Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-15-2021, 11:20 AM   #621
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
....I mean they did okay....twice the death rate of Canada and still averaging over 300 deaths/day. Not sure how Poland qualifies as a "success story" with 900 deaths/milllion, but Sweden is an unmitigated disaster at 1000 deaths/million.
Not a single person has hailed Poland's success while criticizing Sweden in the same breath.

And, to be fair, this post seems to be in reference to Poland's vaccine rollout, not their handling of the virus to date. Even then, I would say Poland is not doing a very good job.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:45 AM   #622
opendoor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Poland is certainly an odd country to hold up as some kind of model. They're not even top 10 in Europe in vaccinations per capita and as of yesterday Canada (who is getting criticized as a laggard) had nearly 50% more doses administered.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:49 AM   #623
opendoor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

In not so great news, Pfizer has had to slow down production in their European facility in order to upgrade it (allowing for more overall production in 2021). As a result, any country whose doses are source from there (Canada being one) will see reduced deliveries over the rest of this month and in to February.

Canada hasn't released specific numbers about the reduction, but the EU is expecting about 20% fewer doses than they were anticipating in the coming weeks.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to opendoor For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2021, 02:27 PM   #624
Jordan!
Jordan!

Exp:

Post vaccine update: Slept most of yesterday, no major aches or pains

Today, woke up with much more sore arm, joint aches, still pretty tired, minor headache

About 90% back to usual at this point but overall nothing crazy, longer lasting flu shot effect I'd say.
Jordan! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jordan! For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2021, 02:44 PM   #625
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Just got mine today, working tonight so that might cause some difficulty in figuring out what is a post vaccine effect and what is a night shift hangover.
Old 01-15-2021, 02:51 PM   #626
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerjones View Post
Thats crazy. Can I be on the list in case they don't fill up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob View Post
its depressing because there are hundreds (well probably thousands) of front line health care workers and physicians who have not been deemed eligible yet- however they are getting these same internal email reminders telling their colleagues who have invites to fill the slots. its like a double kick in the shins
There was a huge issue on the rebooking site, we essentially crashed it, and not many people got the email to move their slot. I only knew through word of mouth and moved mine from next week to the next day, and I check my email and there was still no official email. A number of my colleagues weren't able to move theirs, the site wouldn't work, some waited on phone for 1.5hrs to rebook and that failed too. So put the pitchforks away, I assure you every single person I know JUMPED at the opportunity to get it right away. Another thing is the dates we had available were fri-sun only, and well we all work 24hrs a day and can't leave work to do it like hospital staff can, so if the dates and slots don't line up with your time off you're stuck as well. Even in the line up, at least 50% there were my coworkers, which is pretty high odds considering.

TL;DR, the communication failed, and the process to book failed.

Late edit: Just checked my email and we have panic emails from IT about them scrambling to fix the issue. It was also location dependant (those that booked at Richmond Rd weren't affected and were able to change their times, where as all other locations it failed). Some people lost their bookings altogether, others were told to cancel theirs and retry and then like I said it became an IT cluster####. Its now better, and literally thousands have signed up for this weekend with more all the time.

Last edited by Aleks; 01-15-2021 at 03:28 PM.
Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aleks For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2021, 04:40 PM   #627
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
T. So put the pitchforks away, I assure you every single person I know JUMPED at the opportunity to get it right away..
thanks for the informative post and also glad to hear you got your jab! I hope you don't think for a second my post had pitchforks directed towards you. we should all be thrilled that everyone on the front line is getting their turn and getting vaccinated

my frustrations are with the Hinshsaw (and similar) tweets that imply that front line health care workers aren't motivated to get vaccinated- that puts a dent in the public trust (in both vaccines and their care providers) and also demoralizes those who haven't had a turn yet (and have no sense when that might come)

that feeling gets compounded by the now 3-4 times /day emails from AHS that are being sent reminding those who are eligible to sign up (despite the fact the reasons they aren't are systemic) yet these all get sent to the many other people also on the frontlines who are nowhere near getting their turn

I guess essentially this, that was just texted to me while I was typing this..
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...tion-1.5875368
looooob is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to looooob For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2021, 06:21 PM   #628
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob View Post
thanks for the informative post and also glad to hear you got your jab! I hope you don't think for a second my post had pitchforks directed towards you. we should all be thrilled that everyone on the front line is getting their turn and getting vaccinated

my frustrations are with the Hinshsaw (and similar) tweets that imply that front line health care workers aren't motivated to get vaccinated- that puts a dent in the public trust (in both vaccines and their care providers) and also demoralizes those who haven't had a turn yet (and have no sense when that might come)

that feeling gets compounded by the now 3-4 times /day emails from AHS that are being sent reminding those who are eligible to sign up (despite the fact the reasons they aren't are systemic) yet these all get sent to the many other people also on the frontlines who are nowhere near getting their turn

I guess essentially this, that was just texted to me while I was typing this..
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...tion-1.5875368
We are equally dismayed by the tone of her tweets, it seemed kind of out of character. I have colleagues that even drove to Edmonton, and to red deer just to get it as soon as they could from here. It's too bad the tweet kind of twists it a bit! And the pitchforks was a not directed message at you at all

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2021, 09:22 PM   #629
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1350094544247914502
Ashasx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:54 PM   #630
Roughneck
First Line Centre

Exp:

If the retrofit results in more deliveries in Q2 than might be lost for Q1 then it won’t be a big deal, as Q2 seems to be the main driver on whether the September goal is feasible. But frustrating timing regardless.
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roughneck For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2021, 08:07 AM   #631
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamenspiel View Post
Poland is a real success story for sure. Itís amazing what good government can do.
Not to politicize this thread, but I'm not sure if your post is meant in jest or sarcastic. Having lived here since last fall I would hardly classify their government as "good". Most in-the-know locals would say otherwise.

It's essentially a religious far right-wing government that follows the recommendations of the catholic church. Their decision to essentially ban abortions a couple months ago in the midst of a pandemic is truly shameful. As was their implementation of LGBTQ-free zones within the country. There is also a bunch of drama between the duo of Poland and Hungary and the rest of the EU as they often go against the grain.

Prior to the 2nd wave they were doing quite well, as they locked down fairly early when the pandemic broke out and stayed isolated. That all went down the toilet in the fall when the EU stayed open for summer tourism and the 2nd wave hit.

From what I have learned, the vaccine rollout has been decent. I was honestly expecting them to be near the back of the line and for the vaccine rollout to be a gong show. But I guess it pays to be an EU member. They do a pretty good job of keeping everyone updated about the vaccine rollout, registration information and having a timeline. I guess time will tell to see how good of a job they did.

Last edited by Huntingwhale; 01-16-2021 at 09:43 AM.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 01:59 PM   #632
BoLevi
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
We are equally dismayed by the tone of her tweets, it seemed kind of out of character. I have colleagues that even drove to Edmonton, and to red deer just to get it as soon as they could from here. It's too bad the tweet kind of twists it a bit! And the pitchforks was a not directed message at you at all

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Has Hinshaw every actually written a tweet? I doubt it.
BoLevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 02:03 PM   #633
BoLevi
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Daniel Griffin talks here about how health care professionals are getting sick between their first and second doses.

BoLevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 02:19 PM   #634
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoLevi View Post
Has Hinshaw every actually written a tweet? I doubt it.
Iím sure not but they are sent under her name and with her picture/ itís her Twitter feed so the impact is the same
looooob is online now   Reply With Quote