Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2020, 12:19 AM   #21
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

then there's this

afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 11:55 AM   #22
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by annasuave View Post
I went with my whole family on the in-law side. Don't worry! Everyone gets their own private pod. I was probably the most reluctant of the bunch - but what are you going to do when the whole damn fam wants to go?

I selected Silence and Darkness and got in the tank. The darkness is not complete. For safety reasons there's dim lighting on the handles in case you need to make an unplanned exit. You can also select a variety of (pleasant) in-tank lighting options. There's button in the tank - you can change your mind at any time for lights and audio.

I found it very floaty. Not as in "neutrally buoyant" but totally supported by the water and floating on top of it.

The water temperature is controlled, I would guess it's very slightly warmer than body temp.

I expected to be bored out of my ever-loving mind. I splished. I splashed. I played with the lights. I pretended to be a jellyfish and spun around in the tank a few times. I wished I'd worn a watch. I tried to remember pi radians. Then my brain switched off. And I do mean OFF. I experienced a profoundly altered state of consciousness. The kind of altered state where you understand quantum physics and string theory. The kind of state where you understand the.purpose of the universe and your own part in it. I snapped back into myself and was overwhelmed by a sense of profound and heart-wrenching gratitude for simply being alive. I sobbed uncontrollably for some minutes before settling into giggles, then silent happy floating.

There was a beep. The lights came on and my pod opened. I got out, had a shower, put my clothes on and joined my family in the lounge.

My MIL said that it felt nice on her knee. My SIL said it felt nice on her neck. Rico said he thought it was relaxing. I never quite found the words to say that I'd left my body, met god, and understood for a brief moment the purpose of the universe.

I'm not convinced it's got much value as a physical treatment. But it was one hell of a mind####.
That's the experience I was expecting when I went. I like meditating, so I thought I was made for this. I found it so boring and just couldn't get to a point where I was relaxed enough to sort of let go. I lasted about 40 minutes, then was like, fata this, and left. Your experience there sounds awesome, though.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote