Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-30-2022, 07:35 AM   #2081
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Cowboys game hasn't been flexed though, it's still in place. Unless the Cowboys themselves are like 2-10, they will basically never get flexed.
Old 11-30-2022, 08:38 AM   #2082
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
As much as it hurts the NFL to remove the Cowboys from a primetime game, it's way better for the league to showcase the best teams and best games.
Putting the Colts in prime time two straight weeks is cringe worthy. Matt Ryan plays QB like I would...ball gets snapped and he's got happy feet and starts running for his life before the other team starts moving. Collapses after going 14 yards likely due to exhaustion.

It's odd that two good matchups in the Chiefs and Bengals and the 49'ers and Dolphins are at the same time and we get a turd for Sunday Night.
Old 11-30-2022, 08:40 AM   #2083
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Because the networks get to protect games from being flexed, otherwise SNF would always be the best game and you'd be pissing off your other broadcast partners. Only week 18 cannot be protected. I suppose what is odd is that CBS didn't protect Dolphins-Chargers since that looked like a potential good game for a while, although I suppose the rationale is Mahomes is the league's biggest star so if you're going to lose a game to a flex, then getting Mahomes softens the blow.
Old 11-30-2022, 10:07 AM   #2084
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Because the networks get to protect games from being flexed, otherwise SNF would always be the best game and you'd be pissing off your other broadcast partners. Only week 18 cannot be protected. I suppose what is odd is that CBS didn't protect Dolphins-Chargers since that looked like a potential good game for a while, although I suppose the rationale is Mahomes is the league's biggest star so if you're going to lose a game to a flex, then getting Mahomes softens the blow.
In terms of a Sunday afternoon game I can see why trading those games next week works. Not too hard to swap slots for the Chiefs Broncos with the Dolphins and Chargers. Biggest issue is if all the Dolphins fans need to change travel plans out of L.A. due to the later start time. I think Jets and Bill's may have been the other option that week but would have needed a bigger move to push the Chiefs and Brocos up two time slots. I doubt Fox wanted to take that for one of their good games.

But this weekend CBS has the Chiefs and Bengals with Fox carrying the SF and Miami game 20 minutes earlier. I have to think Fox would have traded that for the Cowboys game.

I guess I'm the only person who thinks the Colts are Bronco level unwatchable. At least most people will have more choice to watch the Broncos and Chiefs in week 14. As a football fan...Dolphins and Chargers is the better game.
Old 11-30-2022, 02:48 PM   #2085
accord1999
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I suppose what is odd is that CBS didn't protect Dolphins-Chargers since that looked like a potential good game for a while, although I suppose the rationale is Mahomes is the league's biggest star so if you're going to lose a game to a flex, then getting Mahomes softens the blow.
Fox has the premium Game of the Week late afternoon slot that week so it probably wasn't worth CBS protecting it.
accord1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 05:41 PM   #2086
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why does it always seem like whenever Kanye trends, AB is right behind him?

https://twitter.com/user/status/1598446377742512129
Old 12-01-2022, 06:12 PM   #2087
Mathgod
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some people just can't get out of their own way despite having all the advantages and privileges in the world...
Old 12-01-2022, 06:53 PM   #2088
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

His brain must be just like Swiss cheese at this point.
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:17 PM   #2089
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

That Patriots offense is an affront to modern football. Bill Belichick should have to forfeit all of his rings for putting Matt Patricia in charge of an offense and making us watch it.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2022, 06:52 AM   #2090
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
That Patriots offense is an affront to modern football. Bill Belichick should have to forfeit all of his rings for putting Matt Patricia in charge of an offense and making us watch it.
It's not a very high skilled offense and it seems Jones has a fairly low ceiling as a starting QB. Not sure what the plan is for that organization as it seems like Belichick is just killing time until retirement as the roster doesn't look like a contender and while he can still scheme more wins than other coaches it's not enough to overcome the lack of elite talent on offense.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 07:44 AM   #2091
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

As a Pats fan its tough watching the team after the last 20 years, but it has been a great ride!
They have some nice pieces, especially on Defence, but I wish they would just blow it up and start from scratch rather than staying on the cusp, although that isnt always the answer either. Im sure even if they did tank and got the 1st overall Bill would trade it for a couple of 2nds LOL.

I certainly dont see Mac Jones as the answer at QB, and Zappe might be just a smidge better with his mobility and arm. I think we will see a trade in the off season where Bill goes back to a veteran arm keeping the team in mediocrity for another 5 years.
I think the next few years will test Krafts desire to keep Bill and staff around or retool.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2022, 08:23 AM   #2092
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Belichick is 70 years old....have to think he is already near to calling it quits.

Im sure he also thought he could win with his existing roster but its pretty evident that is no where close to being the case, so I wonder if him leaving becomes something that occurs sooner rather than later.

Cant imagine a scenario where Kraft makes that decision for him.
Old 12-02-2022, 08:43 AM   #2093
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Yeah that was a pretty easy 14 point win for the Bill's. The talent disparity between those two teams is pretty big.

Josh Allen has one of his worst fantasy games only throwing 2 TD's, 220 yards, and running for 20. But his team wins easily. That's 2 of the last 3 where they won easily with him playing a clean game. Within the game he made a couple of spectacular plays at a couple of key moments. But avoided those errors that keep the other team in the game. If he gers that balance right, this Bill's team is very talented at all levels and will be hard to beat.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2022, 08:56 AM   #2094
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought it was bizarre that Belichick wasn't even trying to win at the end. He didn't use any of his timeouts, he punted down three scores on 4th and 8 from midfield. He clearly has zero confidence in his team's offence but why not even try? What's the downside?
Sidney Crosby's Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sidney Crosby's Hat For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2022, 10:15 AM   #2095
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I suspect Belichick wants to keep going until he breaks Shula's record. Only needs five more seasons of seven wins and he's there. I expect they'll be in the QB market, ironically could see them go back for Brissett who actually looked like a solid starter this year. Probably just below the Cousins tier, but better than Mac Jones.
Old 12-04-2022, 11:27 AM   #2096
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Giants have the Colts left so they probably won't lose out, but from 7-2 to a losing record seems inevitable now.
Old 12-04-2022, 11:38 AM   #2097
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I suspect Belichick wants to keep going until he breaks Shula's record. Only needs five more seasons of seven wins and he's there. I expect they'll be in the QB market, ironically could see them go back for Brissett who actually looked like a solid starter this year. Probably just below the Cousins tier, but better than Mac Jones.
Lots of QB in this years draft, but cant imagine Bill would go for drafting a 1st round QB again
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 12:32 PM   #2098
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

That looked ugly for Lawrence, probably season done for him.
Old 12-04-2022, 12:36 PM   #2099
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That looked ugly for Lawrence, probably season done for him.
Walked off on his own power. Hopefully not too bad.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 12:37 PM   #2100
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Broncos killed Lamar and now the Ravens are in a dogfight with them. This should have been a cakewalk for Baltimore. Huntley should cook in the second half
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football , gambling , red zone