Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-23-2019, 03:48 PM   #201
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypucker View Post
Try Amazon Essentials or Goodthread (by Amazon) brand shorts. They have a million different styles and cuts and colours.

And they are cheap too
Awesome, I'll take a look!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy City View Post
Or try Eddie Bauer in store? They have sales often and well-tailored styles.
Huge Eddie Bauer fan. Bought my last two jackets there! Good tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
I'm curious of two things.

1. Is it starch? Verifying if it's softer after the wash will give an idea.
2. Dryer balls. Would running your dryer on air fluff or air dry with dryer balls help pound that sucker into submission? (ie: accelerate break in of the pants)
I'll check them out again when I get home tonight. I'm curious too. They're twill, if that means anything... I have no experience with twill tbh.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 03:50 PM   #202
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
Stiff shorts.

Dude just go to a Lululemon store.
Yeah I'm starting to clue in that guys shop there too... I had never even thought of that until this thread happened. I'll check it out!
Old 08-23-2019, 04:00 PM   #203
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
Yeah I'm starting to clue in that guys shop there too... I had never even thought of that until this thread happened. I'll check it out!
Bless you, sir!
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:07 PM   #204
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Although... wouldn't going to a Lululemon store be a leading cause of stiff shorts?
Old 08-23-2019, 04:07 PM   #205
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Not just Lulu stories.

As I said earlier go to any store and try things on until you know what you like. Buy clothes that you have never tried on or touched is a bit crazy to me. It is different if you know the cut/fabric/style of the garment before you buy on line.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2019, 04:12 PM   #206
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Not just Lulu stories.

As I said earlier go to any store and try things on until you know what you like. Buy clothes that you have never tried on or touched is a bit crazy to me. It is different if you know the cut/fabric/style of the garment before you buy on line.
Yeah I just honestly hate trying on clothes right now. It's like the number one way to make me feel like a loser... I don't know what I'm doing, and I'm not in shape so nothing looks good anyway... plus I really dislike the feel of new clothes. I like wearing things I've worn before and am comfortable in.

Baby steps, though. I'm also working on getting in to shape. I feel like once I get rid of some of the excess, perhaps trying on clothes won't be quite as miserable.

In the meantime, if I buy three things online and only one fits, but I didn't have to go into a store and try anything on, then I feel like that's an acceptable trade off.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:14 PM   #207
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah I just honestly hate trying on clothes right now. It's like the number one way to make me feel like a loser... I don't know what I'm doing, and I'm not in shape so nothing looks good anyway... plus I really dislike the feel of new clothes. I like wearing things I've worn before and am comfortable in.

Baby steps, though. I'm also working on getting in to shape. I feel like once I get rid of some of the excess, perhaps trying on clothes won't be quite as miserable.

In the meantime, if I buy three things online and only one fits, but I didn't have to go into a store and try anything on, then I feel like that's an acceptable trade off.
Come on, pal. Just buy clothes that fit!
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peter12 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2019, 04:17 PM   #208
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Dude it's so easy, just check out J Crew in market mall.

https://www.jcrew.com/ca/c/mens_category/shorts

They have every length and colour under the sun. As I said a few pages back, their chinos are also some of the best I've tried. Honestly, when I was living in the states, they were my go to store for basics. You want slim navy chinos? Check. Want a white Oxford shirt? Check. Want funky socks? Check.

Is it the best clothing around? Absolutely not. But it's surprisingly good quality for the price point.
_Q_ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to _Q_ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2019, 04:21 PM   #209
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Ok, I was just about to pull the trigger on another $100 amazon purchase for shorts and shirts, but I'll give the in-store thing another shot!
Old 08-23-2019, 04:35 PM   #210
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Then maybe don't try it on for the looks? Blindly trust in the fashion sense you've received so far from internet strangers and just try it on for an idea whether it's a fit you like. Also, you're there to try on the clothes for yourself. You aren't going there to impress the store employees.

People have different shapes and preferences, friend's of mine raved about the Levi's 501 and 514 they owned. When I gave them a try, I nearly knocked myself out in the change room when sitting down because the design of these pants created a powerful denim vice on my balls and swiftly crushed them while I was not expecting it. I ignored Levi's for years because of that, but hopping into the 541? I was Russian dancing with no ill effect to my balls at all. I bought whatever colors my fiance at the time told me to as long as they were the 541.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2019, 04:37 PM   #211
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Q_ View Post

They have every length and colour under the sun. As I said a few pages back, their chinos are also some of the best I've tried. Honestly, when I was living in the states, they were my go to store for basics. You want slim navy chinos? Check. Want a white Oxford shirt? Check. Want funky socks? Check.

Is it the best clothing around? Absolutely not. But it's surprisingly good quality for the price point.
except for this mess:

https://www.jcrew.com/ca/p/mens_cate...me=khaki-brown

good lord

Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
_Q_
Old 08-23-2019, 04:38 PM   #212
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Q_ View Post

I was bummed when they closed their Chinook location.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:39 PM   #213
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
I bought whatever colors my fiance at the time told me to as long as they were the 541.
Yes, it was you that mentioned the 541's.

I am currently wearing my favorite pair.

A great fitting jean for me, in fact I think the best of any jeans I own.

Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2019, 05:57 PM   #214
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
An old bud TJ, runs the Shop, and does a bang up job.
I’ll echo others, in visiting a Leo’s/Less17/Dutil, to grab a good pair. If you’re in Van though, visit the Shop and check out a pair of Tellason.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 08:36 PM   #215
My2Cents
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I got a question. So if you work in a place that has a uniform (in my case my PPE), does it matter what you come and go into the building wearing before you change? Do you think it matters in anyway?
My2Cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:20 PM   #216
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post
I got a question. So if you work in a place that has a uniform (in my case my PPE), does it matter what you come and go into the building wearing before you change? Do you think it matters in anyway?
No.
If your job requires you to wear specific gear/uniform, you don't need to bother wearing something nice to and from. Obviously if you're planning on doing something after, bring a change.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mass_nerder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2019, 09:22 PM   #217
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Holy #$#@. How did I not know if the existence of this store before... And they have flat head in sale. Will gave to check these guys out asap.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2019, 10:14 AM   #218
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Just checked out Dutil in Inglewood. The staff there are super knowledgeable and have a great selection of denim styles. The cool thing is, they'll do alterations for free and even give you free repairs for life on any jeans you purchase from them. I picked up a pair of light grey Nudies.
_Q_ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to _Q_ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2019, 10:34 AM   #219
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

You really can't beat Lululemon for casual office wear IMO. The dress pants are crazy comfortable, are a fashionable cut, and are wrinkle free. They are my go to for travel; you can pair the dress pants with just about anything from dress shirts to golf shirts to sweaters (with nice shoes) and still have a very presentable look. I wear them all the time.

Same with the golf shirts. They come in all kinds of sizes, materials and cuts, so it's really easy to find stuff there that looks great and is REALLY low maintenance and comfortable. Plus it's affordable.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:06 AM   #220
tripin_billie
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm not sure if they still have men's clothing in Canada, but Club Monaco is also a good option if you like the general styling of JCrew but want something slightly more stylish.
tripin_billie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tripin_billie For This Useful Post:
_Q_