Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2018, 07:44 AM   #1861
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Hopefully she's no longer going to talk in caveman lingo.
She stopped that right after her people were killed. Even explained why she did it.

Another good episode, but did I miss something or did they run low on stunt budget and not show Rick smashing into Neagan and flipping his car?

That would have been a good stunt.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speede5 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2018, 08:27 AM   #1862
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default The Walking Dead TV show only thread- Part II ***See spoiler rules in first post***

Quote:
Originally Posted by speede5 View Post
She stopped that right after her people were killed. Even explained why she did it.

Another good episode, but did I miss something or did they run low on stunt budget and not show Rick smashing into Neagan and flipping his car?

That would have been a good stunt.

Thought it was a good episode as well. Not sure if Negan and Simon will both make it out alive this season. It would be a shame to lose them, but it seems to be building up to some kind of breakdown.

I think showing the car getting flipped would have been funny if anything like their previous experiments with physics and cars. It would lead to way too much nitpicking by people.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:44 AM   #1863
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speede5 View Post
I either missed or can't remember that explanation. What was it?

Just noticed that Steven Ogg is from Calgary.

Last edited by MoneyGuy; 03-19-2018 at 08:51 AM.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:57 AM   #1864
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Thought it was a good episode as well. Not sure if Negan and Simon will both make it out alive this season. It would be a shame to lose them, but it seems to be building up to some kind of breakdown.

I think showing the car getting flipped would have been funny if anything like their previous experiments with physics and cars. It would lead to way too much nitpicking by people.
I think Simon will be the one biting the dust. Negan just found out Simon cleared out a bunch of commodity in his shtick. Something like that wouldn't fly IMO in Negan's camp. Either Simon gets the bat or the iron to the face.

Its interesting to see though. Dwight and Simon are making power moves behind Negan's back. I wonder if he catches onto it and shuts that down or if he'll be eliminated and the more ruthless Simon takes over the Saviors.

Last edited by Otto-matic; 03-19-2018 at 09:08 AM.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:08 AM   #1865
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
What is Jadis doing with him? Trading, keeping prisoner, torturing him for the garbage people? Hopefully she's no longer going to talk in caveman lingo.
I think Negan probably went to find her after he got away to verify what rick told him. Seems a little bit too random for her to have just magically shown up, mind you this is TWD
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:37 AM   #1866
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I either missed or can't remember that explanation. What was it?

Part of creating a new life/world separate and distinct from the old one.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:38 AM   #1867
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

There has got to be more to that blonde woman and her two twits.

I feel like we will find out she is part of a large community, I ain't buying what she is selling.

Quote:
Old 03-19-2018, 10:40 AM   #1868
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I bet she is Neagan's mom.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:51 AM   #1869
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah not sure what to take from Mrs.Doubtfire.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2018, 05:23 PM   #1870
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't know if anyone else noticed it but they revealed their "nude" zombie last night. It was walking in the background when Simon and Dwight blew up Negan's car.

NSFW!
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:56 AM   #1871
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's interesting to read people's wildly meandering opinions - one episode is terrible and they need to cancel the show, the next is amazing and if only every episode was like that it could keep going forever. Frankly, I liked that episode and found it entertaining, as I do most episodes. I'm pretty damned interested to see how things play out with Simon, Dwight and Negan as to the future of the Saviors. But there's also some awkward stuff - Catherine Durant from House of Cards is still politicking post-apocalypse it seems, and that seems as weird and forced as the garbage people.

Basically it's not at all clear to me what people like and don't like about the show.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2018, 08:56 PM   #1872
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
It's interesting to read people's wildly meandering opinions - one episode is terrible and they need to cancel the show, the next is amazing and if only every episode was like that it could keep going forever. Frankly, I liked that episode and found it entertaining, as I do most episodes. I'm pretty damned interested to see how things play out with Simon, Dwight and Negan as to the future of the Saviors. But there's also some awkward stuff - Catherine Durant from House of Cards is still politicking post-apocalypse it seems, and that seems as weird and forced as the garbage people.

Basically it's not at all clear to me what people like and don't like about the show.
For me, it's just that most of the episodes lately have been drab, boring, monotonous and a chore to watch. The plot wasn't advancing and I didn't care about any of the characters. The previous episode finally started to show some life, and this episode was finally fun to watch again. I've never been one to complain about the flaws, but they are much more prevalent when they don't give you a reason to care about what you are watching.

And they finally brought some hope for being able to live life again. It's tough to care about anything when you think they'd all be better off dead.

Last edited by nfotiu; 03-20-2018 at 08:58 PM.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:19 PM   #1873
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post

What they like: Simon
What they don't like: Not enough Simon.
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2018, 10:49 PM   #1874
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

I really liked Georgie. It's been a while since they've introduced a character I actually want to learn more about. The show has some a good job of purging bad characters, although that involved giving many unwanted screen time.

I also like Jadis a lot more as a normal talking rogue. The show is definitely moving in a positive direction
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:52 PM   #1875
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

After this week's episode, I don't think Simon will be surviving the season. Either him or Negan, but I don't think it will be Negan.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:19 AM   #1876
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
After this week's episode, I don't think Simon will be surviving the season. Either him or Negan, but I don't think it will be Negan.
I think this facilitates the "turning" of Negan.

I could see him seeing how over the top, scorched earth Simon is and aliening himself with Rick to stop Simon. I think the show has done a good job of showing that Negan does have a "human side".

Quote:
Old 03-21-2018, 10:01 AM   #1877
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post

I could see him seeing how over the top, scorched earth Simon is and aliening himself with Rick to stop Simon. I think the show has done a good job of showing that Negan does have a "human side".
I think there is too much bad blood between Negan and Rick for that to happen. Even if he wanted to, I don't think he could justify working with Negan to Daryl, Maggie, Rosita, or Tara.

Now that I think about it, I never really understood why the Saviors just didn't take over Alexandria completely. It looks a whole lot better than their compound. I am kind of surprised they just didn't move in.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2018, 10:16 AM   #1878
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I think there is too much bad blood between Negan and Rick for that to happen. Even if he wanted to, I don't think he could justify working with Negan to Daryl, Maggie, Rosita, or Tara.

Now that I think about it, I never really understood why the Saviors just didn't take over Alexandria completely. It looks a whole lot better than their compound. I am kind of surprised they just didn't move in.
The setup of the Saviours compound was key to their power structure. They had the workers in a structured compound that could be overlooked by the soldiers. The soldiers were given private rooms but couldn't really talk among each other without people noticing. If everyone had their own houses, it would be far more difficult to maintain order. Alexandria was set up in a different way to illustrate the difference in governing styles.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:35 AM   #1879
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post

After their latest battle, I got the impression that Negan now thinks of Rick as this loose cannon psychopath. At one point he said to Rick "you're crazy, you're gonna kill us both", or something to that effect. He might actually be somewhat afraid of Rick at this point, so I highly doubt he'd ever align with him.

My guess is he partners up with Jadis to find a way to take down Rick and Hilltop.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:40 AM   #1880
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

More likely Negan teams up with Jadis to take out Simon if he can convince her it wasn't his idea to wipe them out.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: