Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2020, 09:29 AM   #841
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
I had to make sure my Gamma was set to 2.1 or 2.2 before the PS5 recognized the HDR. something like that I was set to 1.8 but makes sense HDR requires a higher gamma
Its definitely just the HDMI switch, I have it direct to TV and it works fine without fiddling around with any settings at all.

Seems like I'm going to have to get a new one. All the Monoprice models have been cleared out by Series X/PS5 buyers though.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 05:39 PM   #842
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

If anyone has an extra PS5 digital I have a friend looking for one send me a PM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 09:40 PM   #843
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Spider-Man is one hell of a launch title. I have really only got to play a little bit but I am loving it. I am looking forward to upgrading my TV in the new year but sure as hell enjoying this new console regardless.
I’m planning on upgrading to a 4K TV on Black Friday but the DualSense has made the jump to next gen worth it still.

Just does different things that really do feel more immersive.

Ray Tracing in Spider-Man is fantastic too.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2020, 03:31 AM   #844
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Take care!

https://twitter.com/user/status/1328519880971259906
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 07:28 AM   #845
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has anyone had any issues with their PS5 crashing and this whole rest mode thing? My system crashed once yesterday where Spider-Man just stopped working so I did a shutdown and restart and everything was fine.

Reading up about issues online it seems it is risky to put the console on rest mode? To be safe I powered it down fully when I finished playing last night. Anyone else read about the rest mode issues? How are you all powering down your systems at the end of the day?
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 08:07 AM   #846
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Has anyone had any issues with their PS5 crashing and this whole rest mode thing? My system crashed once yesterday where Spider-Man just stopped working so I did a shutdown and restart and everything was fine.

Reading up about issues online it seems it is risky to put the console on rest mode? To be safe I powered it down fully when I finished playing last night. Anyone else read about the rest mode issues? How are you all powering down your systems at the end of the day?
I haven’t had that issue, but I have had a hard drive issue after transferring from PS4 which needed me to reset.

FWIW, I have had zero problems by closing the game I’ve been playing and then putting it into rest most after (so that it can still download updates, charge the controller, etc).

I’ve heard the problem is primarily with Spider-Man, and mostly if you leave the game running in rest mode.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2020, 08:23 AM   #847
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

I shut down at the end of the day and haven't had any issues with that so far.

Last night I was trying to set-up my old PS4 Pro so my son could play online while I played the PS5 online both using the same PS+ account. It was pretty easy once I figured out what to do, but when I went back to the PS5 and tried to log-in I had some issues. It prompted me to press the Playstation button and then select a user, then back to press the playstation button and then a user. It just kept going in a loop so I thought it wasn't going to work, but restarted and had no issue.

For the PS5 itself I'm amazed at how much I really like the controller. Just feels a bit better in the hands maybe due to being slightly heavier and the vibration is crazy. Different locations of the controller, different intensities, and the way it is sync'd with the game is perfect. Definitely didn't expect it to be such an improvement.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:37 AM   #848
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've had one random time when I was playing Ghosts of Tsushima and the PS5 just went into standby by itself for no reason at all. Like gaming then it kicked me into the "going into rest mode" message screen.

Haven't had any other problems with rest mode like other people describe, but I did unplug my PS5 in rest mode and it had to go through one of those improper shutdown HDD scans.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 09:47 AM   #849
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I haven’t had that issue, but I have had a hard drive issue after transferring from PS4 which needed me to reset.

FWIW, I have had zero problems by closing the game I’ve been playing and then putting it into rest most after (so that it can still download updates, charge the controller, etc).

I’ve heard the problem is primarily with Spider-Man, and mostly if you leave the game running in rest mode.
Is there any reason to transfer HD data from a PS4 outside of game save files? With both new consoles having a few bugs I'm wondering if it's best just to start clean and not transfer data from my old consoles. I don't overly care about save files as I don't re-play games and there's no games right now that I'm in the middle of.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 09:47 AM   #850
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I have a line on an Xbox, let me know if you or anyone you know has a PS5 disc version they are looking to sell I am interested.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 09:51 AM   #851
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Is there any reason to transfer HD data from a PS4 outside of game save files? With both new consoles having a few bugs I'm wondering if it's best just to start clean and not transfer data from my old consoles. I don't overly care about save files as I don't re-play games and there's no games right now that I'm in the middle of.
Nope. It asks what you want to transfer during setup, so originally I transferred game saves and the game files themselves. The game files are what caused the issue. After reset, I just transferred the game saves and then manually downloaded the game files I wanted from my library, which was honestly just as fast if not faster and I haven't had an issue since.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 09:59 AM   #852
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Now Canada Post is saying I won't get my PS5 until Monday. They are the Oilers of shipping services.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 10:00 AM   #853
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Now Canada Post is saying I won't get my PS5 until Monday. They are the Oilers of shipping services.
It's impressive how slow they manage to be. $20 shipping cost, fedex can get something here from florida in 3 days.

same package same size, $26 shipping cost from Ontario, takes a week and a half
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 10:22 AM   #854
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
It's impressive how slow they manage to be. $20 shipping cost, fedex can get something here from florida in 3 days.

same package same size, $26 shipping cost from Ontario, takes a week and a half
Yeah, I ordered a couple of canvas prints for my mom for Christmas that ended up being made and shipped from India via FedEx. It took 4-5 days. I was pretty impressed considering the distance.

I was fine with it getting to Winnipeg on Monday morning. It takes atleast a couple of days to get from Mississauga to Winnipeg by ground. But it should have left there atleast this morning and should have got here late tonight for sorting tomorrow morning.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 10:28 AM   #855
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Yeah, our delivery guy didn't knock or ring the doorbell. Just dropped off the notification slip for pick up whenever they manage to drop it off at the depot.
Old 11-18-2020, 10:50 AM   #856
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima’s PS5 patches are pretty damn striking. Really impressed by them both.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 11:26 AM   #857
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1329128773975822336
Old 11-18-2020, 11:29 AM   #858
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Double post.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 11:38 AM   #859
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Surprised the S is still up.

EDIT: Close to an hour now even with RFD seeing it, wow.

Last edited by chemgear; 11-18-2020 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-18-2020, 11:39 AM   #860
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Surprised the S is still up.
Not too surprised, its the crappy model and

DUE TO INCREASED HOLIDAY DEMAND PRODUCTS WILL NOT ARRIVE UNTIL THE END OF DECEMBER.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post: