Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2023, 06:04 PM   #1401
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Today is NASA's hearing on the UAP task force it set up a year ago for a progress update. Some great stuff has been shared today, but I thought this was particularly noteworthy for those into the UAP subject given it is from the official UAP office as set up by Congress:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1663926537899642880
I lost my marbles, sorry.

Last edited by TrentCrimmIndependent; 06-09-2023 at 10:16 PM.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 08:14 PM   #1402
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
President's are on a need-to-know basis. They don't get read into all special access programs.
They certainly have security clearance to access it if they wanted to.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 09:59 PM   #1403
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I could buy water people. The ocean is ####ed. Time travellers? Plausible.

Ancient civilization that left and returned doesn’t make sense, though. There’d be some leftovers I think. Maybe they are just an incredibly tidy people.
Well one theory is von Neumann probes from an ancient civilization. Might not be them biologically, but a non-human intelligence that left technological remnants. Personally I think that's more likely than aliens crossing the universe to hang out here.

And with the recent UAP language using terms like "transmedium" including many occurences happening over the ocean, I can imagine the oceans hold some secrets to this phenomena if any of it is true.

Also sounds like whistleblower(s) may have brought some evidence recently to a few congressmen, including Andre Carson, who had spoken of the important if the UAP topic and sits on the House Intelligence Committee. The evidence included video of intelligence members communicating with NHI. Left them shaken. This is obviously just secondary sources, and until proof come forward it's hard to fully buy in, but if true it sounds like the NDAA from last year that gives avenues to whistleblowers is working as expected.

Anyways, fun to indulge into the science fiction in all of this.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 12:12 AM   #1404
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
They certainly have security clearance to access it if they wanted to.
Obama mentioned once as president you can't just call the pentagon with a blanket request like, "I want every file you have on UFO's for bathroom reading" but he could request a file on an incident like say Roswell 1947
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 12:44 AM   #1405
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Classification does indeed specify who exactly "needs to know" what is in any given classified document, and there are some things that even the rank of president is not included in the "need to know" group of people. There is no ranking system where the person with a higher rank automatically has access to all top secret classified information just because they hold a higher rank. If the president needs to make a decision on something, he can summon the person who is listed on the top secret file as being someone who "needs to know" in order to get advice whether a decision is reasonable based on what they know, but they don't need to tell the president all the details that are classified. In fact, they are not supposed to unless they think the president really does need to know. Just being curious isn't a valid reason.

Who knows if that principle always holds up, but that is the way it is supposed to work.

Edit: Actually, the above might be wrong. It's what I read a long time ago, but can't find any validation online. After reading about it now, it sounds like the president does have unilateral access to everything.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 06-10-2023 at 01:13 AM.
FlamesAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 01:43 AM   #1406
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

With the assignment of professionals to this area like Dr. Nolan and progressive declassification of stories and evidence, I sure hope it moves the idea of otherworldly presences (/their technology) being around from myth & fiction to an accepted reality.

The secondhand accounts of things the US airforce/CIA are sitting on sound paradigm shattering. I hope it's true.

I won't have a concrete sense of belief until I see some irrefutable evidence that can't be staged, even though some of all that's come out probably is real. But it would be consoling to know if we're indeed sitting on tech or debris not of earthly origins, or more.

It would be really exciting and mind opening, and probably would bring people together after all our tiny earthly squabbles have divided us for years.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 02:31 AM   #1407
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

National Geographic just uploaded a short historical documentary about UAP that is interesting.

Old 06-10-2023, 08:08 AM   #1408
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

What if governments actually want you to believe in aliens (or past civilizations, or whatever) as a method of covering up tech/experiments/etc?

Wouldn’t really leaning into it and embracing it be the best case scenario for them?
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2023, 09:16 AM   #1409
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

All governments everywhere without exception? That seems as difficult conspiracy to maintain as all governments everywhere hiding actual evidence.
Old 06-10-2023, 09:20 AM   #1410
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
All governments everywhere without exception? That seems as difficult conspiracy to maintain as all governments everywhere hiding actual evidence.
Oh, it’s highly implausible, but it’s a closer answer to the question as to why only governments hold any actual “evidence” of this phenomenon and why the general public has never produced any physical or visual evidence (without alternative explanations).
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2023, 09:26 AM   #1411
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
With the assignment of professionals to this area like Dr. Nolan and progressive declassification of stories and evidence, I sure hope it moves the idea of otherworldly presences (/their technology) being around from myth & fiction to an accepted reality.

The secondhand accounts of things the US airforce/CIA are sitting on sound paradigm shattering. I hope it's true.

I won't have a concrete sense of belief until I see some irrefutable evidence that can't be staged, even though some of all that's come out probably is real. But it would be consoling to know if we're indeed sitting on tech or debris not of earthly origins, or more.

It would be really exciting and mind opening, and probably would bring people together after all our tiny earthly squabbles have divided us for years.
I suspect it has no tangible change on society at all. Geopolitically you’d get nations jockeying to be allied with the little green men openly but in a “prime directive” type scenario these beings appear to be operating on nothing changes on earth.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 09:36 AM   #1412
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Oh, it’s highly implausible, but it’s a closer answer to the question as to why only governments hold any actual “evidence” of this phenomenon and why the general public has never produced any physical or visual evidence (without alternative explanations).
Look up Richard Doty. Watch Mirage Men.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 11:46 AM   #1413
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Look up Richard Doty. Watch Mirage Men.
Clearly I’m on to something.
Old 06-11-2023, 08:19 PM   #1414
soreshins
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anyone watch the Grusch interview? Nothing really new - I guess he was pretty unequivocal that the Vatican knows there is non-human intelligence but the rest was pretty vague assertions that are part of his formal complaint (which can’t be shared). Bit of a nothing burger to be honest
soreshins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 09:47 PM   #1415
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

So everything about Grusch is based on what he heard, didn't see anything, not even photo's nor does he know where these secret buildings are, makes no wonder mainstream media didn't cover it.

Next
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 09:55 AM   #1416
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

There were rumours yesterday that something was going to come out regarding another nation joining the conversation. Turns out it’s Canada

https://twitter.com/user/status/1671065903616921600
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 03:28 PM   #1417
karl262
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I think this is pretty interesting
karl262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 05:00 PM   #1418
soreshins
First Line Centre

Exp:

So this guy is just the MP for Brandon, MB. He doesn’t appear to be on any defence related committees and it sounds like this is just a letter he has written out of his own personal interests. At first glance it seems interesting but it’s really not evidence of anything more than “I heard something from someone”. Don’t get me wrong, I’m actually open to all of this UAP stuff but some people are making out that this is somehow another big revelation. It doesn’t seem to be anything of the kind.
soreshins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 05:53 PM   #1419
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soreshins View Post
So this guy is just the MP for Brandon, MB. He doesn’t appear to be on any defence related committees and it sounds like this is just a letter he has written out of his own personal interests. At first glance it seems interesting but it’s really not evidence of anything more than “I heard something from someone”. Don’t get me wrong, I’m actually open to all of this UAP stuff but some people are making out that this is somehow another big revelation. It doesn’t seem to be anything of the kind.
Yeah, could be the case.

But some people who know a lot about this topic are really excited about it too, which got my attention.

We’ll see what happens next I guess!
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 05:53 PM   #1420
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
What if governments actually want you to believe in aliens (or past civilizations, or whatever) as a method of covering up tech/experiments/etc?

Wouldn’t really leaning into it and embracing it be the best case scenario for them?
The issue with that would be that only a small percentage of people are going to buy the Alien story, and most of those people are going to be people perceived by others as not being reliable and/or people not capable of doing proper investigation to begin with.

Basically, if a conspiracy nut is telling the general population about aliens, is extra nudging from the government going to make him more into that? And was anyone ever going to listen to this guy in the first place?
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote