Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2009, 08:51 PM   #221
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmugger View Post
Loved the look on Ritas face when she saw Dexter break the light. Should be interesting to see how this one ends up.
Indeed. I loved the look on Dexter's face more.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:54 PM   #222
Methanolic
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Loved the look on Ritas face when she saw Dexter break the light. Should be interesting to see how this one ends up.

Rita is begining to piss me off.
Methanolic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Methanolic For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2009, 08:56 PM   #223
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I think Dexter is a good enough lier to weasel out of that one, but I'm guessing that 'lone wolf' vs 'family man' will be a theme for this season.

The shows in danger of becoming formulaic, I'd be very disappointed if the season ended with Dexter choosing family life. I'd rather see something chaotic happen (Dexter abandon the family, go to jail, etc.), than for everything to 'go back to normal' like at the ends of seasons 2 & 3. The 3rd season really suffered because the show stopped evolving, combining elements of the first two seasons and ultimately going nowhere.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:56 PM   #224
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanolic View Post
Me too, reminds me so much of my 2 ex's, hot at first and cold soon after!
T@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:58 PM   #225
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanolic View Post
How can someone so hot piss you off??

VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VANFLAMESFAN For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2009, 09:31 PM   #226
chid
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I was pretty frustrated as well with that housewife, not even a fight at all I would have kicked or punched or ran, Trinity killer isn't that young it just made no sense!
chid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:20 PM   #227
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Its clear for the suicide that the victim has to be convinced to kill herself and he has to control her. So he obviously would have threatened her family to get compliance. This is why the second killing is always a mother with kids.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 05:09 AM   #228
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Its clear for the suicide that the victim has to be convinced to kill herself and he has to control her. So he obviously would have threatened her family to get compliance. This is why the second killing is always a mother with kids.
i think it having to be a mother in her 30's with two kids is more a part of the Trinity Killer's childhood, since he called her "mommy" when looking at the body afterward. i'm guessing the young woman in the tub would be a sister and the man who is yet to be bludgeoned is the father. i'm thinking that's how Dexter is going to identify the killer, by figuring out his story

and though i don't think it'll happen, i would like the family man image shattered. i liked it better when he lived on his own, with no other responsibilities that took away from the kill. that's one thing the show has really lacked compared to the first season, it was very interesting to see Dexter identify a target, stalk his prey, then go in for the kill. it would be nice if they could get back to that
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:56 PM   #229
GreenTeaFrapp
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Holy fata! That's was the best episode in a LONG time. With an ending WAY more shocking than the season premiere.

Dexter dealing with the female cop was insanely great.
GreenTeaFrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:02 PM   #230
flip
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Just don't post any Spoilers, my PVR is set for 10pm and I can't stop myself from checking this thread.
flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:07 PM   #231
GreenTeaFrapp
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

If that's the case, I can't believe that Lundy raped Dexter while Ramon Prado looked on.
GreenTeaFrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenTeaFrapp For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2009, 11:11 PM   #232
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Very solid episode with an awesome ending. I hate havin to wait a week to find out what happens. I didnt see that coming at all. I was thinking that maybe Anton would be in the background watching what was happening, but not that.

Let the speculation begin.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:19 PM   #233
evilcougar
Self-Ban

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
Very solid episode with an awesome ending. I hate havin to wait a week to find out what happens. I didnt see that coming at all. I was thinking that maybe Anton would be in the background watching what was happening, but not that.

Yes that's exactly what i thought as well. Deb can't die. My life would be so empty without her touretts potty mouth and random threats of face/throat punching.
Someone will find them. He'll die, she'll live.
Also, i don't understand the attraction she has to Lundy. Ewwww. IMO of course.
evilcougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:20 PM   #234
flip
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

SPOILERS BELOW!!

Speculation?

You don't think anyone will possibly just say that was a coincidence that Lundy and Dex's sister got shot by a random thief.

That was obviously Trinity, who is smart enough to know that if he shoots them and doesn't take any valuables then people will be suspicious.

It all ties back to Dexter talking about the female cop understanding the process and that Dexter himself understands. Trinity clearly understands too, and knows that he has to make it look legit to avoid suspicion.

Good thing is that Lundy has the description of Trinity on his tape recorder, so even if he dies Dexter will have a lead.

On another note, I really thought Dex was going to make out with the chick in the bathroom and that was how he was going to get her in a vulnerable position, by faking attraction to her. I thought he might even say he liked the fact she was a killer.

I'm glad he didn't because I would have been chapped if he cheated on Rita, it just kind of made sense because of his sister cheating on Anton and all the other relationship stuff in the recent episodes (the Lt. and the Sgt., the other dude and the reporter etc).

Sorry, I forget names really damn quick.

Very interesting that Trinity went to a bar to get his ass kicked. That dude has some serious issues.

Also, totally random but Dexter's sister and wife are both absolutely smokin'. His sis has kind of a weird look to her but I'd plow her for sure.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:30 PM   #235
silentsim
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

RE: SPOILERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip View Post
SPOILERS BELOW!!

Speculation?

You don't think anyone will possibly just say that was a coincidence that Lundy and Dex's sister got shot by a random thief.

That was obviously Trinity, who is smart enough to know that if he shoots them and doesn't take any valuables then people will be suspicious.

It all ties back to Dexter talking about the female cop understanding the process and that Dexter himself understands. Trinity clearly understands too, and knows that he has to make it look legit to avoid suspicion.

Good thing is that Lundy has the description of Trinity on his tape recorder, so even if he dies Dexter will have a lead.

On another note, I really thought Dex was going to make out with the chick in the bathroom and that was how he was going to get her in a vulnerable position, by faking attraction to her. I thought he might even say he liked the fact she was a killer.

I'm glad he didn't because I would have been chapped if he cheated on Rita, it just kind of made sense because of his sister cheating on Anton and all the other relationship stuff in the recent episodes (the Lt. and the Sgt., the other dude and the reporter etc).

Sorry, I forget names really damn quick.

Very interesting that Trinity went to a bar to get his ass kicked. That dude has some serious issues.

Also, totally random but Dexter's sister and wife are both absolutely smokin'. His sis has kind of a weird look to her but I'd plow her for sure.

SPOILER THOUGHTS BELOW

Well my thoughts are that as you have mentioned, Trinity knows the Vacation Killers MO and duplicated it by taking Lundy's wallet. (but the antitheory to that is I don't believe that they took Debbie's purse). Some believe its Anton, but I don't quite think that to be the case. I also don't think they will make Trinity the killer of them...as it would completely throw off his patterns....

And in terms of Trinity getting his "ass kicked", I think it was him trying to identify and locate his next victim, that would be the same as the 30 year old case. Maybe something happened to him in the past in that area, so he is trying to find a target.

Last edited by silentsim; 10-18-2009 at 11:32 PM.
silentsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:30 PM   #236
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip View Post
SPOILERS BELOW!!

Speculation?

What, it couldn't be Anton?? That's where the speculation lies. I think it's more plausible that Anton could find Deb and Lundy rather than Trinity.

I think it's one of the two, but I'm with you, I'm leaning more towards Trinity but you never know for sure.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:33 PM   #237
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

MORE SPOILERS

I'll agree with those who say that was a great episode, although I must say that as soon as Trinity spotted Lundy at his next kill-site I guessed that Lundy was not long for this world. Bringing that into the same scene as Deb going back to Lundy though - that was insanely brilliant.

If Deb does end up dying here, I will be horribly, horribly disappointed. As I said last season, she's a thousand times hotter than Rita, who has too much of the dumb about her to be attractive at all - and I love the way Deb confronts idiots directly and doesn't take any crap. I was actually kinda hoping ol' Dex would dump Rita for the psycho cop - now THAT would be camouflage!

Last edited by jammies; 10-18-2009 at 11:37 PM.
jammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:34 PM   #238
flip
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
What, it couldn't be Anton?? That's where the speculation lies. I think it's more plausible that Anton could find Deb and Lundy rather than Trinity.

I think it's one of the two, but I'm with you, I'm leaning more towards Trinity but you never know for sure.

Good point. I guess for a real crazy twist it could be Anton, but I don't think he'd be smart enough to know to take the wallet and the watch so that the PO wouldn't think it was just a murder.

Edit: Right I totally forgot about the Vacation murderer. Yeah, I guess it makes sense that Trinity might want to camouflage his kill for another person's murder to raise the heat on the cops to catch the Vacation murderer and not Trinity himself.

Last edited by flip; 10-18-2009 at 11:36 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:36 PM   #239
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Quote:
Anton isn't psychologically plausible - for one, he seems a little too laid-back to be a killer, for another, if it's jealousy, you don't shoot someone from the shadows, you confront them and then work yourself up to it. Further, you'd make sure both were dead.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:41 PM   #240
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
Anton isn't psychologically plausible - for one, he seems a little too laid-back to be a killer, for another, if it's jealousy, you don't shoot someone from the shadows, you confront them and then work yourself up to it. Further, you'd make sure both were dead.
Conventional wisdom would suggest that no, it couldn't be Anton, but I'm not ruling it out.

And for the record, Rita is heads and tails hotter that Debra. She just doesn't do it for me at all. I don't like it when chicks swear like that either. Not a good feature for a lady. I'd still give her the goods though.