Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2021, 09:33 PM   #241
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgers Nose View Post
So, other than saying he looks like a dork what’s the complaint with OToole?
From what I've seen of him during the campaign, he's not so bad. Except when he said the provinces should have more power. Since I live in UCP-land, that scares me. They are doing enough damage with the power they have.

Also, I think his tax credit versus $10 a day daycare is the wrong way to go and does the least for the people who need it most. If you can afford to pay the fees and wait for a tax credit, you don't desperately need safe and affordable childcare.

But mainly, I won't vote CPC as long as the party is full of others who are social conservatives. Money doesn't matter to me, if you are fine with people being subjected to conversion therapy or think old, white men should be deciding whether or not someone must carry a pregnancy to term.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Amethyst For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2021, 09:39 PM   #242
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
From what I've seen of him during the campaign, he's not so bad. Except when he said the provinces should have more power. Since I live in UCP-land, that scares me. They are doing enough damage with the power they have.

Also, I think his tax credit versus $10 a day daycare is the wrong way to go and does the least for the people who need it most. If you can afford to pay the fees and wait for a tax credit, you don't desperately need safe and affordable childcare.

But mainly, I won't vote CPC as long as the party is full of others who are social conservatives. Money doesn't matter to me, if you are fine with people being subjected to conversion therapy or think old, white men should be deciding whether or not someone must carry a pregnancy to term.
There are weirdos everywhere. There are people protesting at Hospitals.

I think the $10/day Day Care is a wonderful idea. Its going to cost a fortune. Thats fine, I guess the Government will just print the money, but either way by the time it actually works your kids wont need it.

But you are right. Money doesnt matter. So long as we can still afford the cost of ink.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2021, 09:41 PM   #243
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I'd love to know the mental gymnastics that would make this statement true.
You realize that all happened BEFORE the 2019 election, right?

The alleged gymnastics aren't that complicated.
Old 09-13-2021, 09:43 PM   #244
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
You realize that all happened BEFORE the 2019 election, right?

The alleged gymnastics aren't that complicated.
So all is forgiven?

Tell me your address and your credit card number and someone will come and rob you.

They may promise to give the money to some Quebecers. Its not me so I cant be certain.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 09-13-2021, 09:46 PM   #245
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't say that, but using something that passed the test in a previous election as rationale for not voting Liberal is thin logic at best.

As I mentioned earlier I am not a Trudeau supporter and have never voted for him.
Old 09-13-2021, 09:48 PM   #246
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I didn't say that, but using something that passed the test in a previous election as rationale for not voting Liberal is thin logic at best.

As I mentioned earlier I am not a Trudeau supporter and have never voted for him.
What test? The Ethics Commissioner said that he was blatantly guilty. And that wasnt even his first offence!

Old 09-13-2021, 09:50 PM   #247
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

The election.

Now you are being obtuse.

GG, well played.
Old 09-13-2021, 09:51 PM   #248
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Im either going to go in and spoil my ballot by voting for all of them or leave it blank. They all suck.
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:51 PM   #249
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The election.

Now you are being obtuse.

GG, well played.
Cool. So you're fine with being used as a tool and being robbed.

But he likes women and dressing as an Indian. Whooo....

Old 09-13-2021, 09:59 PM   #250
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorfever View Post
Holy crap.

I have never witnessed a thread go down the tubes as fast as this

It’s like a cartoon. Loonie tunes
What does this mean? Seems pretty civil to me.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2021, 12:45 AM   #251
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
There are weirdos everywhere. There are people protesting at Hospitals.

I think the $10/day Day Care is a wonderful idea. Its going to cost a fortune. Thats fine, I guess the Government will just print the money, but either way by the time it actually works your kids wont need it.

But you are right. Money doesnt matter. So long as we can still afford the cost of ink.

You seem angry. Do you have actual, tangible, realistic fears of something horrible happening in the future if we have $10/day child care? What are you getting worked up over? Do the CP doomsayers have some special insight or are people just angry because they missed out on some of the benefits that people have now? I don’t have kids in child care anymore, and $10 child care would have been awesome, but I am not all grumpy about missing out. Do you think do our lives will turn to crap if we pay more taxes? God forbid we end up like Europe!
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2021, 07:30 AM   #252
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

It sounds like a couple people have already indicated that they voted and their polling location was at a school. I thought that Calgary schools were not going to serve as polling locations because of Covid risk and the schools didn't want hundreds of people coming in.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2021, 08:53 AM   #253
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Nm wt

Last edited by 81MC; 09-14-2021 at 08:56 AM.
81MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:53 AM   #254
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
It sounds like a couple people have already indicated that they voted and their polling location was at a school. I thought that Calgary schools were not going to serve as polling locations because of Covid risk and the schools didn't want hundreds of people coming in.
Where I went, we had to walk directly into the gym from outside, and were in no other rooms of the school. They likely had it completely “sealed off” from the rest of the school.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:02 AM   #255
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:

… what? What if someone voted against him in 2019 for those reasons? They are no longer valid because he won? How does this make sense in your head?
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2021, 12:13 PM   #256
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
Where I went, we had to walk directly into the gym from outside, and were in no other rooms of the school. They likely had it completely “sealed off” from the rest of the school.
I'm actually surprised they haven't had that in place earlier. Nothing to do with Covid, but I just always found it odd that you had all these visitors traipsing around the halls of the schools in general.

I wouldn't say that I found that concerning at all, but it's weird because on "normal" days they keep a pretty tight leash on visitors.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 12:18 PM   #257
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

In our area, it has always been walking directly into the gym from the outside when it is at a school - not through school hallways or anything.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 12:19 PM   #258
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Question regarding $10/Day childcare.
Is it proposed for everyone, or would you not qualify if you're over a certain income?

I don't have kids yet so haven't followed it closely.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:11 PM   #259
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
Question regarding $10/Day childcare.
Is it proposed for everyone, or would you not qualify if you're over a certain income?

I don't have kids yet so haven't followed it closely.
No idea, as I haven't looked into it either. I have no need for it personally. I just think it's a good thing for our country to have. It's not so much the exact $10 a day program that's proposed that I'm in favour of. I'm in favour of low upfront daycare costs, rather than a tax credit that you don't see until a year later.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:29 PM   #260
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

I voted NDP this year. I'm in Hedy Fry's riding in Van - and she seems to be the definition of a politician staying way past their best before date. The Conservative candidate is a 24 year old helicopter salesman (for real!), and the NDP candidate seems like a very good person with a chance to dethrone a twenty year incumbent.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote