Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-14-2019, 09:35 AM   #381
agulati
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

It is good to see the success Dube has had in the minors so far. I hope he is getting some reps at centre too.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:51 AM   #382
IliketoPuck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Is Dube the future RW for Tkachuk/Backlund?

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 06:06 PM   #383
pagébonquiqui
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Kansas City loaned forward Jared VanWormer to Stockton today. I've been watching him all year and hoping he would finally get his shot up there. He is one of the alternate captains for the Mavericks and has been called up to 3 different AHL teams this season. He was also the Mavs all-star representative and while he has been in KC this year he has racked up 18 goals, 25 assists for 43 points in 47 games.

GAME TWEETS at @KCFlames_update
pagébonquiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pagébonquiqui For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2019, 09:11 PM   #384
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Not a great angle, but Valimaki with a beauty off the rush tonight.

https://twitter.com/statuses/1106753752428507137
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RyZ For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2019, 12:03 PM   #385
Bleeding Red
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Pretty scathing report on the Heat over at FlamesNation. Stockton is out of the playoffs again and the columnist laments both the lack of talent supplied by the Flames and the coaching.

And yet some solid/decent players have graduated (however temporarily) to the Flames - Andersson, Kylington, Mangipane, Rittich - With other notables Dube, Vilimaki, Lazar.

Leads me to ask - which is preferable from the farm team - developing good players for the NHL or Having a winning/championship minor team? (would like both, I know, but that seems a bit unlikely.) Do the Flames owe Stockton fans anything?
Bleeding Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 02:11 PM   #386
TheIronMaiden
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Red View Post
Pretty scathing report on the Heat over at FlamesNation. Stockton is out of the playoffs again and the columnist laments both the lack of talent supplied by the Flames and the coaching.

And yet some solid/decent players have graduated (however temporarily) to the Flames - Andersson, Kylington, Mangipane, Rittich - With other notables Dube, Vilimaki, Lazar.

Leads me to ask - which is preferable from the farm team - developing good players for the NHL or Having a winning/championship minor team? (would like both, I know, but that seems a bit unlikely.) Do the Flames owe Stockton fans anything?
The consistent trading away of top picks has done the Heat no favours. The outcome for the Flames has arguably been beneficial, but the outcome in the AHL is a severe lack of defence and 'top end talent'. The problems the Heat will be having have no apparent solution in coming either. The Euro players and CHL players coming in are mostly long shots at having NHL careers. Its not the end of the world, but it is a good thing that the Flames will be drafting in first round this year.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2019, 02:15 PM   #387
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Red View Post
Because the farm team is owned by the Flames, number 1 priority is developing good players.

Keeping the fans in Stockton happy is secondary and really only of some concern to them because it helps to offset the cost of running a team and keeps business partners happy (e.g. the city that owns the arena).

That being said the Flames did get some AAAA players in Stockton like Taormina, Quine, Graovac, and Robinson who have a combined guaranteed AHL salary of $1.55 million.

They are investing in the team. The results just haven't been there.