Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2019, 06:40 PM   #1
OmegaV4
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default A small ask.

Good evening fellow CP'ers.

I come to you all with less than happy news. As of Sunday, my poor dog Lexi has become ill. She is currently jaundice and is undergoing treatment, consisting of IV and meds. We currently do not know what the root cause is yet, however, we are keeping in good spirits.

I normally wouldn’t ask, however, my wife and I have started a fundraiser to help raise additional funds to help cover some costs.

https://www.facebook.com/donate/2327...e=external_url

Every little bit helps. My Lexi watches every Flames game with me and is one of the biggest Flames fans I know.

Please keep my dog in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you all for your time and consideration.
OmegaV4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OmegaV4 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2019, 08:08 PM   #2
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sorry to hear Omega. Wish I could support, but Lexi is in our hearts! Hope she can pull through.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:24 PM   #3
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaV4 View Post
Good evening fellow CP'ers.

I come to you all with less than happy news. As of Sunday, my poor dog Lexi has become ill. She is currently jaundice and is undergoing treatment, consisting of IV and meds. We currently do not know what the root cause is yet, however, we are keeping in good spirits.

I normally wouldn’t ask, however, my wife and I have started a fundraiser to help raise additional funds to help cover some costs.

https://www.facebook.com/donate/2327...e=external_url

Every little bit helps. My Lexi watches every Flames game with me and is one of the biggest Flames fans I know.

Please keep my dog in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you all for your time and consideration.
Sorry to hear about your dog.

CP has been burned in the past with fundraisers so if you could post some more "context" I think you'll get even more support.

ie a vet note or blood work report. It's sad that we have to ask this to help somebody but when it comes to anonymous donating it's easy to be taken advantage of.

Good luck!

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheSutterDynasty For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2019, 09:00 PM   #4
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSutterDynasty View Post

CP has been burned in the past with fundraisers so if you could post some more "context" I think you'll get even more support.

ie a vet note or blood work report. It's sad that we have to ask this to help somebody but when it comes to anonymous donating it's easy to be taken advantage of.

Good luck!
If it helps at all, I have worked with OmegaV4's wife on a volunteer project, and they are stand-up people. Sadly, this is on the level. Their pupper is this ill.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2019, 08:34 PM   #5
OmegaV4
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSutterDynasty View Post

Good luck!
No worries at all. We've seen "Fundraisers" turn out to be massive scams. I appreciate you taking the health of CP into consideration.

Hopefully this is acceptable for the legitimacy:

In regards to an update: Lexi is currently at the Vet right now underoing more treatment. We are waiting for blood work results to give us a better idea of what is going on.
The Following User Says Thank You to OmegaV4 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2019, 08:50 PM   #6
Cole436
First Line Centre

Exp:

I’m sorry you’re going through this. I can’t give much but I hope it helps.
Old 03-19-2019, 02:00 PM   #7
OmegaV4
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I thought I should give a final update on Lexi.

We received great news on Saturday that she has been cleared to come home. She is currently on a cocktail of medications, however, all signs are pointing to her improvement. A few more blood tests to confirm this, however, everything is looking up.

I want to personally thank everyone who supported and gave their thoughts and prayers.

Much love to you all.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to OmegaV4 For This Useful Post: