Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2018, 11:04 AM   #761
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

This video is pretty cool! Detailing some of the DC Films that never made it to screen. That Jack Black Green Lantern film sounds like the worst idea ever, makes the actual movie look like The Dark Knight in comparison.
Nadal Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 12:52 PM   #762
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post

This video is pretty cool! Detailing some of the DC Films that never made it to screen. That Jack Black Green Lantern film sounds like the worst idea ever, makes the actual movie look like The Dark Knight in comparison.
First of all, Jack Black would have made Green Lantern Great Again! That man is a treasure and everything he touches is gold!! And dont you ever forget it!

Nick Cage as Superman?

Really all this does is tell me that there is a Cabal of certifiably insane morons running DC and that, shockingly, more intelligent heads eventually prevailed and this is still the best drivel they could manage.

So while the DC Universe is a shambolic disaster as it is....it could have been worse.

Not exactly inspiring tons of confidence here.

Christian Bale is probably buying his agent a gift basket every day for the 'Hard Pass' and Ben Affleck is probably wondering if he was drunk when he said 'Yes' or if hes constantly drunk because he said 'Yes.'

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 02:14 PM   #763
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just saw Bumblee and it was awesome.

It may not redeem the franchise, but it certainly breathed new life into it. Loved the many callbacks to the 80's, only wished they played a longer cut of The Touch.
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ped For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2018, 07:52 PM   #764
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Aquaman was decent, lots of by-the-numbers stuff, and some of the CGI was a little much and I was bored in a few places. But overall entertaining. I thought WW was quite a bit better.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:47 PM   #765
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Rewatching Thor: Ragnarok. Between this and Infinity War, Marvel has put together a couple of their most re-watchable films in the few years.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2018, 01:29 AM   #766
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Posted in the other thread but if you like comic book movies and have not seen the new Spider-Man movie you are simply wasting your time until that’s been done.

Unbelievably great movie. Amazed it hasn’t been gushed over more on here. It’s insane.
Mr.Coffee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 12:14 PM   #767
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Why isn't Venom on my on demand yet? It came out on DVD on the 18th.. but it hasn't showed up yet. Anyone else have it?
Old 12-29-2018, 02:58 PM   #768
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Why isn't Venom on my on demand yet? It came out on DVD on the 18th.. but it hasn't showed up yet. Anyone else have it?
I got it last week.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2018, 03:22 PM   #769
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
You think Dark Knight Rises was better than the Dark Knight?!?
He also has Watchmen and V for Vendetta after Batman v. Superman. This is not someone whose opinions on the relative quality of films matter, and it certainly isn't worth arguing about, with him or anyone else.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 10:00 PM   #770
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I watched Venom tonight, while I didn't hate it, it felt so much like unfulfilled potential. Also it says a lot when the CGI character with a disembodied voice is far more interesting then Tom Hardy.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:26 AM   #771
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
He also has Watchmen and V for Vendetta after Batman v. Superman. This is not someone whose opinions on the relative quality of films matter, and it certainly isn't worth arguing about, with him or anyone else.
Well all film is subjective, so of course we will disagree on what movies we liked better. Maybe instead of ripping into my list you could give me your list and we could have a friendly debate about it. Watching movies and comic book films in particular are supposed to be fun.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2018, 09:26 AM   #772
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
Well all film is subjective, so of course we will disagree on what movies we liked better. Maybe instead of ripping into my list you could give me your list and we could have a friendly debate about it. Watching movies and comic book films in particular are supposed to be fun.
Normally yeah, but you've debated BvS to death with pretty much everyone here including me, so it's kinda just been done.

But you have to understand how putting movies almost universally panned by critics and audiences above those which are almost universally loved by both makes people question your overall taste.
Old 12-30-2018, 09:58 AM   #773
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Normally yeah, but you've debated BvS to death with pretty much everyone here including me, so it's kinda just been done.

But you have to understand how putting movies almost universally panned by critics and audiences above those which are almost universally loved by both makes people question your overall taste.

While I don't share his taste or his enthusiasm for everything comic book related, if everyone had the same lists, it would be pretty boring.
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ped For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2018, 11:11 AM   #774
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ped View Post
While I don't share his taste or his enthusiasm for everything comic book related, if everyone had the same lists, it would be pretty boring.
Oh hey, I agree. I'm sure my list of favorite movies would have some people raising eyebrows. People enjoy movies for different reasons and that's fine. But here's the thing, if you tell me Transformers 5 is your favorite movie, I'm probably not going to listen to anything you have to say about movies.
Old 12-30-2018, 11:39 AM   #775
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

It’s one thing to disagree on movies and even question someone’s taste I suppose.

But saying someone’s opinion doesn’t matter is unnecessarily rude and pretty much lacking in self awareness IMO.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2018, 01:12 PM   #776
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
It’s one thing to disagree on movies and even question someone’s taste I suppose.

But saying someone’s opinion doesn’t matter is unnecessarily rude and pretty much lacking in self awareness IMO.
Its not that it doesn't matter. It's just been the same thing since the Aquaman trailer came out. He's probably posted a list every second page, and each time it leads to an argument about BvS with someone. His opinion has been noted and commented on multiple times. No one is going to convince him otherwise at this point, and he's not going to convince any of us that BvS is better than V for Vendetta or Watchmen.

Last edited by Coach; 12-30-2018 at 01:16 PM.
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 01:46 PM   #777
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Its not that it doesn't matter. It's just been the same thing since the Aquaman trailer came out. He's probably posted a list every second page, and each time it leads to an argument about BvS with someone. His opinion has been noted and commented on multiple times. No one is going to convince him otherwise at this point, and he's not going to convince any of us that BvS is better than V for Vendetta or Watchmen.
The watchmen is a very divisive film. I loved it, but a lot of people hated it.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 02:31 PM   #778
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

IW
Batman Begins
Avengers
Dark Knight
Deadpool
Blade
Ragnarok
Black Panther
Iron Man
V for Vendetta
GOTG
Sin City
Winter Soldier
Watchmen dir cut
First Class
X2
Logan
Xmen
AntMan
Civil War
Wonder Woman
Age of Ultron
Cap 1
Thor 1

That’s the best approximation I can give for a list. Almost any movie could move up or down 5 places quite easily, depending on the day, maybe more. Some movies I didn’t list suck too much to bother ranking. I may have missed a few too. Hellboy? Also kept it to the current era of movies.

It’s insane to me that the first xmen movie didnt make my top 15. If you told me in 2000 there would be 15 better movies within the next 20 I’d have thought you were insane.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 12-30-2018 at 02:47 PM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2018, 03:46 PM   #779
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
IW
Batman Begins
Avengers
Dark Knight
Deadpool
Blade
Ragnarok
Black Panther
Iron Man
V for Vendetta
GOTG
Sin City
Winter Soldier
Watchmen dir cut
First Class
X2
Logan
Xmen
AntMan
Civil War
Wonder Woman
Age of Ultron
Cap 1
Thor 1

That’s the best approximation I can give for a list. Almost any movie could move up or down 5 places quite easily, depending on the day, maybe more. Some movies I didn’t list suck too much to bother ranking. I may have missed a few too. Hellboy? Also kept it to the current era of movies.

It’s insane to me that the first xmen movie didnt make my top 15. If you told me in 2000 there would be 15 better movies within the next 20 I’d have thought you were insane.
That's a solid list, it's hard putting together a list it's so fluid that movies can move up or down depending on when you last watched them. I totally agree with you in regards to the first X-Men, upon it's release it was probably top 5 best comic book movies ever. Now I personally don't even have it as top 5 X-Men films with X2, First Class, Logan, DOFP, Deadpool 1 & 2 and The Wolverine coming out since.
Old 12-30-2018, 04:02 PM   #780
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Oh Jesus I forgot DoFP. It might be my highest rated xmen movie.

The Wolverine was so close, yet so far. First hour was mostly brilliant. Last 30 mins made me want to blow my brains out.

It sucks when they make awful comic book movies. It’s worse when they spoil the best source material when they absolutely #### on it and completely bastardize it. That movie had so much potential. Could have been a top 5 superhero movie.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: