Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2018, 10:05 PM   #201
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:16 AM   #202
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
It was the perfect night, the only mistake was Dean walking through the audience in the end.

I loved the shock effect of it.

Yeah, that was perfect timing. Any other time would have been too predictable, and now he's going to be truly hated which I didn't think was possible. Excited to have him as a heel. And now I wanna watch Raw again.

Hope Roman gets better soon, that's awful news.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:59 PM   #203
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seth was so good, telling dean after the first dirty deeds its ok, its ok. Then his face at the end, what a closing shot

That was masterful storytelling
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:26 PM   #204
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

My Evolution Predictions.

All right first of all, we know that I'm a proponent of Woman's Wrestling. I've been that way since the attitude era when the WWE wasted some incredibly good performers like Molly Holly, Ivory, Trish, Lita and the others.

However for some reason after the ascension of the Woman's evolution the bookings gone flat with the woman that should have been leading the way becoming lacklustre, bad booking, WCW style decisions and more. But this is historic, the first ever all woman's PPV, so lets dig in and make some predictions.

Woman's Battle Royal with the winner getting a title shot

I won't go and put in every woman's name. But what I love for this is that they are bringing back some of the former stars. Its going to be fun to see Molly Holly, Ivory, Alundra Blayze all participating. Conventional wisdom says that either Asuka or Ember Moon wins this and gets the title shot. But I'm going in another direction. The WWE likes at least one surprise per PPV and its going to happen here. The Woman's divisions are lacking in true good heels who generate heat. The only one that's doing that on a consistent basis is Alexa Bliss. So what if one of the better heel's returns from having a family and wins the whole thing. What if Maria Kanellis enters late and wins the whole thing?

My prediction Maria Kanellis

Sasha Banks, Bayley and Nattie vs the Riot Squad

I've been hyper critical of the booking of the Riot Squad as they seem as a group to lose a lot taking losses to the Bellas and to Sasha and Bayley. But what if this is a means to the end, now that we've forgotten about the ill conceived turn of Bayley against Sasha, which was an amazing turn that went nowhere. What if the Riot Squad wins and Bayley goes ballistic which sets up a possible wrestlemania matchup between Sasha and Bayley.

Winners The Riot Squad

Trish and Lita vs Alexa and Mickie

Normally this match should be about elevating Alexa Bliss as she's the future with three members of the attitude era. But there is a rumor that Alexa took a serious head shot from Ronda Rousey suffering a broken nose and a concussion. The substitute will probably be Foxy who's a lot of fun to watch. If Alexa is in the match I'd call for Trish and Lita to win, if its Foxy look at Trish and Lita to win.

Trish and Lita

Io Shirai vs Toni Storm (Mae Young Classics 2 final)

This is going to be the match of the night, and its likely that both of these woman will be a big part of the future of the Woman's division. I expect that Toni is going to win and go onto great things.

Toni Storm

Rhea Ripley vs TBD

I would expect this to be a matchip against the other semi final winner. Rhea has really become a killer in the division, she even did a great job of working with Tegan after her knee injury.

I don't know

Kairi Sane vs Shayna Bazler

I love Bazler's in ring style, it looks brutal and real, and her character is so strong and she pulls it off. Bazler is on her way to a future feud with Rousey at some point. But Kairi is extremely popular right now and she needs to establish the NXT woman's championship.

Kairi Sane

Becky Lynch vs Charlotte

I love this feud, the blow back is that Becky is more popular then ever even though she's the heel. I think the WWE is going to try to flip roles in this one and the only way to do this is have Charlotte absolutely cheat to win. I hate to see the belt taken off of Becky, but just imagine a double turn and then a Wrestlemania blow off.

Charlotte

Ronda Rousey vs Nikki Bella

I don't hate Nikki, I actually respect her for her improvements since day one. But I'm annoyed that Nikki got this title shot. There is no way that this match should be all that long, if Nikki hangs with Ronda it hurts Ronda.

Ronda Rousey

Old 10-24-2018, 12:44 AM   #205
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I read somewhere that before she destroyed her knee Tegan Nox was suppose to beat Rhea Ripley and go onto the finals.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:05 AM   #206
FireFly
Franchise Player

Exp:

I actually think Nikki will win with a little help from Brie. Creates a better story. Not that WWE has been very good at story lines lately, but that's my prediction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If edmonton wins the cup in the next decade I will buy everyone on CP a bottle of vodka.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:12 AM   #207
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I think that Evolution is ripe for some NXT callups. I expect Baszler to lose and immediately get involved in the RAW women's scene, and also have Nikki Cross officially make her main roster debut (she was working with the Smackdown roster a fair bit already).

I also expect Rousey to drop the belt, with Brie helping Nikki win and possible interference from Baszler.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:16 AM   #208
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Actually having a Nikki Cross fighting Rhea would be interesting for Evolution.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:17 AM   #209
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
I think that Evolution is ripe for some NXT callups. I expect Baszler to lose and immediately get involved in the RAW women's scene, and also have Nikki Cross officially make her main roster debut (she was working with the Smackdown roster a fair bit already).

I also expect Rousey to drop the belt, with Brie helping Nikki win and possible interference from Baszler.

Oh god no, I would hate to see Nikki holding the belt.

What I'd like to see is Nikki setting it up for Brie to cheat, but Brie screws it up and costs Nikki.

I also can't see the WWE taking the belt off of Rousey this quickly, they need to set up Rousey as the unstoppable force so whoever beats her is special.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:35 AM   #210
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

I actually think Nikki wins because it shows Rousey still "learning the ropes" with regards to how slimy some things can be in WWE (versus MMA). Kind of like a "rookie mistake" angle where Nikki and Brie will ham it up as a veterans move, but then get shook by Rousey vowing violent revenge on them. Then the Bellas will introduce Baszler as the ace up their sleeve (with Baszler eventually turning on them).
Old 10-24-2018, 10:30 AM   #211
FireFly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Oh god no, I would hate to see Nikki holding the belt.

What I'd like to see is Nikki setting it up for Brie to cheat, but Brie screws it up and costs Nikki.

I also can't see the WWE taking the belt off of Rousey this quickly, they need to set up Rousey as the unstoppable force so whoever beats her is special.
You mean like how Charlotte beat Asuka? Come on, the WWE always screws things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If edmonton wins the cup in the next decade I will buy everyone on CP a bottle of vodka.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 12:54 PM   #212
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Don't remind me of that

Old 10-26-2018, 11:43 AM   #213
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don't know how to imbed a youtube clip but my buddy (Great Gama Singh's son and Jinder Mahal's cousin) made his debut at Impact last night.
albertGQ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to albertGQ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2018, 11:51 AM   #214
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

That's awesome! Gama Singh himself wrestle a match in Impact last week. Not the worst agility for a 63 year old!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2018, 12:04 PM   #215
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
That's awesome! Gama Singh himself wrestle a match in Impact last week. Not the worst agility for a 63 year old!
I love Gama Singh. A great heel and tremendous worker.
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 01:56 PM   #216
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post
Don't know how to imbed a youtube clip but my buddy (Great Gama Singh's son and Jinder Mahal's cousin) made his debut at Impact last night.
Looks good. We'll see if Impact does anything with the canadian kids other then use them as openers.

Is it just me or does that ring look super small? I'm guessing a 16x16 ring
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 02:41 PM   #217
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
Looks good. We'll see if Impact does anything with the canadian kids other then use them as openers.

Is it just me or does that ring look super small? I'm guessing a 16x16 ring
Yes it does look smaller, but remember the camera angle is also a different position with more depth. So it could be augmented by optics.

What bothered me with the ring size was when Pentagon came out to make the save for Fenix to chase off LAX - he basically had to curtail all speed and momentum with his run and chair swinging because the ring limited his movement. Looked like a weak save.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:40 PM   #218
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

I don't have a link as of yet, but one of my childhood best friends debuted as a commentator for NJPW last night.

He did play-by-play commentary with Lanny "The Genius" Poffo.

Surreal to think a kid from Sydney River, NS was doing commentary for NJPW in Tokyo.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2018, 11:00 PM   #219
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So Alexa is officially out for Sunday's Evolution PPV after suffering a concussion during a live show with Rousey.

I almost feel sorry for her. First she suffers a legit elbow injury to Rousey, then during a house show she gets blasted in the face. Alexa also had similar issues with Sasha Banks who took some liberties with Bliss in NXT.

With Foxxy replacing Bliss the match is now Fox, James vs Lita and Trish in what can be generously described as a WWE seniors tour.

Old 10-27-2018, 11:31 AM   #220
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Becky Lynch is live doing an AMA on Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...n_becky_lynch/
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote