Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2024, 07:06 PM   #19141
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I wonder if this removal leg is in some way related to her still being butthurt about her school board removal (it was the entire calgary public board, was deemed completely dysfunctional by the prov govt of the day)
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 07:39 PM   #19142
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
The federal government at least has the senate as a check on power. No such thing in Alberta with majority government basically being a dictatorship.
Keep telling yourself that. The Manning Centre has spent years developing their strategy to consolidate power.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 08:29 PM   #19143
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Sounds like the proposed legislation might only apply to 'large' cities (ie Edmonton and Calgary). Because those two cities are the two biggest thorns for the UCP.
I’m pretty sure it doesn’t. They may target Edmonton and Calgary to start but they won’t stop there.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 08:38 PM   #19144
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Should ask if this legislation can be immediately used against Sean Chu.

I mean, they’ll be likely enacting this anyway, maybe they can throw us a bone.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 08:41 PM   #19145
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFireInside View Post
This is going to cause many doctors to leave. Family doctors don't perform surgery. So are NPs going to be paid the same? My wife is a physician with far more than 900 patients. Are they going to pay the NPs on the same model using modifiers as doctors? If not, it's going to be a massive problem for retaining doctors.

NPs should be working in doctors offices with doctors. period. The exception to that would be areas that have no doctors.

Other provinces in Canada are about to gain some doctors.
Can you expand on how this would be a disincentive for retaining doctors.

I would have thought this would be an opportunity for Doctors with existing practices to expand hours and maximize income by employing NPs along side their existing practice.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 09:02 PM   #19146
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Family doc gotta pay for that 80% NP as part of their staff with already razor-tight overhead. Additionally, not all patients are critical cases that require physician primary care, so the physician wouldn't be billing for patients they normally would if now an NP is doing all that work. And if NPs are expected to do all most of what a physician can do but spend a fraction of the cost and time on education, don't need nearly the same bedside experience to get near equal pay and be treated like a physician, what incentive is there to go through med school/residency/clinic operation as the physician?

One more thing: Physicians also have to clean up after NP's regularly that do things like over-prescribing narcotics, issued inappropriate benzodiazepine regiments, conduct unnecessary testing, send urgent care/ED patients sent home with inadequate care, and correct/interject in conversations with patients that require physician know-how.

This basically is getting GP's to ask, what's the point? Not worth it if the government wants NPs to run most of the show.

I'm a peripheral observer pretty close to the situation but I'm sure AFireInside has more context this.

Last edited by Ozy_Flame; 04-25-2024 at 09:07 PM.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 09:06 PM   #19147
ThisIsAnOutrage
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare
Do any of our resident UCP shills want to go to bat and try to justify this absolutely undemocratic nonsense?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...laws-1.7185346

Disclaimers: I voted NDP in the last provincial election, and if Nenshi becomes leader of the NDP, I'll do it again, because even though I can't stand his "How dare you question me, peasant!" attitude I believe he can sort things out with Ottawa, which by then should be a Conservative government. But since I think the Freedom Convoy had a point, and that as long as Danielle Smith is premier we may as well endorse her performance art political theatre war with the Ottawa and hope that it eventually serves as an object lesson for future federal governments, I expect that for the purposes of posting in the CP forums, I will be taken as good a UCP shill as anyone! Moreover, I think what you really want is someone to reply in the style of a UCP shill. So, without further ado...

I'll bite. After all, if you're going to sit up and beg for a lesson, who am I not to stand up and see that y'all get learnt?

You, and the rest of Liberal/NDP/Leftie Groomer bunch think this legislation is undemocratic because you're wrong. You don't know what democracy is, how it is made, how it is preserved, and what it is used for. You have the classic hippy-dippy notion of democracy, that's not it. To put this in language that might be more familiar to your types, I'm going crib from General Hoyt's speech from the Shape of Water. You'll know it, lefties love that film; a woman who identifies as a fish, ####s a fish who identifies as a man. It's your biggest dream, after state-sponsored pediatric genital mutilation.
Democracy? A democracy lets people choose who is responsible for stopping them from ######ing up. That's real democratic. But the other kind of democracy? It doesn’t really matter. We sell it, but it’s an export. We sell it because we don’t use it.
Which is right. What democracy is, is a belief system powerful nations export to sh*t-hole countries with the goal of shaking things up just enough that the people "decide" to put a new dictator in power. Sometimes it's war, sometimes it's a covert op, sometimes it's sanctions, sometimes it's diplomacy, sometimes it trade, but every time, that's it.

Conservatives know this, others can't stand to face the reality. Conservatives also know that a population that believes in "democracy", is prone to the efforts of hostile foreign actors to export "democracy" to destabilize our government. This happened federally, that's why China chooses who runs in and wins Liberal nomination races, and operates covert police stations across North America.

So, this legislation which tightens voter identification and enables the UCP to remove municipal councillors is just democracy in action. It's the elected UCP government stopping your ######-ups, by making sure compromised councillors can be removed. That way, the only real democracy, your chance to choose who will stop you from ####ing up is preserved.

And to be clear, the UCP doesn't mind ######-ups, they just gotta be our ######-ups. And so it will protect your right to be, and status as a ######-up, all day, every day. So you can get mad, and not have to worry about it.

You're welcome.

Love,

Danielle Smith

Last edited by ThisIsAnOutrage; 04-25-2024 at 09:09 PM.
ThisIsAnOutrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 09:19 PM   #19148
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Danielle Smith voted NDP?
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 09:22 PM   #19149
ThisIsAnOutrage
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
Danielle Smith voted NDP?

Would it really surprise you?
Old 04-25-2024, 09:31 PM   #19150
Canadianman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Anyone else watch the ANDP leadership debate?

Was a little boring actually. A bunch of adults in the room, mostly agreeing with each other.

Hoffman came across like a raving lunatic. She kept trying to attack Nenshi (I suppose he's the clear frontrunner at this point), but it reminded me of a time I shared a cab with a random dude in Kelowna and he spent 20 minutes trying to convince me that the bees were being killed off by cellphone signals. Just repeating the same nonsensical position and trying to make it seem like she would stand chance against the UCP.

Gil was the only person I wasn't familiar with already. I expected a union shill, but he came across as quite reasonable, albeit almost entirely focused on the economy and fiscal policy.

Ganley was good, but wasn't amazing.

Jodi Calahoo was impressive. I like her attitude, but I'm not convinced she'd be a good leader. Maybe in 20 years.

Nenshi was solid. He did a good job by repeatedly clarifying that everyone on the stage would be 100000x better than the UCP. He got attacked for his lack of policies by the others, but none of the attacks really struck home for me.
Canadianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 10:48 PM   #19151
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsAnOutrage View Post
Disclaimers: I voted NDP in the last provincial election, and if Nenshi becomes leader of the NDP, I'll do it again, because even though I can't stand his "How dare you question me, peasant!" attitude I believe he can sort things out with Ottawa, which by then should be a Conservative government. But since I think the Freedom Convoy had a point, and that as long as Danielle Smith is premier we may as well endorse her performance art political theatre war with the Ottawa and hope that it eventually serves as an object lesson for future federal governments, I expect that for the purposes of posting in the CP forums, I will be taken as good a UCP shill as anyone! Moreover, I think what you really want is someone to reply in the style of a UCP shill. So, without further ado...

I'll bite. After all, if you're going to sit up and beg for a lesson, who am I not to stand up and see that y'all get learnt?

You, and the rest of Liberal/NDP/Leftie Groomer bunch think this legislation is undemocratic because you're wrong. You don't know what democracy is, how it is made, how it is preserved, and what it is used for. You have the classic hippy-dippy notion of democracy, that's not it. To put this in language that might be more familiar to your types, I'm going crib from General Hoyt's speech from the Shape of Water. You'll know it, lefties love that film; a woman who identifies as a fish, ####s a fish who identifies as a man. It's your biggest dream, after state-sponsored pediatric genital mutilation.
Democracy? A democracy lets people choose who is responsible for stopping them from ######ing up. That's real democratic. But the other kind of democracy? It doesn’t really matter. We sell it, but it’s an export. We sell it because we don’t use it.
Which is right. What democracy is, is a belief system powerful nations export to sh*t-hole countries with the goal of shaking things up just enough that the people "decide" to put a new dictator in power. Sometimes it's war, sometimes it's a covert op, sometimes it's sanctions, sometimes it's diplomacy, sometimes it trade, but every time, that's it.

Conservatives know this, others can't stand to face the reality. Conservatives also know that a population that believes in "democracy", is prone to the efforts of hostile foreign actors to export "democracy" to destabilize our government. This happened federally, that's why China chooses who runs in and wins Liberal nomination races, and operates covert police stations across North America.

So, this legislation which tightens voter identification and enables the UCP to remove municipal councillors is just democracy in action. It's the elected UCP government stopping your ######-ups, by making sure compromised councillors can be removed. That way, the only real democracy, your chance to choose who will stop you from ####ing up is preserved.

And to be clear, the UCP doesn't mind ######-ups, they just gotta be our ######-ups. And so it will protect your right to be, and status as a ######-up, all day, every day. So you can get mad, and not have to worry about it.

You're welcome.

Love,

Danielle Smith
Proud of you for at least putting the fascism on full display.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 11:07 PM   #19152
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeltlineFan View Post
The UCP sent a hilarious survey to their members about the NDP leadership race.

The questions:
  1. Which NDP candidate is the biggest threat to your rights and freedoms?
  2. Who do you think will win the NDP leadership race?
  3. Do you think the new NDP leader will aggressively attack Danielle Smith and the UCP from day one?
  4. How alarmed are you that the incoming NDP leader might torpedo Alberta's hard-won achievements?
  5. (OPTIONAL) Do you have any strategic advice for dealing with the next NDP leader?

Sure would be a shame to lose my rights and freedoms and all those hard-won 'achievements'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
Do any of our resident UCP shills want to go to bat and try to justify this absolutely undemocratic nonsense?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...laws-1.7185346
These were like 6 posts apart…
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote