Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2023, 07:58 PM   #101
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyZ View Post
If this was any other groups other than Christians and white people this thread wouldnt even be allowed on the board.
You're right. They should be though. And they would if there was a credible threat from them.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 10:43 PM   #102
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

These must be the same guys trying to replace Germ Theory with Terrain Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 10:46 PM   #103
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

I totally agree with that totally normal statement.
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 07:53 AM   #104
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
No. Previously they had a tangible connection to reality.
How does anyone that believes in an imaginary god (or gods) have a tangible connection to reality? Really? That's the problem with religion in a nutshell. The deeper one gets into it, the further away they move from reality.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 07:55 AM   #105
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Christofacists at it again. But, ya, totally cool stuff going on here...nothing to worry about.

https://pressprogress.ca/take-back-a...-town-alberta/

There is no limit to the hate they have. Good thing they have the freedom of religion to practice this hate while they take over the government. Cool, cool.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 09:36 AM   #106
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

And recruiting the muslofascists there too it looks like
Old 06-17-2023, 09:58 AM   #107
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Christofacists at it again. But, ya, totally cool stuff going on here...nothing to worry about.

There is no limit to the hate they have. Good thing they have the freedom of religion to practice this hate while they take over the government. Cool, cool.
Is there hate in the picture? I mean I'm not a huge fan of all the gender identity stuff aimed at kids these days and I couldn't be less religious. I don't have the answers but I disagree that kids' movies, books and elementary schools are the place to start looking at gender identity. I also don't think anything prepubescent should have any sort of gender, lgbtq slant or angle in it.

Am I a Christofascist now?
indes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 10:12 AM   #108
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by indes View Post
Is there hate in the picture? I mean I'm not a huge fan of all the gender identity stuff aimed at kids these days and I couldn't be less religious. I don't have the answers but I disagree that kids' movies, books and elementary schools are the place to start looking at gender identity. I also don't think anything prepubescent should have any sort of gender, lgbtq slant or angle in it.

Your ignorance is showing. Elementary school is the time when the vast majority of LGBTQ people realize there's something different about themselves, and the only books aimed at that age group are simply about acceptance, telling those kids there's nothing wrong with how they feel. Look at this list of LGBTQ books you might find in a school library

https://www.readbrightly.com/9-great-lgbtq-books-kids/

Is there anything on there you honestly have a problem with?
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2023, 10:12 AM   #109
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

nvm
Old 06-17-2023, 10:13 AM   #110
flamesfever
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
How does anyone that believes in an imaginary god (or gods) have a tangible connection to reality? Really? That's the problem with religion in a nutshell. The deeper one gets into it, the further away they move from reality.
Is "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" not a real thing?

Is a gathering of like minded people, in a spirit of community, honestly trying to make life better for everyone, not a real thing?

Is love for yourself and others, using your talents, time and money in the service of others not a real thing?

Is telling the truth not a real thing?

You may not be a believer but surely you have some idea as to what religion is trying to do, in spite of what your cynical mind is telling you.
flamesfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 10:21 AM   #111
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfever View Post
Is "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" not a real thing?
You don't need religion to spell out that treat others like you would like them to treat you is a good thing

Quote:
Is a gathering of like minded people, in a spirit of community, honestly trying to make life better for everyone, not a real thing?
Really? All I see is gatherings of like minded people trying to make life better for themselves at the expense of other groups of like minded people

Quote:
Is love for yourself and others, using your talents, time and money in the service of others not a real thing?
Again, you don't need religion to engage in charity work

Quote:
Is telling the truth not a real thing?
This is the funniest of them all. The history of religion is about suppressing the truth and punishing those who speak it, truth and facts are the enemy of organized religion
Old 06-17-2023, 10:28 AM   #112
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post

That post says their protest at city hall was yesterday. Did it happen, are there pictures? Was it one of those things where like 4 weirdos stand in front of city hall with baseball helmets on claiming they're defending our freedom?
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 10:43 AM   #113
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Your ignorance is showing. Elementary school is the time when the vast majority of LGBTQ people realize there's something different about themselves, and the only books aimed at that age group are simply about acceptance, telling those kids there's nothing wrong with how they feel. Look at this list of LGBTQ books you might find in a school library

https://www.readbrightly.com/9-great-lgbtq-books-kids/

Is there anything on there you honestly have a problem with?
Absolutely there is. "I am Jazz", "Julian is a mermaid" and all the other books aimed at 4-8 year olds that portray children as having identified their genders or sexualities. Stonewall:A building, an uprising and a revolution (for 5-8 year olds).

On the other hand I have no issue with the books that portray same sex parents or gay adults. I have no issue with Modern Family or anything that's not aimed at young children who don't possess the capacity to understand any of it.

That's just my personal feeling on the matter anyways. I'm not here to cast judgment on how people live their lives, I really don't care and have never considered any prejudice against the LGBTQ community. Just not sure why this is all at the forefront the past couple of years, you didn't see this kind of push for any other disparaged groups of people.
indes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 11:14 AM   #114
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Absolutely there is. "I am Jazz", "Julian is a mermaid" and all the other books aimed at 4-8 year olds that portray children as having identified their genders or sexualities. Stonewall:A building, an uprising and a revolution (for 5-8 year olds).

On the other hand I have no issue with the books that portray same sex parents or gay adults. I have no issue with Modern Family or anything that's not aimed at young children who don't possess the capacity to understand any of it.

That's just my personal feeling on the matter anyways. I'm not here to cast judgment on how people live their lives, I really don't care and have never considered any prejudice against the LGBTQ community. Just not sure why this is all at the forefront the past couple of years, you didn't see this kind of push for any other disparaged groups of people.
If you’re being honest with yourself, I bet you’ve never had a single issue with any children’s book where the characters are cisgender and/or straight,

It’s literally almost all of them. Reading to my friend’s kid, there are plenty of books where boy penguins are in love with girl penguins (swap the animals for dinosaurs, or people, or whatever). The are literally countless books with boys that identify as boys and girls that identify as girls.

You’re using children as a way to excuse your dislike or distrust of lgbtq people.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2023, 11:23 AM   #115
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:

Like it or not, there are many kids under 10 who already know that genders of their body and mind don't match. Don't they deserve some kind of validation to know that they aren't broken? Or are they supposed to just push those feelings down and act "normal"? And there is no "push" from the LGBTQ community, there are simply more books and media targeting their group because it's becoming more acceptable for them to admit who they are. Don't feed into the culture war bull#### being imported from the US, there is no indoctrination or force feeding of any ideals
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2023, 12:48 PM   #116
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

If you want to debate in a reasonable and respectful manner the merits and drawbacks of this type of education backed by fact and rigorous studies, I have no problem with that, and it in no way makes you a Christofacist.

If, however, you have the ear of the premier, have helped nominate and get elected many members who share your hateful views and have actual voting power, and your only source for your hate is misinterpreting a 2000 year old book and the edicts of flawed men and you want to use that power to ridicule and fuel hatred and attacks against a community and push for government repression throguh the powers you have gained, then yes, you are probably a Christofacist.

I guess I don't see where this is all so complicated and confusing.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2023, 01:47 PM   #117
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sadly this is not a conspiracy. There is a well defined strategy to influence and takeover the organs of power. Read about “the seven mountains” to gain more insight into this movement.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 07:40 PM   #118
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by party elephant View Post
that post says their protest at city hall was yesterday. Did it happen, are there pictures? Was it one of those things where like 4 weirdos stand in front of city hall with baseball helmets on claiming they're defending our freedom?
https://twitter.com/user/status/1670093706026967040
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2023, 08:13 PM   #119
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like maybe a couple hundred people there, although I can't tell if some of that crowd in the background are maybe counter-protesting?

It's a shame that people like this still exist in 2023. What a bunch of pathetic, bigoted losers.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 08:48 PM   #120
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Keep the division flowing no days off 24/7 , worry about everyone but yourself.

Everyone has to cheer for what you believe or something is wrong.
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote