Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Travis Munroe | RealtorŪ & Property Manager
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2010, 11:16 AM   #1181
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

That video is awesome
Old 08-24-2010, 01:57 PM   #1182
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
Where are you pulling up the 95% from? can you back up your claims?
I would estimated 70-80% of Realtors I know have at least a College education and most University degrees.

Can you identify your educational and work background in relation to Real Estate? only fair, since you're policing who is qualified to post in this thread, that you should have to qualify first.
My realtor has a master's degree, although its not really real estate related (but what degree is, I suppose). I think many realtor's are people who have come to real estate as a second career after trying something else. I have a second cousin who practiced law for ~10 years before going into real estate.

Michael
Old 08-25-2010, 12:15 PM   #1183
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

General real estate question that those who frequent this thread will be able to answer.

I've seen offers by real estate agents to look up the price a property was sold for. I'm curious if there is any way the general public can access this information without bothering a real estate agent for each query.

I'm guessing this information is locked down to those with a super-secret realtor login.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:44 PM   #1184
newts
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottabekd View Post
General real estate question that those who frequent this thread will be able to answer.

I've seen offers by real estate agents to look up the price a property was sold for. I'm curious if there is any way the general public can access this information without bothering a real estate agent for each query.

I'm guessing this information is locked down to those with a super-secret realtor login.
http://alta.registries.gov.ab.ca/spinii/splash.aspx

Costs you $5 to pull a title. You need a linc#, plan/block/lot info to pull it.

Won't necessarily match what is on the MLS, as adjustments sometimes happen during conveyencing. But in most cases it matches.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:11 PM   #1185
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Well all I can say is that comparable listings to my rental (1400sq ft, 3BR, 2 1/2 bath, Bridlewood) have taken a nosedive from the $390 range to the $350 or less.

Add in a $14000.00 realtor commission for selling, and I'll keep on renting, thanks.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:13 PM   #1186
Fobby
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

http://www.calgary.ca/portal/server....nity+Sales.htm

It doesn't have the most current information, like sales number of yesterday.. but it's there if you have the address.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:16 PM   #1187
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
Well all I can say is that comparable listings to my rental (1400sq ft, 3BR, 2 1/2 bath, Bridlewood) have taken a nosedive from the $390 range to the $350 or less.

Add in a $14000.00 realtor commission for selling, and I'll keep on renting, thanks.
Are commissions tax deductable on a rental?
Old 08-25-2010, 01:20 PM   #1188
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
That video is awesome
If anybody is unfamiliar with the original Bestbuy story/video:

http://techcrunch.com/2010/07/01/bes...hone-4-evo-4g/

For all those apple fanboys, hehe.

gottabekd, if the sale was VERY recent I think Mike Fotiou has daily sales archives on his site (I seem to keep promoting it )

http://www.findcalgary.ca/page_content-19.html#stats
Old 08-25-2010, 01:47 PM   #1189
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Are commissions tax deductable on a rental?
Who knows.

I THINK it's applied against the gain/loss on the sale of the home vs the purchase price, but it's a capital gain or loss (can't be deducted against my actual income if I lose money).

I'm no accountant though.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:54 PM   #1190
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
According to preliminary, unoffficial data on the website of realtor Mike Fotiou, of First Place Realty, there have been 661 single-family home MLS sales in Calgary for an average price of $441,469 month-to-date until Tuesday.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:34 PM   #1191
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seriously?

http://www.metronews.ca/ottawa/canad...cks-calgarians

Old 08-25-2010, 06:43 PM   #1192
HeartsOfFire
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Kinda shooting themselves in the foot, there. Any non-white potential buyer could now make a reasonable offer, and if refused, could take the lister to court over violating the Fair Housing Laws with that ad as evidence.

If this story is as it is made out to be, that's a very narrow-minded approach by the seller. Not illegal, but definitely a poor decision.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:53 PM   #1193
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Follow up:

http://www.metronews.ca/ottawa/canad...ts-down-broker

I dunno, she looks racist to me.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:55 PM   #1194
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think she's just a poor bystander with an ad - ctv had an interview with her this evening.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:56 PM   #1195
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love how its posted in an Ottawa paper. I guess they felt they needed to further perpetuate the stereotype of redneck Calgary. I just saw the posting, apparently Arabs are ok.

Last edited by burn_this_city; 08-25-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:21 PM   #1196
SeoulFire
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

215k there with an non-address address?

Yeah it must be real.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:31 PM   #1197
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

NM, I get it now

Last edited by Winsor_Pilates; 08-25-2010 at 08:32 PM. Reason: NM, figured it out
Old 08-25-2010, 10:45 PM   #1198
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Cool, thanks for all the links about recent sale prices. Mike Fotiou's recent sales links (click on the date in the What Happened on: row) also show the listing, and original listing price. Really gives a good idea for how much of a discount of the listing price some places are going for.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:59 PM   #1199
1stLand
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Cool, thanks for all the links about recent sale prices. Mike Fotiou's recent sales links (click on the date in the What Happened on: row) also show the listing, and original listing price. Really gives a good idea for how much of a discount of the listing price some places are going for.
If properties were priced right in the first place, there wouldn't be such a big gap between List Price / Sale Price.

Then again, sometimes its best to let the homeowner list for what they 'feel their home is worth' and let the amount of showings, feedback, and days on the market lend credence to future price reductions.

Often times, if a Realtor goes into a listing presentation and is brutally honest about market price, they will lose the listing and offend the seller!

That's why having a good CMA prepared is crucial! I have seen some brutal ones that just make me shake my head.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:01 PM   #1200
1stLand
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartsOfFire View Post
Kinda shooting themselves in the foot, there. Any non-white potential buyer could now make a reasonable offer, and if refused, could take the lister to court over violating the Fair Housing Laws with that ad as evidence.

If this story is as it is made out to be, that's a very narrow-minded approach by the seller. Not illegal, but definitely a poor decision.
I think the story and ad is bogus.

You cannot find a single family detached home in Signal hill for $215k.

Tags
housing , real estate