Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2017, 09:35 PM   #1
hwy19man
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default November 22 with fourteen games!

It is the busiest Wednesday OOT of the season because it is the day before the Thanksgiving holiday in the USA.

http://sportsstats.cbc.ca/news/NHL-Preview-Roundups.aspx?date=11-22-2017
http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/nh...p?day=20171122

Games still in progress on

at

Winnipeg leads 1-0 after twenty minutes
http://sportsstats.cbc.ca/hockey/nhl-matchups.aspx?page=/data/NHL/matchups/g2_summary_18.html

at

Anaheim leads 1-0 after twenty minutes
http://sportsstats.cbc.ca/hockey/nhl-matchups.aspx?page=/data/NHL/matchups/g2_summary_17.html

must show all Flames games nationally when they play on Saturdays, Mondays, and Wednesdays !!!

Last edited by hwy19man; 11-22-2017 at 11:40 PM.
hwy19man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:02 PM   #2
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't know who this John Tavares guy is but he's pretty good. Someone to keep an eye on for sure.

https://twitter.com/eyesonislesFS/st...28037148319744
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:14 PM   #3
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

That goal was absolutely ridiculous. That might be one of the hardest working, talented goals I’ve seen in years. Jesus Christ. How are you supposed to stop that?
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:16 PM   #4
hwy19man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Final scores and certain games where listed will be repeated at 1100h Thursday along with the Flames-BJs game on the West channel. Sportsnet One is also showing the Leafs, Habs, and Canucks games through out the night in 2.5 hour blocks starting now.

5 at 2 on Sportsnet Pacific

2 at 5 on Sportsnet One at 800h

6 at 2 NOT repeated because it was a regional game

2 at 3 in the shootout on Sportsnet East

1 at 2 in the shootout on Sportsnet Ontario

must show all Flames games nationally when they play on Saturdays, Mondays, and Wednesdays !!!

Last edited by hwy19man; 11-22-2017 at 11:00 PM.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:47 PM   #5
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Derek Grant with 5 goals now.
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:50 PM   #6
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Boeser with another two goals, the kid is going to be an elite talent.
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:57 PM   #7
hwy19man
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Ducks get a 2-0 lead in the second period and the Marchessault scores on the power play with 53 seconds left in the period to make 2-1. The Knights have tied it up early in the third period with Colin Miller's goal.

Lowry and Laine have scored in the final minute in each of the first two periods to make it 2-0 Jets. The Kings score a power play goal in Toffolian fashion, 2-1 now midway through the third period.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:11 PM   #8
hwy19man
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Knights take the 3-2 lead with James Neal scoring the go ahead goal. The Ducks are being severely outplayed and outshot by the Knights. It is currently 48-16!

Old 11-22-2017, 11:21 PM   #9
FlameFan21
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

LA loses in regulation. We've gained a point on them with one game in hand.
FlameFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:26 PM   #10
hwy19man
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Knights score again with two minutes left in the game and win 4-2. The shots were 49-18 for the Knights, John Gibson was the only reason this game was close.

Last edited by hwy19man; 11-23-2017 at 12:55 AM.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:40 PM   #11
hwy19man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Final scores and links for all games.
http://scores.nbcsports.com/nhl/scoreboard.asp?day=20171122
http://sportsstats.cbc.ca/news/NHL-Recap-Roundups.aspx?date=11-22-2017

It was a good Wednesday night of action with all the national games on across Canada, it had a Saturday feel to it. The negative things had the Oilers-Red Wings being a regional game and no doubleheader, the Jets-Kings game should have been on Sportsnet. Sportsnet needs to plan this better in the future.

Old 11-23-2017, 12:14 AM   #12
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwy19man View Post
the Jets-Kings game should have been on Sportsnet. Sportsnet needs to plan this better in the future.[/FONT]
I thought TSN was the Jets' regional carrier. Wouldn't that mean Sportsnet can't carry the game unless they make it a national broadcast?
Old 11-23-2017, 12:28 AM   #13
hwy19man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Random View Post
I thought TSN was the Jets' regional carrier. Wouldn't that mean Sportsnet can't carry the game unless they make it a national broadcast?
You are correct. I was saying that Sportsnet should have planned to nationally televise the game on its network because it was on a Wednesday. All seven Canadian teams were playing on the Wednesday and only five teams were nationally televised.

Old 11-23-2017, 06:07 AM   #14
PegCityFlamesFan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwy19man View Post
You are correct. I was saying that Sportsnet should have planned to nationally televise the game on its network because it was on a Wednesday. All seven Canadian teams were playing on the Wednesday and only five teams were nationally televised.
I'm being selfish but at least on the TSN broadcast I don't have to hear about Mcdavid or Matthews for an entire game. And the announcers are actually good. I'm done with sportsnet.
Old 11-23-2017, 06:46 AM   #15
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegCityFlamesFan View Post
I'm being selfish but at least on the TSN broadcast I don't have to hear about Mcdavid or Matthews for an entire game. And the announcers are actually good. I'm done with sportsnet.
I like the TSN crew for the Leafs games too. Sportsnet sucks. Greg Mullen and Paul Romanuk are the worst.

If the two of them are doing the game I always watch the opposing team feed on NHL.tv
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 06:51 AM   #16
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any fans that have their teams covered by TSN instead of RSN should cherish every moment of every broadcast. I actually used to watch intermissions and post game stuff when TSN did games. Now most of the time as soon as a period expires I tune out.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:52 AM   #17
PegCityFlamesFan
First Line Centre

Exp:

I turned on TSN to watch highlights today because I fell asleep after the 2nd. The highlights started with the Oilers, followed by the Leafs and then the Canucks. Jets, Habs, Flames and Sens to finish. Can someone explain to me why the best teams are left to toil away while these jobbers are shoved down my throat.
Old 11-23-2017, 08:08 AM   #18
gunnner
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Any fans that have their teams covered by TSN instead of RSN should cherish every moment of every broadcast. I actually used to watch intermissions and post game stuff when TSN did games. Now most of the time as soon as a period expires I tune out.
In general i agree, TSN is better in every way than SN.But Elliote Friedman and Kyperos are generally ok when they are the panel for SN intermissions.
gunnner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 06:19 PM   #19
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegCityFlamesFan View Post
I turned on TSN to watch highlights today because I fell asleep after the 2nd. The highlights started with the Oilers, followed by the Leafs and then the Canucks. Jets, Habs, Flames and Sens to finish. Can someone explain to me why the best teams are left to toil away while these jobbers are shoved down my throat.
Leafs are tied for most points out of all Canadian teams so not sure why they aren't considered a top team by you?

But anyways, who cares when your team comes up for the highlights. It likely has to do with who they think is the most interesting story. Oilers struggling so they get first highlight? Sens and Jets are last because no one really cares about them.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote