Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2018, 11:13 AM   #21
Tbull8
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Good opponent = Flames play good.

2-1 Flames (Monahan, Frolik, Bergeron)
Hence why we suck against the Oilers
Tbull8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:15 AM   #22
metal_geek
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by genetic_phreek View Post
Lazar is playing better hockey than we've seen since he was traded here, we already know what we're getting out of Hathaway, nobody wants to break up the 3M line, and Ferland is still inconsistent.

So it's even a better idea that we keep things the same and stay a bubble team. Okay got it.
Ferland May be inconsistent. At this point in time I’ll take my chances with his inconsistent 20 goals over Lazars consistently scoring once every 50 games.
metal_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:18 AM   #23
Funkhouser
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

As someone who hasn't watched a single Boston game, what is the source of their success. On paper, they are not a strong team outside of their very strong top line, goalie, and McAvoy.

Is it just coaching??
Funkhouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:19 AM   #24
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Lazar is playing better hockey than we've seen since he was traded here, we already know what we're getting out of Hathaway, nobody wants to break up the 3M line, and Ferland is still inconsistent.

So it's even a better idea that we keep things the same and stay a bubble team. Okay got it.
Ferland is a top-twenty-producing right winger in the NHL. Swapping him out of that line won't mitigate his supposed "inconsistency."

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:20 AM   #25
FBI
Franchise Player

Exp:

Johnny with 5 assists tonight to tie for the lead in scoring and tie for the lead in assists.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:22 AM   #26
ThePrince
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:

I never understood this. How is Ferland inconsistent? He's put up 20 goals already this year. He can't score a goal every game (or even every 2nd game). If he did, he would be one of the best players in the league, and probably wouldn't be on a 1.75M contract.

You need players like Ferland to round out our top 6/9 and provide production at low cost.
ThePrince is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ThePrince For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2018, 11:23 AM   #27
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

This game is totally winnable. The Bruins just lost to Buffalo on Saturday. Buffalo! Who does that? Anyway, moving on...

This could be a very tough night on the OOT so I'm hoping for a win or at the least an OT point.

Very doable.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:23 AM   #28
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkhouser View Post
As someone who hasn't watched a single Boston game, what is the source of their success. On paper, they are not a strong team outside of their very strong top line, goalie, and McAvoy.

Is it just coaching??
Defense...smothering defense and it comes from the entire roster. The forwards come back all the time regardless of the name on the back. The defense is criminally under rated. Krug is a stud that no one talks about. Rask is as good as he has ever been.

Guys have bought in, play as a team the right way, and more than anything are in a division that allowed them to take some time to figure it out and once they did...run with it.

Oh and Patrice Bergeron is a superstar...again .......that no one ever talks about. That line is the best in hockey and i dont think there is a single argument otherwise.

Last edited by transplant99; 02-13-2018 at 11:25 AM.
transplant99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to transplant99 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2018, 11:31 AM   #29
Demaeon
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI View Post
Johnny with 5 assists tonight to tie for the lead in scoring and tie for the lead in assists.
Will that make someone the lucky winner of the Amway Assist & Win contest?
Demaeon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demaeon For This Useful Post:
FBI
Old 02-13-2018, 11:35 AM   #30
gamesaver
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Well thought, we need Lazar to put up 0+0 on the 1st line consistently.

I can't express how thrilled i am tonight with Rittich getting a start. Biggest test for him So far. If he can handle their 1st line, I will brand him as our future starter.

I noticed the team changed his nickname from Ritty to Ritter and calls him that in interviews. Kipper reference?
gamesaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:36 AM   #31
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demaeon View Post
Will that make someone the lucky winner of the Amway Assist & Win contest?
Only if they've purchased a select marked product from their line of health and beauty products (or whatever it is Amway sells )
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:36 AM   #32
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have a good feeling about this one.

Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:37 AM   #33
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Maybe he just loves chocolate.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2018, 11:41 AM   #34
Big Erned Nevergivn
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:

So your solution is to promote an AHL caliber player who has shown nothing over 2 seasons, with ample opportunity, to the top line???.. while demoting a guy who is having a career year and on pace for 30 goals?? Seems logical.

I'm all for a shake-up to get guys going, but something like swapping Tkachuk for Ferland or Bennett makes more sense to me. At least put guys with top 6 potential in the top 6.

Lazar may be playing the best hockey since he's been here (highly debatable), but that isn't saying much as he's been luke warm at best no matter where he plays.
Big Erned Nevergivn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Big Erned Nevergivn For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2018, 11:59 AM   #35
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not too worried about this one. The Bruins are a tough test for sure, but the Flames usually bring their A game against good teams, and they've proven that they can hold their own with some of the elite teams in the league.

I honestly get more nervous about the games against bottom feeders, as the Flames tend to crap the bed and play down to their level... like the Oilers.

I think the Flames take this one 3-2 in OT.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:01 PM   #36
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Just a brief note on our playoff chances- The Athletic's projected standings that are updated daily and are based on 50,000 simulations of the rest of the season and include factors such as opponent strength, current health, rest, etc has us at 70% to get in.

Sharks are at 75%
Kings are at 62%
Ducks are at 45%
Oilers are at 0%
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bax For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2018, 12:16 PM   #37
Braden
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Big night for Hamilton! Flames win 3-2 in regulation
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:36 PM   #38
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

My wife's friend's husband is a Bruins fan and he's been going off about how this is the B's year and how great they've been and how they won the Hamilton trade because they got good young players for the future and they "clearly don't need him since they're doing great without him". I would give up most anything to shut him up with a Flames win. I wouldn't even brag, I just want him to shut up and the Flames to do well.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:41 PM   #39
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
The Flames are a bubble team because the WC is ultra competitive. They are as close to second as they are to the #5 wildcard. It seems grossly premature to start juggling lineups of a team that has three regulation losses in their last 18 games.
Pretty much agree with this. Looking at the standings there's likely going to be three good hockey teams in the west that miss the playoffs. The Flames need to stick with what's working. I'd like to see them add a depth forward in the next few weeks but other than that I don't think they really need much tinkering.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:48 PM   #40
MisterJoji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
The Flames are a bubble team because the WC is ultra competitive. They are as close to second as they are to the #5 wildcard. It seems grossly premature to start juggling lineups of a team that has three regulation losses in their last 18 games.

That and the piss poor PP and home record. If either of those were even close to average they’d be fighting Vegas for the division title. Hell, if they weren’t the only team that can’t figure out how to beat Edmonton they’d be comfortably in 2nd in the division. Clean up those areas and this team is sitting pretty.