Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-09-2019, 11:03 AM   #1641
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
Depends on who the Stamps would be sending back to the Argos, but on the surface, I'd be down with this trade.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1181937497007427588
I'm not a fan of spending assets on rental players -- especially at a position like receiver. I don't think it's Huff's philosophy either (i.e. chasing free agents).

However, Derel Walker is a good football player and I can see making an exception in that case. We should also have the cap space to add (based on Bo Levi's injury earlier in the year), so that shouldn't be a problem?
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:12 AM   #1642
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
I'm not a fan of spending assets on rental players -- especially at a position like receiver. I don't think it's Huff's philosophy either (i.e. chasing free agents).

However, Derel Walker is a good football player and I can see making an exception in that case. We should also have the cap space to add (based on Bo Levi's injury earlier in the year), so that shouldn't be a problem?
The Stamps saved more than $100,000 because Bo Levi Mitchell suffered an injury and missed seven games with a pectoral injury. That money alone would be sufficient funds to absorb Walker’s salary. But the kicker comes down to the what assets need to go back the other way for a trade to happen.

Hufnagel has yet to make his patented move for bolstering the Stampeders’ Grey Cup run and sources around the league believe Walker could be the one.

https://3downnation.com/2019/10/09/a...r-watch-is-on/
dash_pinched is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2019, 02:28 PM   #1643
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

I think Chris Matthews was a bit of rental last year? i thought he served us well in that role, and would add my voice to the thumbs up for Walker if we can swing it.
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:28 PM   #1644
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

BC is down a Canadian receiver (Lemar Durant) who was having a fine season.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1181991232899289088
Old 10-09-2019, 02:32 PM   #1645
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I’ve heard Pinball speak live and he’s one of the best speakers I’ve ever heard. His speeches to his players when he choses to do that will be epic.

I think he’s great for fan attraction but I have no idea if he can be a good GM. The league desperately needs a strong Toronto team.

Which is why i won't be surprised if BLM is playing for the Argos next year. A strong team in the CFL means a strong QB. Calgary is going to attract the same number of fans and sell the same amount of merchandise whether its Mitchell or Arbuckle at QB. Just a hunch ... hope i'm wrong.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:23 PM   #1646
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trade deadline has come and gone and it looks like the Stamps have stood pat.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:26 PM   #1647
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

TSNDaveNaylor:
The @Wpg_BlueBombers and @TorontoArgos have made a trade sending QB @ZCollaros7 to Winnipeg. #CFL

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drake For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2019, 03:43 PM   #1648
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

He's our starting QB, so I put on my blue coloured glasses and hope for the best. Win us a championship Zac. lol. Oh man I need a drink.

Better than Streveler.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 03:51 PM   #1649
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
tsndavenaylor:
The @wpg_bluebombers and @torontoargos have made a trade sending qb @zcollaros7 to winnipeg. #cfl
https://twitter.com/user/status/1182045822004936706
Old 10-09-2019, 03:56 PM   #1650
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Under Popp, the Agros viewed Collaros as a their potential starting QB going forward. They wanted to extend him. Under Pinball and Murphy, he's flipped for draft picks. Interesting.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 04:28 PM   #1651
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corral View Post
I think Chris Matthews was a bit of rental last year? i thought he served us well in that role, and would add my voice to the thumbs up for Walker if we can swing it.
Yes, but he was signed as a free agent. That's part of why I'm hesitant to give up (good) assets -- receivers are generally easier to find and replace. But if there is an upgrade out there that we can get without having to trade for them (i.e. Michel), I'd be all for it.
Old 10-09-2019, 04:30 PM   #1652
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

So how quickly do you think you can realistically plug Collaros into the lineup (i.e. with a new offence and new receivers)? For his sake, I hope he can play more than one game (or even one quarter)...
Old 10-09-2019, 05:01 PM   #1653
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So how quickly do you think you can realistically plug Collaros into the lineup (i.e. with a new offence and new receivers)? For his sake, I hope he can play more than one game (or even one quarter)...
I think you start him for the Calgary back to back. I can't imagine a scenario where you start him this weekend.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:45 AM   #1654
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Which is why i won't be surprised if BLM is playing for the Argos next year. A strong team in the CFL means a strong QB. Calgary is going to attract the same number of fans and sell the same amount of merchandise whether its Mitchell or Arbuckle at QB. Just a hunch ... hope i'm wrong.
I think you are wrong. Stamps made a big commitment to Bo and he has a great rapport with Dickenson and Huff. Arbuckle looks to have a lot of promise but it's a real stretch to think the Stamps are going to part with the winningest QB in the history of the CFL. Mitchell in Toronto will not even move the needle as they just don't care about the CFL.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2019, 06:54 AM   #1655
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
If Bo wanted to be in Toronto, he would have just signed with them in February.

He always said its the NFL or Calgary. Full stop.

I also doubt Huf is in any hurry to trade the best QB in the league and even more so, I doubt the Argos want to part with the assets required to make such a deal.

Now i could see the Argos going after Arbuckle however.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:13 AM   #1656
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Dennis and Wall out.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1182313736347848704

Last edited by RyZ; 10-10-2019 at 09:16 AM.
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RyZ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2019, 09:54 AM   #1657
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I think you are wrong. Stamps made a big commitment to Bo and he has a great rapport with Dickenson and Huff. Arbuckle looks to have a lot of promise but it's a real stretch to think the Stamps are going to part with the winningest QB in the history of the CFL. Mitchell in Toronto will not even move the needle as they just don't care about the CFL.

Its a stretch for sure. And i also acknowledge what Transplant has said as well. But strange things happen in the CFL. And i do recall that the Argos offered him a large contract as well.

Bo has accomplished a lot in Calgary - and winning the Cup at McMahon would have to be near the pinnacle of what he could ever do here as the Stamps QB. He's very competitive and sometimes that leads folks to seek out new challenges - and that would be the Argos. And the league would certainly welcome that. Think Doug Flutie.

I'm not so sure he wouldn't move the needle in Toronto, and in any case, he would certainly move it more than anything else the Argos can do to make themselves relevant again.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:45 AM   #1658
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyZ View Post
Dennis being out is significant as it forces guys to shuffle into different O-line positions. The Sackmaster is licking his chops
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2019, 03:41 PM   #1659
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Selfishly I need the Roughriders to win tomorrow night.

I have tickets to the West Semi-final or Final game and I can't make the game on the 17th!
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 05:10 PM   #1660
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Selfishly I need the Roughriders to win tomorrow night.

I have tickets to the West Semi-final or Final game and I can't make the game on the 17th!

NSFW!

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: