Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2018, 01:16 PM   #541
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Sadly with this show wrapping up next week in Canada but tonight everywhere else, including my computer screen (I'll find a way to maybe post a spoiler free thoughts thingy tonight)

We should play a game, post your guesses

1) Do the Rebels succeed against the Empire?

2) Is there a big death at the end of this? Who or whom dies?

3) Do we see Ashoka again?

4) Do we see Vader?

5) Do we see Palpatine?

6) What is the fate of the Jedi?

7) What is the fate of Thrawn and Pryce?

8) Is there a twist or surprise? What is it?)

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 01:21 PM   #542
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

No, ultimately the Rebels lose, but the rest of the Rebellion becomes motivated.

Yes there are two 1) Either Sabine or Zeb, 2 Ashoka Tano

Yes long enough to get closure against Vader.

4) Do we see Vader?

Yes, after Thrawn's attack fails we will see his Star Destroyer enter the battle and Vader puts his boots on the ground

5) Do we see Palpatine?

Yes but not in person.

Ashoka dies, Ezra ends up on Mortis

Thrawn fires Pryce out an airlock. Thrawn's attack fails and Vader is forced to step in, Palpatine banishes Thrawn.

Yes, we flash forward to the end of Rotj and the end of the civil war.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2018, 04:16 PM   #543
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Regulator75 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2018, 06:06 PM   #544
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damage yes, success, not really.

Agent Kallus, Pryce, Zeb and possibly Sabine (not likely though).

No, not until Dave's next show.

4) Do we see Vader?
Yes, hopefully shredding some rebel scum.

5) Do we see Palpatine?
Yes

Ezra lives, Ahsoka isn't seen, so her fate is up in the air. No way Filoni lets her die (again).

Palpatine sends Vader to hunt down Thrawn, Thrawn escapes and flees to the Unknown Regions.
Hera kills Pryce, after learning it was her who killed Kanan.

The Falcon and it's crew make a cameo?

More photos on Flickr
Old 03-05-2018, 06:37 PM   #545
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

K I'm all screwed up, why does it show wolves and a door and a world between worlds as airing on feb 26th? And my pvr isn't taping them even though the series is set to record. These episodes haven't aired have they? I watched dume and Jedi night last week.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:20 PM   #546
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
K I'm all screwed up, why does it show wolves and a door and a world between worlds as airing on feb 26th? And my pvr isn't taping them even though the series is set to record. These episodes haven't aired have they? I watched dume and Jedi night last week.
My system just recorded them at 7 and 7:30 tonight.

FYI They are replaying at 10 and 10:30 tonight on Disney XD

Old 03-05-2018, 09:23 PM   #547
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I just watched the two finale episodes of Rebels, and while I think I'll leave a true review and summary until next Monday night I will say this.

Don't worry there are no spoilers.

Spoiler!

The way they summed it up was very emotional, and you can't help but smell the peeled onions.

Well done Rebels, you were a great series that got better and better and better and the writing got stronger and stronger, and you really nailed it with a lot of additions to the Force Lore.

This series makes me excited for what comes next.

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 03-05-2018 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:23 PM   #548
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Yup pretty great series finale, both unexpected and as I should have expected.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:31 AM   #549
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Disney XD somehow screwed up the scheduling in Canada so we're a week behind. Unfortunately, the data sent to the PVRs show these episodes with their original air dates in the States, so if your PVR is set to just record first-run episodes, it may skip recording these.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:25 AM   #550
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Ahh k makes sense thanks. Watched last nights episodes both were great. Looking forward to the finale.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:40 AM   #551
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Hints about what's next

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2018, 02:35 PM   #552
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Sooooo . . . because this show is wrapped up, and I don't want to do any spoilering of the final three episodes. One of the things that you can traditionally do is look back on the episodes that you really enjoy

So here are what I think are the best episodes

Season 1

ep 1+ 2 Spark of Rebellion - I think you have to put this here because it establishes so many things right off of the start. The crew and their altruistic goals. Ezra and his abandonment. The relationship between Zeb and Ezra that has to be established. Oh and that Kanan is a fricken Jedi. Go back and really listen to this episode, the music is spectacular.

Ep 5 - Rise of the Old Masters - Remember when Akbar screams its a trap. While the Empire goes over the top gruesome in using the corpse of Master Luminara as a trap to capture Jedi. We meet the Grand Inquisitor who's frankly awesomely done. We learn that Ezra isn't the only one who's fearful as Kanan fears that he can't train Ezra

Ep 10 - Path of the Jedi - We see the Jedi temple on Lothal for the first time, and after seeing the wrap of of the season, the purpose of the temple was sitting in front of us all the time, and we were exposed to it in little bites. We get the return of Yoda, and get the why we fight logic and why we don't fight.

Ep 15 - Fire Across the galaxy - Season finale, with a lot going on. We finally have an episode where every member of the crew has something to do. We finally see Kanan go full force Jedi and he defeats the Inquisitor who's final words are "There are some things worse then death". We find out that Fulcrum is Ashoka Tano, and I love her entrance. Oh and Vader enters the series.

Season 2

Ep 1+2 the Seige of Lothal. This was the Vader centric episode, and a lot happened in it. We see Kanan's uncertainty that he wants to stay with the Rebellion, the defection and death of an imperial Minister. Vader pretty much toys with Kanan and Ezra. Then he pretty much single handedly destroys a rebel fleet and comes back into contact with his old Student. This was angry I'm not conflicted I don't give a crap Vader and we all wanted to see it.

Episode 11 - Legacy - This was a huge episode because it answered the question about the fate of Ezra parents, and he became one with his new family on the ghost. This was a good emotional episode.

Episode 15 - The call - This episode was important because it showed how powerful Ezra was with his force skill in terms of working with Animals. This was also a really pretty epsiode animation wise. The Purgills or giant space whales looked great. It was a goofy episode but crucial

Episode 17 - The honorable ones - This was a Zeb specific episode where Qeb and Kallus get marooned on a world together and have to get past their hatred and mistrust for each other. The ending is the key, where Zeb returns to his family, and Kallus returns to nothing and you can see him questioning everything

Episode 18 - Shroud of Darkness - This episode was all about baggage. They return to the temple on Lothal, and again we are fed something that we won't see until the end, but Kanan has to face the Jedi Guardian who was formerly the Inquisitor who informs him that Ezra is a threat and has to die. In the end though Kanan is finally granted the right of Jedi Master. Ashoka confronts her guilt over leaving Anakin and he belief that she caused his fall. She also gets a nice bit of closure with Yoda. Ezra has another conversation with Yoda and learns that the will to fight is what caused the downfall of the Jedi. In the end the Empire seizes the Temple.

episode 21-22 - This was a beautiful episode in that we see Kanan struggling with his apprentice, Ezra flirting with the dark side and his anger. Ashoka meeting Maul again. We also saw the end of the inquisitors as they were completely wiped out. Vader returned and we got the long awaited confrontation between Ashoka and Vader. Ashoka swears that she won't leave her master this time, and for a second she breaks through to her old master, but again we see that at this point, Vader is still firmly hitched to the Darkside. We also get the line of the series when she declares that "She's no Jedi"

In the end, we have a lot to discuss. Is Ashoka dead, is Ezra going to fall to the dark side.

Season 3 and 4 to be posted later.

Old 03-06-2018, 03:09 PM   #553
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I couldn't help myself so I streamed the finale, great ending. Lots of questions though!
Old 03-06-2018, 03:37 PM   #554
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its funny, because I maybe came out of it with one or two questions

Spoiler!

Old 03-06-2018, 07:53 PM   #555
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally watched the final episodes.

What a ride, I'll miss the show.

More photos on Flickr
Old 03-06-2018, 07:54 PM   #556
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

More photos on Flickr
Old 03-06-2018, 08:52 PM   #557
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

More favorites

Season 3 - Steps into shadow part 1 and 2 - They teased us with Ezra going to the dark. It also introduced two main characters in the Bendu and physical rendition of the Force and Thrawn.

Ep 3 - The holocron's of fate. We got to see even more of Ezra sliding towards the dark, and we saw that Maul was after something major and so was Ezra.

Ep 15 - Trials of the darksabre. A great Sabine episode as she learns how to use the Darksabre. This episode is very deep and a bit sad as we finally learn that Sabine was abandoned by her family in favor of the Empire and she's been dealing with that ever since.

Season 17 - Through Imperial Eyes - This was an incredibly well done episode and it was told through the eyes of Agent Kallus and you almost see Ezra as an Antagonist. We also learn that since the meeting between Zeb and Kallus that Kallus had become the new Fulcrum.

Episode 20 - Twin Suns An awesome fight between Kenobi and Maul that was so well done that I watched it again over and over, and it ends Maul in the most emotionally deep impact possible. The ending was awesome as we see a New Hope in young Luke running home.

Episodes 21 and 22 - Zero hour. we finally see the awesome Admiral Thrawn who had been basically waiting and watching since he arrived on the show and he devestated the Rebel alliance. The only thing that saved the Rebels as Bendu, but he didn't help them either. The episode ends with a confrontation between Thrawn and Bendu.

This quote is key when Thrawn encounters the Bendu

Quote:
Bendu: I see your defeat...like many arms surrounding you in a cold embrace.[Thrawn, visibly unnerved, shoots him, only for the Bendu to disappear, laughing.]
Season 4

Episode 3 and 4 - In the name of the Rebellion. We get a whole story arc with Saw and deliberately compares the violent partisans and Hera's more careful rebels.

Episode 7 the Kindred - This episode introduces the Loth Wolves and we start moving into the more metaphysical side of the story as we start to learn that Kanan's fate is coming to a head.

Episode 9 Rebel Assault - This was a fantastically illustrated episode where we finally see some real X-Wing conflict and we see why the Tie Defenders are such a threat. The scene with X-Wings on fire plummeting to the ground was powerful. Hera's attempt to escape and inevitable capture leads to the culmination of Kanan's story.

Episode 10 - Jedi Knight - An incredible and shocking death of a crew member. An amazing sacrifice and the reveal of Kanan gaining his vision back. The low point of the Rebellion.

Episode 11 and 12 Wolves at the Door and World between Worlds - We finally see the entire Jedi Temple and now you can look back at the older episodes and say "Why didn't I see that". They really pulled out all the stops with Malcolm McDowell and the awesome Ian McDairmid making appearances. The return of Ashoka was awesome as well. Ezra faces the same argument as Anakin but resists it. Ezra really becomes a Jedi in this episodes. Go back and watch the video with the various voices ranging from the far past to the distant future and you can't help but be moved.

Episode 13 and 14 - To be described next week, but what a way to end a great series.

Old 03-12-2018, 09:51 PM   #558
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Well its the end, and its kind of sad to be writing a final review of the final two episodes of Star Wars Rebels after watching the final two episodes "A fools hope" and "Family Reunion and Farewell"

I've loved this show over the final 3 years after it started as a bit of a light fluffy kids show, but it really came into its own, while it was nowhere near as dark as The Clone Wars, they still managed to address the desperation of the Rebels and the loss of a key team mate.

I loved the fact these episodes managed to sum up every aspect of the series as well as some key aspects of The Clone Wars.

The first episode "A Fools hope" is all about getting the family back together, I was glad to see the return of not only Wolfe and Gregor two familiar faces from earlier in the series but also the Clone Wars. But they also bought back Hondo to close off his character in a great way, Keatsu and others.

In this episode it was all about a major misdirection as the Rebels suckered Governor Pryce into an ambush by having Ryder fake his defection from the Rebels. We got a great action scene with the Wolves routing the Imperials and taking Pryce Hostage so that they could get the Imperials into the dome so they could launch it into space.

This whole episode was a bit of a misdirection as the main battle was yet to come into play with the return of Thrawn, which happened in the final episode.

Ezra has really become a Jedi in this episode as he had a plan inside of a plan, when Thrawn returned and threatened to destroy the city, he snuck out and surrendered to Thrawn. That whole scene was really well done with Sabine understanding that Ezra had to sacrifice himself, so she distracted Hera who was still bruised from the loss of Kanan and didn't want to lose another team members.

Ezra sacrificed himself knowing that no matter what Thrawn was going to destroy the city, but he gave his team enough time to get a planetary shield up.

Ezra meanwhile was taken to see the Emperor and I loved this scene as we saw the cagey devious Palpatine that we saw in the Clone Wars, not the somewhat lazy and complacent Emperor from ROTJ. It was clear that the Emperor voiced by Ian McDarmid's only interest was taking Ezra all the way out of the game and he pulled out all the stops.

He showed up in a hologram as the kindly grandfatherly looking Palpatine instead of the scarred evil Sidious. He put Ezra parents in from of Ezra and gave him the choice of saving his parents or saving his friends reflecting Palpatine's seduction of Anakin.

You see this is the powerful seductive lure of the Darkside, if you accept it at face value, it will give you whatever you want.

It was a well done scene and even better when Ezra resisted the temptation and destroyed the Temple entrance. Then we finally saw what the Imperial Guard could do as they resisted a Jedi Force push and we finally saw what Force Pikes could do, but Ezra used a Force Unleashed power up and crushed the Troopers.

Meanwhile in the dome the Rebels desperately fought for control of the shield generator. In that battle they lost Gregor and the Empire lost their favorite assassin.

This is where they finally summed up the Clone Wars nicely as Gregor died after remarking that it was good to fight for something that they chose to fight for. In The Clone Wars it was clear that the Clone Troopers were enslaved both by chips in their heads and by their indoctrination to obey their orders blindly. In the end Gregor died for what he believed in and the Clones got some redemption.

With the Shield up, Ezra encountered Thrawn in the bridge.

What was exceptional about this series was that in the end it was clear that there weren't many episodes that had something key.

When Thrawn encountered the Bendu, the Bendu predicted exactly how Thrawn was going to fall. When they had the weird episode with the Space Whales, it wasn't filler as Ezra used his affinity with the Force to bring the Whales back.

In the end Ezra stayed with Thrawn as the Whales seized the Star Destroyer with Thrawn, and in a sad moment he bid his family farewell and went to Hyperspace.

With the empire defeated the Rebels prepared for a battle that never came as the Empire's focus shifted to the Rebels and the threat of Luke Skywalker.

The series fast forwarded to after the battle of Endor and we see Sabine in the same position in the same tower as the series started in with Ezra. We learned that Kallus and Zeb returned to the Lasat home planet and Kallus learned that he didn't kill all the Lasat and was accepted.

We learned that Rex was indeed the white bearded rebel in Jedi. We learned that Sabine had fulfilled her promise to Ezra by being Lothal's defender. Meanwhile we learned that Kanan and Hera had been doing more then kissing and it had produced a son Jacen.

The final scene showed the return of Ashoka who looked awesome in white. Remember in the temple episode when Ezra told her to come find him when the time was right. Well clearly the time was right as Sabine and Ashoka left to bring Ezra home.

Appearance wise this episode was again really well done. Filoni didn't miss any details as he closed off all of the major character stories and even some minor character stories.

We finally saw that Hondo did have some nobility.
Zeb and Kallus put their pasts behind them
The Clones finally got the fight they wanted and the victory they needed.
Pryce went out somewhat like a boss, she found her courage in the end as she refused rescue and stared death in the face.

When the Clone Wars ended, we knew what was coming as a new series. We are now left with a lot of speculation.

There's clearly a great story about Ashoka and Sabine on a quest to find Ezra.

But now the theories can start.

Ezra in the unknown region with Thrawn, is there a possible link to the First Order to be discovered. (BTW this ending certainly stirred up the Ezra is Snoke theory again).

Is Jacen force sensitive, is there a link to Luke's Jedi academy.

What ever became of Thrawn?

I'm sad to see the series end, in a lot of ways, I think story telling wise and character wise it in some ways surpasses TFA and TLJ, but maybe that's just me.

Palpatine with the rolling tongue Rebel friends. So awesome.

Dave Filoni is a Star Wars god.

The end.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 03-12-2018 at 09:53 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2018, 08:46 AM   #559
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Old 03-13-2018, 09:24 AM   #560
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

so now how do you rank the TV and movies?

1) Empire Strikes back - Probably the best because of the direction and dialogue and pure story line

2) A New Hope - Just because it broke the mold

3) ROTS - I don't care, I really liked the story here

4) I tied Rebels and TCW, but really what puts Revels on top of TCW is that they got to do the end to end story, something that they really didn't get to do with the Clones

4) The Clone Wars - Just because it did a outstanding job of filling in the fall of the republic and the rise of the Empire

5) ROTJ - They over kiddified it, is that a word. They had strong stories and some really good performances, but the Ewoks really made a lot of the movie silly

6) Attack of the Clones - On the plus side, I loved the story happening in the background with two Sith Lords basically playing chess. But the lack of chemistry between Hayden and Natalie really made this film lurch. I loved the concept of what the Clone war was, but the movie was really over CGI'd

7) The Phantom Menace - Someday I'll write down how I think that the time line should have worked. The choice of having Anakin as a 10 year old really hurt the storyline as well as the same thing that hurt Jedi, they over kiddified it with fart and poop jokes. Ian was awesome though, the cast was solid and Ewan was made to be Kenobi.