Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-20-2019, 09:14 PM   #1981
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah Nintendo has had a weird Gen. some games like Splatoon and Smash have received amazing support while others just get left forever.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 07:06 AM   #1982
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
The lack of support for Mario Maker 2 has been mind-boggling. This is a hugely successful game basically tailor-made for on-going support, both free and paid. All it has got is one patch to add in some multiplayer features that were missing on day one, and otherwise not even a hint of further support. Where are the new course pieces, new features/modes, heck even a whole new theme would be a great paid DLC. Instead, nothing, and I feel like there won't be anything at this point.
https://ca.ign.com/videos/2019/12/02...e-master-sword
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wood For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2019, 11:32 AM   #1983
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mario Party is the one that really got left for dead.

Not a single update.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:34 AM   #1984
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I’ve played for about 3 hours...my wife has taken over the switch now though and she is playing it more than me.

Overall I like it. Pretty traditional Pokémon game. One thing I do miss now though is the Pokeball throwing mechanic from Let’s go. Feels less satisfying to just hit the button instead of having the control to aim and spin it yourself.
So an update on this.

I'm now at 5 hours played....while my wife is at 35 hours played.

I think I'm going to take advantage of the Shoppers Optimum point redemption to pick her up her own Switch Lite today.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:56 PM   #1985
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hooray! Happy to see Nintendo hasn't completely forgotten about it. Some really cool stuff in this update, especially the Zelda content and race mode on pre-made Nintendo courses. Can't wait to check it out!
Old 12-03-2019, 12:18 PM   #1986
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Haven't seen it mentioned here but Nintendo's black friday sale ends tomorrow. I was finally able to get BotW on sale, only took 2.5 years.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 11:41 AM   #1987
jwslam
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Does anyone know if this exists in a physical copy of if it is coming at all?

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/tools-up-switch/
jwslam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 01:15 PM   #1988
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
Does anyone know if this exists in a physical copy of if it is coming at all?

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/tools-up-switch/
My guess is it’s unlikely.

Unless somebody like Limited Run games does a limited edition physical release that feels like something that is a digital only game.
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2019, 12:22 PM   #1989
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

I feel like a couple of posters have mentioned owning both a switch and a switch lite. How does that work for saved data and game progress? Do you have to pretty much play the same game on one system or can you switch back and forth easily?
Old 12-07-2019, 04:43 AM   #1990
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

You can switch save files back and forth but it’s not super easy. Both Switch systems need to be on and close together, then you go to the one that has the save and hit “Transfer save data to another system” (or some option like that). Then you go to the other one and hit “Receive data from another system” — then they’ll soend a few minutes looking for each other and swapping data, which can take a while depending on how big the file is. Then it will clear the file from the first system, for some reason.

It’s not terrible but it’s certainly not super intuitive. It would be fine if you were going out of town for a week and wanted your files on the Lite, but I imagine it becoming a bit of a pain to do every day.
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2019, 11:23 AM   #1991
jwslam
Scoring Winger

Exp:

QubicGames will be providing 1 free game each day on the Nintendo Switch for 10 days starting on Dec. 15th. You'll have 24 hours to download each game before the next game appears. You also need to download each game in order for the next game to be unlocked. Having said that, you can download Robonauts for FREE now in order to started on Nintendo eShop as you MUST have owned a QubicGame before the giveaway starts on Dec.15th: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/robonauts-switch/

Apparently Colouring Book is free and simply downloading that then allows you to download Robonauts free right after.

Official announcement:
-----------------------------
10 free games in 10 days – to celebrate their 15-year anniversary, QubicGames are giving everyone the ability download 10 of their Nintendo Switch games for free along with a massive sale.

Get ready for the QubicGames 15 anniversary giveaway and sale!

Starting December 15th, 1 game will be listed as a free download and players have 24 hours to download it. Each game needs to be downloaded to ensure the next game unlocks as a free the next day.

For more details on how the giveaway works, the full list of the games or when they will be available can be found on the official competition landing page – https://qubicgames.com/15years/
jwslam is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jwslam For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2019, 11:38 AM   #1992
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nice, thanks! Grabbed the colouring book(woohoo!) and the Robonauts. Now I need to remember to check every day.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:53 PM   #1993
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sports Story (the sequel to Golf Story) announced for Switch for 2020.

Looks awesome!

And if you haven't played Golf Story you should check it out, it's excellent.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2019, 12:15 PM   #1994
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
And if you haven't played Golf Story you should check it out, it's excellent.
While I agree that Golf Story seems to be a pretty good game, I've tried multiple times to finish it and just couldn't stay interested for whatever reason. I guess it's just not my kind of game.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 12:41 PM   #1995
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Same. I like it, it's a good game, but I just lose interest after a couple hours at a time. Of course, given the story is little more than an excuse plot, I can just pick it up for a couple hours right were I left off without feeling like I missed out on something.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 12:14 PM   #1996
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another round of good deals:

https://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/games/sales-and-deals/
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 01:18 PM   #1997
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just a wee bump here to say a couple of things:

Anyone playing Ring Fit Adventure? This looked totally laughable on the release video, and only Nintendo could sell a $100 pilates ring (OK - plus a leg strap and a game). Then I read some of the reviews and thought I'd take a closer look. The overall sentiment in the reviews is: "I thought that this would be terrible but it is surprisingly good". And then I took the gamble and bought one.

Holy smokes is it good. And it actually gets your heart rate up and gives you a challenge, all while playing a very basic RPG with little battles along the way. The caveat is that I'm a 40-year-old guy, and while I used to play a lot of soccer, hip issues have kept me from paying that in recent years. I'm not sedentary by any means, but I also find the gym/bike/elliptical extremely boring. For something that I can do for a bit after the kid is in bed and not be bored out of my mind, this is proving to be a good fit. If you're a regular at the gym, you may not get as much from it. But for me (and my wife), we are finding it to be good.

And also - just would like to share a positive experience with Nintendo's service department. My pro controller was just over a year old and developed a drifting issue on my left stick. For example, Luigi would walk downwards when I wasn't pressing it down. The calibration screen showed some drifting and some inconsistent wobble when it should be fully in one direction. I tried the canned air, gently putting a bit of rubbing alcohol on the ball part, etc. and it could sometimes be solved for a session, but it would always return.

Figured I'd try Nintendo before trying to fix it myself. Apparently the warranty is only 90 days on those things (thought it would be a year), so the agent said I'd have to pay out of pocket. A bit annoyed, I asked why a known problem like that would require a charge, and I was expecting $50 or 60. He said he'd give me free shipping in both directions and also shave $10 off, but I still doubted that it would be worth it. It cost a grand total of $20, which was a pleasant surprise. 9 days after leaving my possession it returned, but it was a brand new pro controller instead!

So on one hand, their hardware could sometimes be better and the warranty longer. On the other hand, $20 to replace (or fix) a 13-month-old pro controller is pretty reasonable. Your results may vary, but before giving up on something or risking a DIY repair, give Nintendo a shot. You might be pleasantly surprised.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2020, 02:25 PM   #1998
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

I have Ring Fit, but haven't played much due to injury. It's a freaking workout.
Old 01-30-2020, 02:25 PM   #1999
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Also, all the handwringing about "Dexit" in the latest Pokemon game went for nothing. 16 million copies shipped in six weeks.
Old 01-30-2020, 02:31 PM   #2000
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, too bad. Game looks dull and easy so I never even bothered. With that kind of commercial response there's obviously no reason to try to make a better game. Series really could've used a "Skyward Sword."