Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 01:46 PM   #21
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Bizaro, I'm taking the thread in the spirit it was intended, so I'm not offended.

That being said - and I hate to kill the fun - I don't think it's a good idea.

First, I'm not going to be able to deliver the kind of entertainment you guys are expecting. My opinions generally aren't that different from yours. You know my big touch points - animals, teachers (when they claim they don't have the best gig ever), etc. I think people will be expecting outrageous replies, but that's not why I want to one day start an advice column. I think my advice will be really good, not wacky like you will expect here. This thread will disappoint.

Another problem is I don't think it's a good idea to focus on one poster like this. CP is a great community, but I think if we start centering threads around one guy/girl, it could become too ego driven, and that's a bit of a put-off for a lot of people, myself included. I like inclusive threads and discussions more. This idea is set up to centre around me and my thoughts, and I don't think that's very valuable to CP.

So, anyway, thanks for starting the thread and putting in the effort to make an email address and stuff. Sorry I'm not going to deliver.
Fair enough. I think it's worth noting that DearSliver 'at' gmail dot com was already taken, so you may have some competition in the future...

In all seriousness, I think a no BS advice column with a bit of edginess and a few rants would probably be excellent reading.
The Following User Says Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2014, 01:49 PM   #22
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
The fact that I am asking would appear to suggest it doesn't.

It is a serious question.

Why do you believe you would be good at this?
I'm not really comfortable with this thread. I'm being genuine when I say I don't think it's a good idea to centre a thread around an individual like this. I think we should let this discussion fizzle out.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:52 PM   #23
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm not really comfortable with this thread. I'm being genuine when I say I don't think it's a good idea to centre a thread around an individual like this. I think we should let this discussion fizzle out.

As Eminem says you only get one shot.....

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
Closed Thread

Tags
advice , anonymous , sliver