Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2019, 10:21 AM   #241
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

With two helpers Monahan took the team lead in points from Tkachuk
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rando For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2019, 10:24 AM   #242
jroc
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Isn't it just a copy and paste of the original story, but edited to reflect gatorade rather than rap music? How is this fooling so many people? Haha
jroc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jroc For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2019, 10:25 AM   #243
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If you can find the full purple gatorade clip from last night, the best part is watching the trainers behind Backlund and Monahan wearily toss them towels as they are being squirted.
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 11:10 AM   #244
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Who starts in net against Carolina tomorrow?

I'm leaning Talbot, personally. He needs some more games and he was tremendous in AZ.
Wouldn't be surprised if they go with Talbot since it's a 2:00pm game, it'd be like making Rittich playing two games in 1.5 days.
Old 12-13-2019, 12:38 PM   #245
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaskal View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if they go with Talbot since it's a 2:00pm game, it'd be like making Rittich playing two games in 1.5 days.
Yeah I like this idea. The Flames next play Tuesday with the Penguins in town. Rittich was really good when the Flames played in Pittsburgh last month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 01:53 PM   #246
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Flames Fan View Post
Both Gio and Stone stayed out there. I thought for sure they'd change - and they were pinned in the zone for a while there too. Ballsy move is right.

Thought I was watching my beer league team!

Yeah, they never left the zone! But when I was watching them, they were controlling the Leafs so well they were able to conserve energy while killing a 5 on 3... amazing

I think Backs was out there for the whole 5 on 3 too, and then came back out to finish the 5 on 4? If I saw that correctly, that was nuts - as he was pressuring the Leafs really well. Then he finished off the PK with a deft flip to center opposed to smacking it for an icing? It was classic Backs cool-under-pressure
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 02:05 PM   #247
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split98 View Post
Yeah, they never left the zone! But when I was watching them, they were controlling the Leafs so well they were able to conserve energy while killing a 5 on 3... amazing

I think Backs was out there for the whole 5 on 3 too, and then came back out to finish the 5 on 4? If I saw that correctly, that was nuts - as he was pressuring the Leafs really well. Then he finished off the PK with a deft flip to center opposed to smacking it for an icing? It was classic Backs cool-under-pressure
Backlund went for the old classic 'stick is broken' routine to give them more time to rest as well. Ward had full confidence with them, and honestly the Leafs stunk it up.
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 02:09 PM   #248
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rando View Post
With two helpers Monahan took the team lead in points from Tkachuk
So when you break it down, the trick to making Monahan a true, good, team-leading number one center was making him a number two center.

Ward you damn genius.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 02:12 PM   #249
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Flames mainpage has a highlight of Hamonic's goal, but the title says Harmonic's wrist shot goal. Twice.

The mainpage.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 03:40 PM   #250
ricosuave
Threadkiller

Exp:

Lol. I read it early this morning.

Well played.
Old 12-13-2019, 03:41 PM   #251
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc View Post
Isn't it just a copy and paste of the original story, but edited to reflect gatorade rather than rap music? How is this fooling so many people? Haha

Coffee, or lack there of....
midniteowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 03:43 PM   #252
Redrum
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent Wookie View Post
A classic from HfOil
Well, what words are there when you are inferior in every possible way, down to the smallest detail? It's gotta be frustrating when the city and team you are pulling for(for some insane reason) are totally and completely void of goodness of any kind, to the point where there's really zero argument you can put forth to defend them.

If they even had one thing aside from being the joke of the league for 15 years. But even the small things like their mascot, goal horn, constipated PA guy, etc, are by far the worst in the league.
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 09:07 PM   #253
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebot View Post
Backlund went for the old classic 'stick is broken' routine to give them more time to rest as well. Ward had full confidence with them, and honestly the Leafs stunk it up.
Oh yeah!

Backs definitely rewarded that confidence, and having Backs back is gigantic - and I think 100% on Ward.

And the result was definitely the Leafs definitely stinking it up, but I honestly think those 3 played that so damn well they took huge chances away. Stone had basically eliminated that side of the ice with his stick, Gio blocked everything Rittich wasn't snagging and Backs made anything they tried to do pretty difficult.

I was REALLY into that 5 on 3...
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Split98 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2019, 12:29 AM   #254
Chingas
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricosuave View Post
Lol. I read it early this morning.

Well played.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebot View Post
Backlund was off the ice for a brief moment and came back onto the ice. I'm sure that he came out with a damaged stick on purpose. It was a master class in gamesmanship.

Also the sad leaf fans on the jumbotron was the single greatest thing I have witnessed at the dome. I couldn't stop laughing for ten minutes. It was the cherry on top of a great evening.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chingas For This Useful Post: