Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2022, 10:29 AM   #121
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dynasty league.

G. Kittle for A.Cooper, which side do you take
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 11:31 AM   #122
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
Dynasty league.

G. Kittle for A.Cooper, which side do you take
That's a tough one. Tight End is such a wasteland, that I'd be tempted to go Kittle since the pool of receivers should be deeper, and seems to have more incoming rookies every year than TE does. Even when you get a higher draft pick at Tight End it seems more hit or miss than Wide Receiver is.

Although Cooper might go up in value if him and Watson can find some chemistry.
Old 11-26-2022, 12:12 PM   #123
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm struggling here.

I have

Najee Harris
Cordarelle Patterson
And
Samaje Perine.

Which 2 do I start?

Im leaning Harris and Perine. Harris Is on the upswing, and Perine has a huge opportunity with Mixon out. Patterson was productive early in the season but has been really inconsistent lately. But he also has the potential for big fantasy points.
sa226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 10:18 PM   #124
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Don't like the matchup for any of them.

Is it a PPR league? If not sit Perine, Titans defense is really tough on running backs which will make the Bengals go pass heavy. Game script has no bearing on if Atlanta runs or not.

Last edited by Sylvanfan; 11-27-2022 at 09:52 AM.
Sylvanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 10:32 PM   #125
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I like your style.

Ok then, if you're willing to dive deeper.

Im in a flex league.

RB Perine
RB Patterson
RB Harris
WR DK Metcalf
WR Deebo Samuel

Which of those 2 do I start? Samuel has such high upside, but with the offense being spread out in SFO its hard to tell what hes going to do week to week. Metcalf is okay, but very average with a low ceiling.

I was feeling good about Perine, now not so much.
sa226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 10:05 AM   #126
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa226 View Post
I like your style.

Ok then, if you're willing to dive deeper.

Im in a flex league.

RB Perine
RB Patterson
RB Harris
WR DK Metcalf
WR Deebo Samuel

Which of those 2 do I start? Samuel has such high upside, but with the offense being spread out in SFO its hard to tell what hes going to do week to week. Metcalf is okay, but very average with a low ceiling.

I was feeling good about Perine, now not so much.
Perrine might be okay if there are any points for receptions. Titans should be able to pressure Burrow so could be a lot of dump offs and he is a good pass catching back.

Deebo was on injury reports all week as questionable. So with all the other weapons in San Fran they might take his snap count down if he's less than 100%.

Metcalfe for sure, and Harris would be my second choice in that group. With Harris playing on Monday night you can see if Deebo is active and put him in if you like knowing you still can go to Harris if need be.
Old 12-04-2022, 10:32 AM   #127
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

I have a couple of tricky ones this week.

Fields or Rogers? I think the Bears should have rested Fields with a bye next week. But the Packers just gave up 150 yards to Hurts. As bad as everyone thinks Rogers is...he's 4th in TD passes and offers a pretty high floor. Especially against what is a horrible defence right now.

Gerald Everret vs Hayden Hurst. The Chiefs defence is balls, but Chase is back and I think that will cut into Hursts target share. Everret didn't do much last week against a team who always gets killed by tight ends.

If I can win this week I'll get to 8-5 which didn't seem possible after a 1-5 start. My opponent this week is 0-12...but he has a lot of favorable matchups this week that could make this close.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2022, 12:35 PM   #128
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

I made the right call and played Fields and Everret. Good thing or I would have lost to the winless team and have to fight for the playoffs this week. Instead at 8-5 I'm in no matter what but lots of byes and playing the guy who's 12-1 so that would have been stressful. Last week and only the top seed is decided and 3 of 6 spots. 5 teams at 7-6 and two others at 6-7 with two matchups pitting 7-6 teams head to head and the other 7-6 guy facing a 6-7 guy. Ou commissioner could not have set it up better.

One guy lost 112.4 to 112.3....he lost 0.3 points for Josh Allen's rushing yards at the end of the game for kneel downs. Now he's 7-6 and facing elimination if he doesn't win this week. Fantasy is why more fun when this happens to another person's team, and not your own.

Last edited by Sylvanfan; 12-07-2022 at 12:38 PM.
Sylvanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 10:37 AM   #129
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tied for first @ 10-3 (2nd by total points) and guaranteed bye in first round. (2 wins ahead of 3rd place).
Under the why fantasy is unfair, my opponent this week is 4-9 and eliminated, and opposition has scored average of over 114 points against him (standard scoring). League average is 99 points against, I have averaged 92 points against.
When I've had bad weeks, opponent has often had worse week. My turn to be on right side of the breaks, I guess.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2022, 09:02 AM   #130
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Heading into playoffs with a 7-7 record taking 6th seed

QB: Mahomes
WR: Higgins, Godwin, Aiyuk, D Moore, D Johnson
RB: Mixon, Walker, Singletary, Hunt, Perine
TE: Waller (IR), Moreau
K: Bass
DEF: Dallas

Injuries are gonna make or break this team. Really need Waller back, TEs are a joke this year but Waller has some league winning potential compared to other guys. If he’s not back, might drop Moreau if Kmet, Engram or Henry are still available after Wednesday waivers.

Not sure what’s going on with Higgins, but really nervous about last weeks BS. Need deebo to stay injured for Aiyuk or I’m toast at WR. Also really need Walker back or else I’ll have to start Singletary, the most mediocre player in fantasy
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 10:13 AM   #131
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Ended up 8-6 in my league which surprisingly was good enough to get me the 3 seed. 4th in points for and third highest points against. So had to win a lot of close games after a 1-5 start.

Have a tough matchup this week against a guy who stacked his team with Bill's players. But if I can win I avoid the juggernaut who went 13-1.
Old 12-13-2022, 10:50 AM   #132
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

One league I won 3 in a row to finish 6-8 and get the last playoff spot. Go up agains the guy who's won 11 in a row. Time to end that streak. Also won the pool last year so hopefully I can continue my win streak and put an end to his.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 12:16 PM   #133
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savardandjokinen View Post
Heading into playoffs with a 7-7 record taking 6th seed

QB: Mahomes
WR: Higgins, Godwin, Aiyuk, D Moore, D Johnson
RB: Mixon, Walker, Singletary, Hunt, Perine
TE: Waller (IR), Moreau
K: Bass
DEF: Dallas

Injuries are gonna make or break this team. Really need Waller back, TEs are a joke this year but Waller has some league winning potential compared to other guys. If he’s not back, might drop Moreau if Kmet, Engram or Henry are still available after Wednesday waivers.

Not sure what’s going on with Higgins, but really nervous about last weeks BS. Need deebo to stay injured for Aiyuk or I’m toast at WR. Also really need Walker back or else I’ll have to start Singletary, the most mediocre player in fantasy
Yeah, you're in tough at WR for sure. Especially if you did play Aiyuk last night.

I have a similar issue in that due to injury I have no WR depth and I'm in a PPR league. I have Pittman (horrible offence) Waddle, and Amon Ra St.Brown and no viable backups. The Jets are a brutal matchup as Sauce has already established himself as elite, and I don't know if I can trust Tua throwing in the cold to Waddle who's disappeared the past two weeks...especially since Tyreek will cry if he doesn't get 10 targets a game.
Old 12-16-2022, 12:40 PM   #134
Skaloper
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
Tied for first @ 10-3 (2nd by total points) and guaranteed bye in first round. (2 wins ahead of 3rd place).
Under the why fantasy is unfair, my opponent this week is 4-9 and eliminated, and opposition has scored average of over 114 points against him (standard scoring). League average is 99 points against, I have averaged 92 points against.
When I've had bad weeks, opponent has often had worse week. My turn to be on right side of the breaks, I guess.
I can agree fantasy is unfair! I ended up 4-10 but ended up having an average of 130 points against while the average not including me was 106 points against. (PPR scoring 12 team custom league)
Skaloper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Skaloper For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2022, 10:19 AM   #135
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fantasy is a tough game. In my league third place has one of the fewest PF totals and also has one the fewest PA total. Not an overly good set of players but they obviously got very lucky due to opponent weakness and bye weeks and such.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2022, 10:18 PM   #136
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

My opponent had Allen, Diggs, Davis, and Bill's D. So only Allen had a steamer of a game and I benefitted from Michael Pittman putting up the most ineffective 19 point game in fantasy history. Oddly enough he opted to sit Dawson Knox tonight.
Old 12-18-2022, 12:01 PM   #137
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Akers or Lazard for Monday night’s game? I have a flex spot. I feel like Akers is the best option but wondering if anyone thinks Lazard would have a field day.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 09:27 AM   #138
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
One league I won 3 in a row to finish 6-8 and get the last playoff spot. Go up agains the guy who's won 11 in a row. Time to end that streak. Also won the pool last year so hopefully I can continue my win streak and put an end to his.
Down 12 with Christian Watson left. Both teams put up points and would've beat every other team. Will be a good finish
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 09:41 AM   #139
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
Akers or Lazard for Monday night’s game? I have a flex spot. I feel like Akers is the best option but wondering if anyone thinks Lazard would have a field day.
What's the scoring format? If it's PPR Lazard makes it into the Conversation. If it's half point or less likely go to Akers since Christian Watson has become Green Bays touchdown vulture.
Old 12-19-2022, 09:44 AM   #140
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

I have a 2.6 point lead but have Aaron Jones left to play...would you just bench him and move on? The chances of him going out of the game on a 8 yard loss and fumble are pretty slim...but so is blowing 33 point half time leads.

Might check that there's no stat corrections at game time and bench his ass...