Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-14-2022, 11:12 AM   #1
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:
Default TiCats have acquired the rights to Bo Levi Mitchell

End of an era in Calgary.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1592217772666556416

Last edited by sureLoss; 11-14-2022 at 03:08 PM.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2022, 11:22 AM   #2
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 11-14-2022, 11:31 AM   #3
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hamilton is good, the thought of him going to the hillbilly Riders was awful. Its bad enough that Charleston Hughes was part of that organization
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 12:10 PM   #4
Mathgod
Franchise Player

Exp:

Happy trails, Bo! All the best to you.

Old 11-14-2022, 12:14 PM   #5
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Have they given up on Evans?
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 12:39 PM   #6
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great, getting something for Bo is better than watching him walk for nothing. Im assuming it is a 6th round pick or someone off the neg list.
Cheese is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2022, 12:44 PM   #7
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would hope the Stamps can sign Evans assuming he gets released. He's got arm talent and I think Dave could coach him up.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2022, 01:25 PM   #8
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1592239070184615937
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 02:46 PM   #9
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
and to a lesser extent, Curtis Dickson with the Roughnecks
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 03:03 PM   #10
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1592264860435468288

Sad to see him leave Calgary with only two rings, but he was a pro and one of the best in the league for a very long time. His performance in the first half of the 2014 Grey Cup was about as good as I've seen. It's too bad injuries slowed him down as when healthy, Gunslinger Bo was pretty dominant.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2022, 03:05 PM   #11
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only Stamps starting QB to win 2 Grey Cups.

It's just disappointing that it should be 4.
Old 11-14-2022, 03:28 PM   #12
The Familia
First Line Centre

Exp:

I can deal with the Grey Cup loss to Ottawa (Good for Burris and Ottawa who deserved a cup after many years of not having a team), but that loss to Toronto in the snow still pisses me off. Should be 3/4.
William Jennings Trophy - 2006
The Familia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Familia For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2022, 03:54 PM   #13
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Familia View Post
I can deal with the Grey Cup loss to Ottawa (Good for Burris and Ottawa who deserved a cup after many years of not having a team), but that loss to Toronto in the snow still pisses me off. Should be 3/4.
I don't blame Bo for that (even though he forced it into coverage for the INT late in that game when they still had a chance to tie it with a FG). I blame Kamar Jorden who fumbled it at the 6 yard line. It was 24-16 at the time. He doesn't fumble there and likely either Messam plunges it or they get a FG and have a two score lead with 4:30 left in the 4th in weather conditions that Toronto had issues moving the ball in.

That all said, it's easy to say he should have had 3 cups in 4 appearances, but I would ask the question of whether the 2018 Grey Cup happens had they won in 2017? A lot of players returned in 2018 with 'unfinished business' who might have had better opportunities to sign elsewhere had they won the cup in 2017. Also we've seen it time and time again where teams lack the focus to repeat after winning a championship. Heck do they even go to the Grey Cup game in 2017 had they beat Ottawa in 2016? Speaking of that game I blame Dave Dickenson's love of the QB sweep on short yardage plays that unnecessarily risks the QB being tackled behind the line when you have the leagues best Offensive line, Running back and the Canadian game gives you a full yard at the line of scrimmage for that loss. Should have won 37-33 with 15 seconds left)

Last edited by Cowboy89; 11-14-2022 at 04:02 PM.
Cowboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cowboy89 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2022, 04:16 PM   #14
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mitchell will be on Barn Burner tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1592281329626124290

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MissTeeks For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2022, 04:32 PM   #15
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy89 View Post
I don't blame Bo for that (even though he forced it into coverage for the INT late in that game when they still had a chance to tie it with a FG). I blame Kamar Jorden who fumbled it at the 6 yard line. It was 24-16 at the time. He doesn't fumble there and likely either Messam plunges it or they get a FG and have a two score lead with 4:30 left in the 4th in weather conditions that Toronto had issues moving the ball in.

That all said, it's easy to say he should have had 3 cups in 4 appearances, but I would ask the question of whether the 2018 Grey Cup happens had they won in 2017? A lot of players returned in 2018 with 'unfinished business' who might have had better opportunities to sign elsewhere had they won the cup in 2017. Also we've seen it time and time again where teams lack the focus to repeat after winning a championship. Heck do they even go to the Grey Cup game in 2017 had they beat Ottawa in 2016? Speaking of that game I blame Dave Dickenson's love of the QB sweep on short yardage plays that unnecessarily risks the QB being tackled behind the line when you have the leagues best Offensive line, Running back and the Canadian game gives you a full yard at the line of scrimmage for that loss. Should have won 37-33 with 15 seconds left)
It was a dickensen #### up. Messam needed the ball in that situation. I liken this heavily to pete carroll deciding a pass play was superior to giving Marshawn Lynch the ball at the 1 yard line. Get out of your own coaching ass and make the right play. Jeesh!
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2022, 04:34 PM   #16
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Argos seemed like the perfect place until they qualified for the Grey Cup. Going to Hamilton is next best, it's funny we sent Burris to Hamilton to make room for Mitchell.
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 04:35 PM   #17
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy89 View Post

That call still bugs me so much, the Stamps started rolling and Dave calls some dumb sweep play and kick the field goal. We should have won that game.
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paulie Walnuts For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2022, 04:48 PM   #18
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one still bitter about that play call in 2016.

I mean, I'm sure Andrew Buckley's a nice guy and everything but to put the ball in his hands when you have the MOP and MOC never made sense to me.

The only redeeming quality about the 2016 Grey Cup is that Burris played out of his mind that game, and they still barely beat us...
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2022, 06:51 PM   #19
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mitchell was great for us. Team deserved one more GC, take your pick which one.

Covid though really messed him up, like many, I don’t think trained properly enough in that dull season lost, and he came back not in great shape and then hurt himself.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 06:57 PM   #20
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
The Argos seemed like the perfect place until they qualified for the Grey Cup. Going to Hamilton is next best, it's funny we sent Burris to Hamilton to make room for Mitchell.
Actually the heir apparent after Burris was Drew Tate who then subsequently lost his job to Mitchell in 2014 after losing his job to Kevin Glenn due to injury in 2012 & 2013. Looking back now Drew Tate seems like a lot of lost potential, but I will always remember him fondly for finding Romby Bryant behind coverage late in the 2012 west Semi-Final against the Riders.
Cowboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy89 For This Useful Post: