Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2020, 12:00 AM   #281
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Yeah I've got enough bells for a long time and over 90,000 Nook Miles, I bought a bunch of tickets as one of my villagers moved out so was going to hunt for someone interesting but got the unicorn guy on the second one lol.

Might spend some time grinding balloons as I would like a few off the seasonal shell recipes. Usually during the evening when they come on from the east (my east beach is unbroken) I'll just run up and down getting balloons and clams. Will probably need some bait to get the rest of the fish I need.

But with the expansions for Pokemon coming out soon (and spending time in RDR2) I'm probably going to play less for a while, though playing for half an hour each day just to check the stores and my flowers I still enjoy.
My east coast is clear as well and it’s my favourite area for fishing and popping balloons at night. I have the Water flooring if you want it.

It took me over 70 bait to get the Giant Trevally. I probably got 30 sea bass while trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillGoat View Post
Lol when the GF had turnips going for $581 I time travelled back to Sunday on my island and spent about 2 hours doing turnip runs and split the profits with her. Think I'm still sitting on 18M. I'd be amazed if they don't add more Nook Miles items in an update. Lots of people mentioning they have nothing to spend them on. I think I have 185k, although I generally only do mystery island tours for resources, and use the amiibos to invite villagers.

Kind of nice, now I'm just tinkering with my island and working on cataloguing stuff. Island's pretty close to where I want it now until winter.
Wow that’s crazy. I’ve only done turnips once and I don’t time travel and I still have a few million bells. I’m over 100k miles as well. They definitely need new ways to spend them.

Fortunately I’m not bored yet. I do little tweaks to my layout when I get new ideas or objects. I have a nice beach resort that I set up today. I just need some tropical drinks to put on the tables.

I’m going to setup a dedicated twitter account to upload screenshots. That seems to be the easiest way to share them. I’d like to see anyone else’s island too if you feel like sharing.
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2020, 03:10 AM   #282
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Wow that’s crazy. I’ve only done turnips once and I don’t time travel and I still have a few million bells.
I just need some tropical drinks to put on the tables.
Yeah I had around 4-5mil via legitimate means. Then I decided to add a second account on the switch to build another house and that drained it.

I got tired of the lack of storage for turnips (either ruin your house or your 5-star rating to store them), and with my work schedule lots of times it's impossible to check prices, or get an internet connection (or my switch!) to sell if a friend had good prices. So when the opportunity came up I jumped on it. This way I can pare down the size of my orchard too. I'm currently trying to get all my villager's portraits so burning about 50k a day buying stuff at Mabels for gifts

Oh - If you need some tropical drinks I have the coconut juice DIY and can make you some.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownhillGoat For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2020, 08:20 AM   #283
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only thing getting me out of the bed in the morning is recreating movie scenes via Animal Crossing.

I present: ####ter was Full...

Old 06-08-2020, 08:57 AM   #284
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DownhillGoat For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2020, 09:31 AM   #285
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 06-09-2020, 12:15 PM   #286
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhillGoat View Post

You should get the Summer Solstice crown and do Midsommar.
Old 06-09-2020, 07:15 PM   #287
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I guess my island was a 5 star island and I didn't even know it. I was wandering around and found a lilly of the valley! Went and talked to Isabelle and got my golden watering can recipe. I guess I can do golden roses now as I have lots of black ones.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2020, 11:21 PM   #288
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I got the last fossil I needed to complete my museum today.

Also, this is weird...

Old 06-11-2020, 08:24 PM   #289
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I got the rugged tree island tonight. I noticed the only insects were tree beetles. So I cut down everything but a couple of coconut trees. It’s mostly drone beetles but Goliath beetles spawn occasionally. They respawn as soon as the tree goes offscreen so running in a circle is a quick way to farm Goliaths.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2020, 06:35 PM   #290
photon

Exp:

Any idea how to move a 2nd player's tent? I thought maybe it had to do with the initial loan but I paid off that off with nook miles and I can't move it. If I go with my primary character to do layout changes I can only move the regular houses, not the 2nd character's tent. Want to move the tent and make it part of the campsite.

Though maybe I should just build the house, I just ran out of storage and I don't have that many crafting materials stored up. Maybe 40 fish but I sold all my bugs a couple of days ago.

I just tried to find out how many items there are and it looks like it far exceeds the storage capacity, so I guess there's no point in trying to keep "one of everything" to be a completionist. I can sell off everything I can re-buy through the app or craft I guess and just keep the stuff I don't have a recipe for or can't buy.

Oh and I got a gold rose!
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2020, 04:28 PM   #291
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I just tried to find out how many items there are and it looks like it far exceeds the storage capacity
Oh yeah. I was close to 1500 items and sold a ton off. I'm not keeping hardwood or softwood anymore, and once I get portraits for my villagers I'll likely dump most of my clothing items again. Only took 3 months but finally got my first portrait.

Have you tried moving the tent by talking to Tom Nook using the secondary account? That's how I've been able to move the second house, but don't know if it's a tent limitation or if only the homeowner can move it.
Old 06-13-2020, 04:55 PM   #292
photon

Exp:

Yeah I talked to him with the secondary account and just had the option to pay off the loan.. so I did that now I have the option to update to a house.

I only want it for decoration and to sometimes buy a fake art item if there's a statue I want (the David statue is a lot larger than I thought it'd be), so I could just delete it and re-create it at the place I want it too.
Old 06-13-2020, 05:57 PM   #293
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Any idea how to move a 2nd player's tent? I thought maybe it had to do with the initial loan but I paid off that off with nook miles and I can't move it. If I go with my primary character to do layout changes I can only move the regular houses, not the 2nd character's tent. Want to move the tent and make it part of the campsite.

Though maybe I should just build the house, I just ran out of storage and I don't have that many crafting materials stored up. Maybe 40 fish but I sold all my bugs a couple of days ago.

I just tried to find out how many items there are and it looks like it far exceeds the storage capacity, so I guess there's no point in trying to keep "one of everything" to be a completionist. I can sell off everything I can re-buy through the app or craft I guess and just keep the stuff I don't have a recipe for or can't buy.

Oh and I got a gold rose!
I’ve never tried it but I read that you do it through the settings on the title screen.

I also read that customizing tools repairs them. Can anyone confirm that?
Old 06-13-2020, 07:01 PM   #294
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
I’ve never tried it but I read that you do it through the settings on the title screen.

I also read that customizing tools repairs them. Can anyone confirm that?
Yeah, tools are good for 100 uses (I think?) and customizing resets the uses to 0
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wood For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2020, 09:29 PM   #295
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah I talked to him with the secondary account and just had the option to pay off the loan.. so I did that now I have the option to update to a house.
I just checked on my secondary account. You can move it with the secondary character if it's a house.

So yeah, I guess your option is either upgrade it, or if you don't want the house, delete and recreate, then put it where you want.
Old 06-14-2020, 12:42 PM   #296
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I found some paths that look really natural.

https://animalcrossingworld.com/2020...ons-community/

Creator code: MA-6647-9230-4716
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2020, 12:44 PM   #297
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Double post
Old 06-14-2020, 10:43 PM   #298
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I created a new Twitter account just for Switch screenshots since that seems to be the only easy way to share them. This is an example of the new paths I mentioned.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1272387641141420034

Edit: here I am farming beetles.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1272390577737224195

Last edited by DownInFlames; 06-14-2020 at 10:53 PM.
Old 06-17-2020, 08:23 PM   #299
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Staying open until close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FlamesFanStrandedInEDM For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2020, 06:29 PM   #300
photon

Exp:

Finally got all the fossils!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post: