Franchise Player

Exp:

How’s it coming along!
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 12:08 AM   #43
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Coordinating the configuring of the Arcade-One, with Carlos.

Oh. SLOWLY, Matt.

SLOWLY.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2022, 08:49 PM   #44
TurdFerguson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Curious what kind of things you are working through. Is it the single screen / marquee stuff in Hyperspin?
Old 11-15-2022, 04:10 PM   #45
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Almost done! Must often tell myself, patience is a virtue..
Old 11-16-2022, 06:54 PM   #46
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
So no photos yet, but will fill this with some build photos. Should complete over the next 6 weeks months.

Coles;
* Cab will be a 4 Player, with trackball (2 x 6 button; 2 x 4 button)
* PC based (arcade-one), without any Pi nonsense.
* Suzo Happ buttons, & sticks
* iPAC 4, u-Trak Trackball
* Finished, stained plywood, with a stainless kickplate
* 65" ProScan LED, vertically mounted @ 4:3
* Logitech 200w 2.1
Updated your timeline.
seriously though, I'm jealous of your cabinet. it looks amazing. I can't wait to see the final photos.
Old 11-23-2022, 02:50 PM   #47
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Been lurking this thread for a long time. Waiting for updates, I got inspired to upgrade from Arcade1Up for my next home arcade machine. I don't have the amazing woodworking skills or tools cam_wmh has and was trying to stay w/ a smaller/cheaper build, so I ended up buying bartop+stand kit online and wrapping the whole thing with kitchen cabinet vinyl wrap+decals off eBay/Etsy to make a semi-custom Neo Geo MVS PC cabinet.

Parts I ended up using
-Bare MDF 24" Bartop kit and stand off Etsy (couple of local guys in FB/Kijiji also do them, but didn't have a design I liked, and they wouldn't customize)
-2 Player control deck using Sanwa Denshi JLF w/ 8-way restrictor and OSBF-30/BaoLian buttons mixed from Retroactive and Aliexpress
-Black T-Molding from Retroactive
-iPAC2 arcade encoder set to XInput from Retroactive
-Aiyama speakers/amp off Aliexpress
-24" Monitor picked up on Kijiji
-Old mini-PC picked up on Kijiji
-3 rolls of Black/Red vinyl/contact paper from Amazon
-Neo Geo/MVS/SNK decals off eBay

Was a lot more involved than putting together something like an A1U but the results turned out way sturdier w/ much better feeling parts. Put CoinOps onto the PC and everything runs amazingly now up to PS3-era games (haven't gotten the newest Technoparrot arcade games running yet tho, configuration looks like a PITA). Just gotta add a coin door and LED marquee sometime down the road.

Pictures in my den next to my Arcade1Up X-Men cab.

Last edited by FlameOn; 11-23-2022 at 04:52 PM.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2022, 07:09 PM   #48
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Wow, beautiful work.

I am trying very hard not to justify a TMNT arcade 1 up as a Christmas gift to myself.
bagofpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 10:08 PM   #49
TurdFerguson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Been lurking this thread for a long time. Waiting for updates, I got inspired to upgrade from Arcade1Up for my next home arcade machine. I don't have the amazing woodworking skills or tools cam_wmh has and was trying to stay w/ a smaller/cheaper build, so I ended up buying bartop+stand kit online and wrapping the whole thing with kitchen cabinet vinyl wrap+decals off eBay/Etsy to make a semi-custom Neo Geo MVS PC cabinet.

Parts I ended up using
-Bare MDF 24" Bartop kit and stand off Etsy (couple of local guys in FB/Kijiji also do them, but didn't have a design I liked, and they wouldn't customize)
-2 Player control deck using Sanwa Denshi JLF w/ 8-way restrictor and OSBF-30/BaoLian buttons mixed from Retroactive and Aliexpress
-Black T-Molding from Retroactive
-iPAC2 arcade encoder set to XInput from Retroactive
-Aiyama speakers/amp off Aliexpress
-24" Monitor picked up on Kijiji
-Old mini-PC picked up on Kijiji
-3 rolls of Black/Red vinyl/contact paper from Amazon
-Neo Geo/MVS/SNK decals off eBay

Was a lot more involved than putting together something like an A1U but the results turned out way sturdier w/ much better feeling parts. Put CoinOps onto the PC and everything runs amazingly now up to PS3-era games (haven't gotten the newest Technoparrot arcade games running yet tho, configuration looks like a PITA). Just gotta add a coin door and LED marquee sometime down the road.

Pictures in my den next to my Arcade1Up X-Men cab.
Well done! If you are just going Xinput then the ipac2 was probably overkill but it does future-proof you in case you need to change down the road. For the extra $60 I probably would have made the same call. Your cab turned out great!

I've been pretty impressed with the last 2 coin-ops builds I've put on my 4-player machine (Collections Arcades and Legends 4 Max). They are just so nice, play great, and damn easy to get up and running. Honestly, I've thought about ditching my Arcade-one machine on the 2-player cab more than once - I don't play many of the more modern games anyway and it just seems overall to be less reliable (It is Hyper-Spin after all). Gotta figure out how to get the Sinden Guns working on Coin-Ops...maybe over xmas...

thanks for sharing!
Old 11-24-2022, 12:32 AM   #50
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdFerguson View Post
Well done! If you are just going Xinput then the ipac2 was probably overkill but it does future-proof you in case you need to change down the road. For the extra $60 I probably would have made the same call. Your cab turned out great!

I've been pretty impressed with the last 2 coin-ops builds I've put on my 4-player machine (Collections Arcades and Legends 4 Max). They are just so nice, play great, and damn easy to get up and running. Honestly, I've thought about ditching my Arcade-one machine on the 2-player cab more than once - I don't play many of the more modern games anyway and it just seems overall to be less reliable (It is Hyper-Spin after all). Gotta figure out how to get the Sinden Guns working on Coin-Ops...maybe over xmas...

thanks for sharing!
The IPAC is definitely overkill for the deck I have. I had plans to put some spinners in before I got the deck and realized I had no space. I used it XInput because CoinOps Collections was already configured for it and I kept on running into conflicts/things not working when using the IPAC in keyboard mode.

Been wanting to get some Sindens myself and downloaded the CoinOps Next Lightgun pack to see what that was like. My hope was to get the more modern Time Crisis. I got the game to run on Technoparrot but I have no guns to test them with yet. Those things are pretty pricey and I can wait till after I get a LED marquee setup.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 04:13 PM   #51
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Should be gaming this weekend. Pictures in a few days.
Old 01-13-2023, 12:33 PM   #52
TurdFerguson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 01-23-2023, 07:45 AM   #53
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

I jumped on this energy after discovering Virtual Pinball and just how good it can be. Surround Sound Feedback so you can hear the ball travelling down the table, haptics such as solenoids so you feel the hits, its crazy.

I didn't feel like using my fine woodworking skills for my first attempt and didn't want a fullsize so I bought the Arcade 1UP pinball cabinet and then basically gutted it and modified it. I got the PC and 3rd screens in and the speakers/transducers/amps, added more buttons etc. Spent far too much time this weekend trying to get an arduino working for control of tilt and plunger instead of just buying the board that just works all because its being scalped these days due to shortage but really instead of $25 its on Amazon for $85 and I should have just bought it lol.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2023, 10:01 AM   #54
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
I jumped on this energy after discovering Virtual Pinball and just how good it can be. Surround Sound Feedback so you can hear the ball travelling down the table, haptics such as solenoids so you feel the hits, its crazy.

I didn't feel like using my fine woodworking skills for my first attempt and didn't want a fullsize so I bought the Arcade 1UP pinball cabinet and then basically gutted it and modified it. I got the PC and 3rd screens in and the speakers/transducers/amps, added more buttons etc. Spent far too much time this weekend trying to get an arduino working for control of tilt and plunger instead of just buying the board that just works all because its being scalped these days due to shortage but really instead of $25 its on Amazon for $85 and I should have just bought it lol.
Virtual pinball has come a long way. I think the point where I might jump in is when we get glasses free 3D so the table has real 3D depth to it.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 03:41 PM   #55
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cam_Wmh...where is the finished product?
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 03:47 PM   #56
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is like Fuzz's garage all over again.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 04:01 PM   #57
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

You guys are just so much work..

Spoiler!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2023, 01:26 PM   #58
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

Spoiler!
I bet the screen doesn't even turn on..........
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fundmark19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2023, 06:30 PM   #59
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Spoiler!
I hope this doesn’t turn into a “That’s great, but who are the chefs?” moment, but why are there only 4 buttons on the outside joysticks and 6 on the inside ones?
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 08:41 PM   #60
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
I hope this doesn’t turn into a “That’s great, but who are the chefs?” moment, but why are there only 4 buttons on the outside joysticks and 6 on the inside ones?
4 sticks are really only required for 4 player games and probably 99% of them only have 4 buttons like The Simpsons, TMNT, etc. It also allows more comfortable spacing.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hack&Lube For This Useful Post: