Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2018, 07:52 AM   #261
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll probably see it since I like all the actors involved.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2018, 08:06 AM   #262
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think this looks good. I actually liked Apocalypse and most of the X-Men films, judging by the trailer this looks to be better than Apocalypse but not as good as X2. There is a certain style to the X-Men films, they place somewhere in between MCU and DCEU in terms of darkness/humor. I will be sad this franchise is ending but when X-Men started in 99 I never thought it would last 20 years and at least 12 movies.

Looks like Magneto is building Genosha or some sort of Mutant colony. I heard the reshoots were to give this franchise a proper end, maybe it all ends with them discovering Logan in a bar and the cycle starts again?
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 08:19 AM   #263
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty sure you've never met a comic book movie you didn't like.
OutOfTheCube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 08:29 AM   #264
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Pretty sure you've never met a comic book movie you didn't like.
There are a few....

Old 09-27-2018, 08:38 AM   #265
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ugh...okay, that trailer was pretty good, but they'd better knock this one out of the park.

Jean Grey was the lamest X-Man, I know shes super powerful and becomes the Phoenix and all that, but man is she boring.

She seriously out-lames Cyclops which takes some considerable doing and then she falls in love with Cyclops which, just, nobody cares.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2018, 08:45 AM   #266
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

If anything it looks like they've improved on the makeup for Mystique.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 11:03 AM   #267
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

hrmm, looks alright. I'm not in love with this X-Men team though, no Wolverine, no Rogue (comic/cartoon rogue, not what we got before) and no Gambit. My three favourites are absent.

Is this the last in this saga now? With Disney taking over the film rights? I can't see them trying to salvage this with the current cast.
Old 09-27-2018, 04:24 PM   #268
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

They've done great work with Jean in the comics over the last 7-8 years after having her defining characteristic in the Silver Age being "the girl" and her defining characteristic since then (until 7-8 years ago) being "Is she dead or not this year?"

Sophie Turner is great casting for Jean and I hope she knocks it out of the park in this one. It could very well be the swan song for X-Men movies due to the merger as others have pointed out.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 07:12 PM   #269
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
I really liked this movie and never understood all the flack it took.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2018, 11:53 PM   #270
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
I really liked this movie and never understood all the flack it took.
For what it was at the time? (2003) Absolutely. I think because it had Ang Lee attached to it there were... expectations. I mean only X-men was about the only other notable Marvel film back then and F4 didnt come out until two years later.
dammage79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 07:42 AM   #271
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I liked aspects of it. I think Lee trying to make it "comicbooky" with the panel transitions was a mistake and really distracting.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 07:44 AM   #272
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
I liked aspects of it. I think Lee trying to make it "comicbooky" with the panel transitions was a mistake and really distracting.
I enjoyed the way the did the comic book transitions in RED (or was it RED 2?).
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:31 AM   #273
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just found it kinda boring, mind you it's been 10 years since I've watched it. Plus Hulk looks ridiculous especially compared to the Edward Norton version. This one he's so cartoony, and Eric Banna is too hunky to be Bruce Banner. Plus there are the hulk dogs lol. I'll give it another watch with an open mind but I don't know how much my opinion will change.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:40 PM   #274
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
I just found it kinda boring, mind you it's been 10 years since I've watched it. Plus Hulk looks ridiculous especially compared to the Edward Norton version. This one he's so cartoony, and Eric Banna is too hunky to be Bruce Banner. Plus there are the hulk dogs lol. I'll give it another watch with an open mind but I don't know how much my opinion will change.
It was pretty slow, I’ll give you that.
Old 09-28-2018, 02:06 PM   #275
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

So Fox just moved Dark Phoenix to June 2019 and moved Alita Battle Angel to February (the old Dark Phoenix slot). This is the 2nd time its moved as Dark Phoenix was originally set for release in 2018. They have also announced that Gabbit is set for a 2020 release and is also releasing a PG-13 cut of Deadpool 2 now on December 21st. People are speculating that DP2 PG13 cut is so they can release the film in China.
Old 09-28-2018, 02:51 PM   #276
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Deadpool not being rated R is wrong and shouldn't happen. Deadpool was so good because it broke that fourth wall and did it with such an un apologetic Deadpool way.

I can't get behind this PG13 rating.
Old 09-28-2018, 02:56 PM   #277
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

They delay the release date (for a second time) a day after releasing the trailer? Lots of confidence in that project... plus I think it's a movie that will get eaten alive in the summer movie season.

I'm not sure why they're scheduling release dates into 2020. Nobody can honestly be expecting Gambit to actually get made, right?
OutOfTheCube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 03:59 PM   #278
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Deadpool not being rated R is wrong and shouldn't happen. Deadpool was so good because it broke that fourth wall and did it with such an un apologetic Deadpool way.

It’s the main reason the movie got so much traction. Deadpool and R rating go together like PB&J.

It also made me hopeful that was the Venom direction... it wasn’t. Would have been a perfect build into a Carnage movie which would need an R rating as much as Deadpool does.
Old 09-29-2018, 03:39 AM   #279
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post

It's a quick cash in over the holidays and in China. Plus, if you've already seen it, who cares?
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2018, 03:45 AM   #280
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
They delay the release date (for a second time) a day after releasing the trailer? Lots of confidence in that project... plus I think it's a movie that will get eaten alive in the summer movie season.

I'm not sure why they're scheduling release dates into 2020. Nobody can honestly be expecting Gambit to actually get made, right?
They are stating that the huge buzz that trailer is getting inspired the move. They think it can get a much bigger box office, particularly in China, in the summer months.

If I'm Disney, I'd be a little upset. Surely they want as much space as possible between the fox X-Men and theirs.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote