Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2020, 12:28 PM   #3141
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Darkest Dungeon Board Game Kickstarter is ending soon.

They have a massive All-in pledge now!

Last edited by chemgear; 11-03-2020 at 12:32 PM.
chemgear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 11:00 AM   #3142
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

I've finally gotten around to playing Diablo III. What a throwback to the mid-late 90s/early 2000s

I'm playing it on the Switch of all things, because I just happened to spot it at the Crossroads Market for $10. Honestly thought it ws thought it was going to completely suck on a console

Last edited by Sr. Mints; 11-06-2020 at 11:03 AM.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sr. Mints For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2020, 11:08 AM   #3143
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Mints View Post
I've finally gotten around to playing Diablo III. What a throwback to the mid-late 90s/early 2000s

I'm playing it on the Switch of all things, because I just happened to spot it at the Crossroads Market for $10. Honestly thought it ws thought it was going to completely suck on a console
It’s pretty awesome on console a little ugly on switch but that’s expected but portable D3 is awesome.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 01:13 PM   #3144
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Mints View Post

I still play this pretty regularly, with the changes brought in every season it brings a lot of new items and fun new ways to play the game. Man did I ever enjoy double loot goblins
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 11:38 AM   #3145
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Mass Effect remaster officially announced today, as well as work on a new Mass Effect game is underway.
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luder For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2020, 02:16 PM   #3146
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've really wanted to replay the Mass Effect trilogy lately but I guess I'm waiting until next year now.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 03:53 PM   #3147
gallione11
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
I still play this pretty regularly, with the changes brought in every season it brings a lot of new items and fun new ways to play the game. Man did I ever enjoy double loot goblins
I binged played it a lot, but man I wish they'd add controller support for PC. I always end up having to quit after a week or so due to massive wrist pain. Does it play ok on consoles? Might have to pick up the switch copy if it is.
gallione11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 06:28 PM   #3148
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallione11 View Post
I binged played it a lot, but man I wish they'd add controller support for PC. I always end up having to quit after a week or so due to massive wrist pain. Does it play ok on consoles? Might have to pick up the switch copy if it is.
I really enjoyed it on Switch. It looks only ok but it’s smooth.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2020, 06:34 PM   #3149
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What kind of mouse do you use? I have brutal tendonitus so finding a mouse that fit my hand was a game changer
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 09:00 PM   #3150
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
It plays quite well on console, I pay on Xbox so the visuals are much better than what they are on the switch but that won't take away from your enjoyment.
The Following User Says Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2020, 09:13 AM   #3151
gallione11
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
What kind of mouse do you use? I have brutal tendonitus so finding a mouse that fit my hand was a game changer
I was using just a standard mouse when I was playing, but I picked up a Logitech G600 a year or two ago. I haven't tried Diablo with it, however.
gallione11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 09:33 AM   #3152
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Myles Morales' new adidas sneakers which will also be getting a limited release on November 19th.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/11...D5I_galX71TVC4

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 01:23 PM   #3153
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Jordans were way better.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2020, 07:47 AM   #3154
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wish Microsoft would have gave people the option on whether they wanted to convert their EA Play subscription to Game Pass Ultimate because I think I'd rather have the 10 months and 3 weeks of EA Play than the 4 months and 3 weeks of Ultimate.

The only good thing about it is I guess I can retire my Xbox One earlier since I planned on moving over my subscription to PS5 once NHL 22 was released anyway. I'll just have to make sure I play any of the BC games I was interested in since the PlayStation version doesn't offer them.
Old 11-10-2020, 11:16 AM   #3155
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I wish Microsoft would have gave people the option on whether they wanted to convert their EA Play subscription to Game Pass Ultimate because I think I'd rather have the 10 months and 3 weeks of EA Play than the 4 months and 3 weeks of Ultimate.

The only good thing about it is I guess I can retire my Xbox One earlier since I planned on moving over my subscription to PS5 once NHL 22 was released anyway. I'll just have to make sure I play any of the BC games I was interested in since the PlayStation version doesn't offer them.
Try some of the games on Game pass that you usually wouldn't spent money on! Some real great games are available.
Old 11-10-2020, 05:05 PM   #3156
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just picked up AC Valhalla on my break, can't wait to fire it up when I get home.

Not expecting anything game-changing in this one, I'm sure it'll have a similar feel to Origins/Odyssey, with the big change being the first full next gen ONLY game coming in 2022 probably (like Unity was). But it still looks fun. Dismemberment finally included! Looks super gorey as far as AC games go anyway.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 06:35 PM   #3157
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
Try some of the games on Game pass that you usually wouldn't spent money on! Some real great games are available.
Yeah, I have a bunch installed to my PC since I've been getting Game Pass PC for $1 a month for the last 6 months or so by turning off reoccurring payments. Had I stuck to that I wouldn't have had my EA Play subscription converted over but I had read that it only applied if you subscribed through your Xbox One and not a prepaid card. I've also been expecting the "glitch" to eventually get fixed so I figured doing the $1 for Ultimate promo would be the safe way to go.

Game Pass Ultimate is a good deal but my backlog is huge and other than the free games Live is pretty much useless to me since I don't play multiplayer so it's not as good of an investment for me to be an active subscriber.

It's not a huge deal as EA Play is already a good deal so having to drop another $30 5 months earlier isn't horrible. I just have to make sure I use my Game Pass subscription more than I would only paying $1.
The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2020, 05:19 PM   #3158
Two Fivenagame
First Line Centre

Exp:

Really struggling with Doom Eternal.

What an exhausting game.

Do you have to be amped up on a case of redbull and bottle of Adderall to enjoy this?

And why do studios insist on adding tedious puzzles and awkward platforming to their games? Who likes this crap? The same people who don't like chocolate??

Wish I could get a refund.
Old 11-11-2020, 05:37 PM   #3159
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

Oh man, I just beat Doom Eternal. I thought it was a rush to play through. Waiting for all DLC to come out before I play the Ancient Ones.

I don't recall much for puzzles to the game. Most levels are straight forward, and there's a couple collectibles that are a bit tougher to get, but not "let me get my strategy guide out" tough

Sorry you aren't enjoying it, but I think it's one of the best games that came out in 2020.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Esoteric For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2020, 10:22 PM   #3160
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Yeah I really enjoyed Eternal. Definitely torques you up a little bit but once you get in to the rhythm of the combat and the various combos, it’s damned satisfying.