Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2017, 07:37 AM   #1761
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sorry my post about the theory of Carl having some sort of gene is NOT a spoiler (that I'm aware of)
It was literally my wifes first thought when we saw he was bit, and she's never read the comics at all. Just hard to believe they would kill him off so casually, a big character like that you'd expect something more dramatic, but who knows. I took his dad coming out in real life angry as a sign that he may be done...
Royle9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 12:57 AM   #1762
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

It would be great if it was all planned as a big deke. That Carl was immune and became this valuable asset. Definitely can't have him out in the woods on his own anymore. His real life dad tweeting to confuse viewers. In the day of information, all forms of medium become of interest and can contribute to the surprise.

This series has been so hit or miss. Some great episodes through the days and so many bad ones. Wish they would decide to hit it out of the ball park with some finality and exciting moments.

Also, I don't think you posted a spoiler because nothing has actually happened in the tv show.
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 11:18 PM   #1763
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

I don't think Neagan thinks he is in any way a good guy.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 04:08 AM   #1764
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

This series needs to die, the only thing that keeps my interest now days is when and how Neagan meets his end, otherwise I'm extremely bored.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 01:15 PM   #1765
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
This series needs to die, the only thing that keeps my interest now days is when and how Neagan meets his end, otherwise I'm extremely bored.
You know you can stop watching?
Why does a series need to die that clearly many people enjoy? Ratings are down but it is a massive hit still.
Just stop watching.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2017, 01:33 PM   #1766
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM View Post
Why does a series need to die that clearly many people enjoy? Ratings are down but it is a massive hit still.
Just stop watching.
As a fan of this show I am more than ready for it to end as early as next season. I get that some may be enjoying the show and not nearly as critical as I am, but I don't want it to hold on so long that it becomes absurd and fizzles out with a terrible ending. We are already seeing signs of that.

The "Jumped the Shark" thread is a great example of many shows that hung on too long because they were still mildly popular or wanted to continuously milk the cash cow. The really great shows end on a high note and never jump the proverbial shark.

I've been with it from the beginning, and my hope has always been that it can end as well as it started. That hope is probably mostly dashed at this point, but IMO they need to wrap it up sooner than later and salvage some semblance of a decent finale.

Don't get me wrong, there are still aspects of TWD that I like, and I know I can simply quit watching whenever I like. However, watching has become more a chore than enjoyment, but after all this time I need to see the final chapter.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2017, 06:12 PM   #1767
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

There's little chance they end TWD as long as it's by far their highest rated show. This show is going to be stretched as far as they continue to get good viewership. The viewers they have been losing this season won't be back and expect a constant decline to the end so they probably have another couple seasons until ratings plummet to the point they end or cancel it.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 12:52 PM   #1768
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
There's little chance they end TWD as long as it's by far their highest rated show. This show is going to be stretched as far as they continue to get good viewership. The viewers they have been losing this season won't be back and expect a constant decline to the end so they probably have another couple seasons until ratings plummet to the point they end or cancel it.
I remember reading a few years back that they have 12 seasons worth of material and planned story arc.

So....buckle up I guess.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 01:00 PM   #1769
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I remember reading a few years back that they have 12 seasons worth of material and planned story arc.

So....buckle up I guess.
Well, I sure hope they get better at translating that material to the screen.

I am huge fan of this show and have been a staunch defender of it in the past, but the quality of story telling this season has been abysmal.

It's like someone earlier in the thread said, it's almost like they changed all the writers or something, because to me it's been a very noticeable drop off.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:04 PM   #1770
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hire Vince Gilligan.

Problem solved.
Cali Panthers Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:10 PM   #1771
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Just stop watching.
Maybe the poster didn’t use the right words, but as a fan of the show I’d like to see it start winding up too. It is starting to meander and the writing has totally lost focus.

TV dramas can’t last forever and are usually better served having a vision of where they’re going IMO.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2017, 09:45 AM   #1772
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Maybe the poster didn’t use the right words, but as a fan of the show I’d like to see it start winding up too. It is starting to meander and the writing has totally lost focus.

TV dramas can’t last forever and are usually better served having a vision of where they’re going IMO.
Wasn't Lost supposed to have a finite arc as well.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:51 AM   #1773
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

This doesn't, though, because it's based on a comic series that is still ongoing. As such it has a series of non-finite arcs. So it could just end the series at the end of one of those arcs, and maybe that'll happen, but personally I can predict that I'll just want to see how they do the next one.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 03:01 AM   #1774
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Just stop watching.
If only it was that simple, I've watched from the beginning when the writers kept us guessing and the characters were actually scared of the walkers.

After 8 years now I just watch to make sure I don't miss the end which I hope comes soon.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2017, 01:59 PM   #1775
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
After 8 years now I just watch to make sure I don't miss the end which I hope comes soon.
I’m sure the series finale will be advertised well in advance.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:50 PM   #1776
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
I’m sure the series finale will be advertised well in advance.
If they follow the AMC standard, we'll know a good two years in advance.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:59 AM   #1777
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bit of a shake-up. Angela Kang is now the Showrunner, with Scott Gimple moving to Chief Content Officer.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/walk...-9-1202624753/

Quote:
Series showrunner Scott Gimple is being elevated to the newly created role of chief content officer, overseeing the entire “Walking Dead” television universe, including “The Walking Dead,” “Fear the Walking Dead,” and potential brand extensions on a variety of platforms. Angela Kang, who has been a writer on the show since 2011 and co-executive producer since 2013, is being promoted by Gimple to executive producer and showrunner of “The Walking Dead,” starting with Season 9.

In addition, AMC also announced that the show has officially been renewed for a ninth season, to debut in late 2018.
The final half of season 8 has already been shot, so we won't see what kind of impact this will have on the rest of the series. I would guess very little if Gimple is now essentially supreme overlord of the Walking Dead universe.

This also tells me that AMC anticipates a handful more seasons for the series, and that they are looking at more than just FTWD as spinoffs of the franchise.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:06 PM   #1778
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Bit of a shake-up. Angela Kang is now the Showrunner, with Scott Gimple moving to Chief Content Officer.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/walk...-9-1202624753/

The final half of season 8 has already been shot, so we won't see what kind of impact this will have on the rest of the series. I would guess very little if Gimple is now essentially supreme overlord of the Walking Dead universe.

This also tells me that AMC anticipates a handful more seasons for the series, and that they are looking at more than just FTWD as spinoffs of the franchise.
Hmmm.....thats concerning. Thats a very 'Oilers' move, promoting someone who was doing a questionable (bad) job recently.

You never go 'Full Oiler'....never.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2018, 09:02 AM   #1779
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

So nobody has any comments from last night's episode. I guess that's a testament to how somebody like me who has always supported the show thought last night was pretty boring.

And I'm still not convinced that Carl isn't dead.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:22 AM   #1780
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's completely ridiculous how Morgan and Carol can go all rambo on an entire team of saviours. They might as well just send them in to take out Neegan. And Ezekiel can shut the eff up with his Grade 10 drama class acting.
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote