Exp:

The man is a legend.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barnet Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2020, 06:47 PM   #222
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is Tommy wearing a "Big Paw Paw" shirt? Legend...

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:54 PM   #223
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

STHs check your emails. OneSoccer codes have been sent out. I'm a little surprised they've been sent long before the Can PL season starts.
Old 01-31-2020, 08:06 PM   #224
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I haven't received a code in my email (checked everywhere as well), and I am a new season ticket holder
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 08:16 PM   #225
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
I haven't received a code in my email (checked everywhere as well), and I am a new season ticket holder
They might be sending them out in phases. I received mine from Cavalry FC at 4 this afternoon.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:15 PM   #226
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks for the heads up! I also received mine at 4
M*A*S*H 4077 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:27 PM   #227
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

And just in case...that’s Shaun Wright-Phillips with Tommy.
MillerTime GFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 08:46 AM   #228
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Buscher is officially gone. Signed with TuS Haltern in 4th division Germany. Big loss for the club.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1223604103114305536

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2020, 09:42 AM   #229
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I came to expect this.... aside from his love of Cavalry on Instagram, there wasn't any news on him and some indicators were there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2020, 10:15 AM   #230
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

I expected he’d leave, best of luck to him! He was favourite player from last year and I thought Cavalry’s most important player.

Someone is going to have some big shoes to fill!
M*A*S*H 4077 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M*A*S*H 4077 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2020, 11:47 AM   #231
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M*A*S*H 4077 View Post
I expected he’d leave, best of luck to him! He was favourite player from last year and I thought Cavalry’s most important player.

Mine as well. Viel Glück Julian!

Here is a google translation of the story posted by his new squad:
Haltern / Calgary, February 1, 2020 - A bang for Deadline Day in the Regionalliga-West: TuS Haltern am See sign the native Dülmener and ex-MSL player from Washington DC and LA Galaxy as well as today's professional player of the Canadian Premier League Club Calvary FC from Calgary / Canada.

The central midfielder is now eligible to play for TuS Haltern am See and supports the Seestädter in the fight for relegation in the Regionalliga West. In addition, he will start his career as a trainee in the advertising agency focused on social communication and sport by Haltern's marketing manager Raphael Brinkert and will support the development of the Hamburg agency in NRW.

"We are very pleased that we can give Julian a sporting and professional perspective that meets his individual wishes. We are absolutely convinced that he will strengthen us at the highest level in the Regionalliga West. ”Said Sascha Kopschina, Sport Director of TuS Haltern am See. “If we want to survive with Aachen, Essen and Co. as well as the U23 teams of the Bundesliga teams in the long term, we have to show our players a way that does not end with the 90 minutes on the pitch. That is precisely why we will increasingly seek cooperation with companies in the region in the future and train and train footballers in a dual manner. "

Julian Büscher: “At the end of my distance learning course in international business North America, I was looking for a club in Germany that excites me in sports, but that can also offer me a long-term perspective outside of the grass to get started at the highest level alongside football. I'm really looking forward to the time at TuS Haltern am See and in the agency. ”

The 26-year-old learned to play football in his home town of Dülmen near Adler Buldern, not far from the dam in Haltern am See, before playing for Prussia Münster and VfL Bochum in his youth. After receiving his football scholarship from Syracuse University in New York, he played for Washington DC and LA Galaxy before moving to the Canadian professional league at Calvary FC in Calgary. In 2019 Büscher was elected to the All Star Team of the Canadian League. In addition to his professional career, he studied international business at Syracuse University, which he successfully completed with a Bachelor of Science earlier this year.

Last edited by Howie_16; 02-01-2020 at 11:52 AM.
Howie_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 01:16 PM   #232
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M*A*S*H 4077 View Post

Disappointed, but not surprised that he is going home. Thought he would do better than Div 4 regionalliga though. Figured he was a starter/first bench option in 3. Liga and depth in a weaker 2. Liga team. Hopefully a stepping stone for him.

That says, this leaves a gaping hole in the midfield. Priority has to be the best quality ball winning midfielder that Tommy can get his hands on. I rate Ledgerwood and Adekugbe (I have a Ledge jersey), but need a third top level option to compete in CanPL and Canadian Championship, especially as injuries and schedule crowding happen.

Losing Malonga, Escalante, and Buscher is going to be very challenging. I like the Cordova signing, and hope two more solid new signings to replace the latter two are coming.

Also really hoping we see Mavila, Northover, and Hamilton again. Liked what I saw out of Patino as a bench option too.
Thunderball is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thunderball For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2020, 03:04 PM   #233
ditty
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
Disappointed, but not surprised that he is going home. Thought he would do better than Div 4 regionalliga though. Figured he was a starter/first bench option in 3. Liga and depth in a weaker 2. Liga team. Hopefully a stepping stone for him.
Last year, Büscher trialled with a bigger Regionalliga (4th tier) club, Rot Weiss Essen, shortly before he signed with us last season. His new club, Tus Haltern, is a smaller club at this level. They were just promoted last season and are currently sitting just above the relegation zone.

I also rated him highly with us last season but I'm not too surprised this is the level he's ended up at. When you think of our other imports, i.e. Mavila, Brown, Minatel, even Malonga, they came to us from similar levels. At the same time I think he's definitely capable of being an impactful player at a higher level. But it's important to note in that article that he'll also be working as a trainee in an advertising agency so it sounds like a career off the pitch was also a consideration.

Last edited by ditty; 02-01-2020 at 03:06 PM.
ditty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ditty For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2020, 04:40 PM   #234
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie_16 View Post
Mine as well. Viel Glück Julian!

Here is a google translation of the story posted by his new squad:
blah blah blah
Pretty hard for Cavalry to compete with that, as it definitely seems to be someone shifting their focus to what's next for them after soccer and landing in a great spot.

Who would be our free kick taker as of now? Definitely a big hole to fill.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 08:48 AM   #235
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1223995942468292609

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2020, 09:18 AM   #236
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
Sounds like our Escalante and Buscher successors! Looking forward to hearing who they are!
Thunderball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 04:53 PM   #237
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am super pumped to see who these two 'big' signings are. So exciting!

On a related note, God I love this team and this league.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2020, 07:17 PM   #238
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
I am super pumped to see who these two 'big' signings are. So exciting!

On a related note, God I love this team and this league.
I didn't know what to think when it was first announced. I can't get enough of the CPL now.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnny199r For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2020, 10:04 PM   #239
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199r View Post
I didn't know what to think when it was first announced. I can't get enough of the CPL now.
As someone said previously, it's pretty cool being part of the global soccer machine.

It just feels good that it's our club. It's our league.

As amazing as the calibre of soccer is in Europe and elsewhere, following clubs overseas feels both literally and metaphorically distant. And watching a live match (especially in a venue as nice as Spruce Meadows) is infinitely better than watching a match on TV.
Old 02-02-2020, 10:21 PM   #240
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper is King View Post
As someone said previously, it's pretty cool being part of the global soccer machine.

It just feels good that it's our club. It's our league.

As amazing as the calibre of soccer is in Europe and elsewhere, following clubs overseas feels both literally and metaphorically distant. And watching a live match (especially in a venue as nice as Spruce Meadows) is infinitely better than watching a match on TV.
Also, as the league grows, it will attract, develop and promote better players both Canadian and international. I'm hoping with more teams, more international attention, and a growing salary cap, the league becomes a desired proving ground for many players and a top choice priority for players to play in when looking at their soccer career. I have a large suspicion that a player like Jair Cordova is a good example of this - coming to a league that has proved itself and in a market that seems to be attracting attention from and exposure to MLS and Europe.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:

Tags
fc edmonton is no good , footie , go cavs