Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #101
cral12
First Line Centre

Exp:

^^Further to the above, there is a clicking noise you can hear several times an hour; seems like it wants to start, but doesn't - at least right away. Is this maybe an ignitor issue?
Old 04-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #102
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

Flame sensor needs cleaning.....#1 issue with lennox
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #103
cral12
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERLAST View Post
Flame sensor needs cleaning.....#1 issue with lennox
Thanks Everlast - I take it best done by a technician?
Old 04-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #104
Madman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cral12 View Post
Thanks Everlast - I take it best done by a technician?
Best done by a Keith - you won't regret it and it's worth every penny nickel.
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Madman For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #105
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So I have a question about the whole "Change your filter monthly" thing.

I bought some cheap fibreglass filters, put one in about 2 months ago, and when I look at it now, it looks almost brand new. Very few particles are caught in it.

Can you briefly explain why I need to change it even if it doesn't look like it needs changing? Thanks.
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #106
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

G

you have got to have one of the following rare conditions going right for you.

1/ already clean ducts
2/ a very good slave/housekeeper/clean house
3/ no pets dragging in dirt and spreading around mites, dander, hair and or some either kind of particulate.
4/ all of the above

the dirtier those filters get the thicker they become trapping more airborne particulate making for a much less efficient appliance.....thicker filters create situations where the heating and cooling of your home takes longer and require more energy.

Regardless, all styles, types of filter require monthly maintenance unless you WANT to dust more and be more susceptible to upper respiratory illnesses. Hope this answers your question
Old 04-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #107
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hey Keith. Another referral coming your way
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:42 AM   #108
cral12
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman View Post
Best done by a Keith - you won't regret it and it's worth every penny nickel.
PM sent!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:18 PM   #109
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hey Keith,

Both referrals I gave you are very very happy with your service. 2 new repeat clients and I'm sure more referrals will be coming your way.
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:45 PM   #110
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH for the referrals as I am thrilled with the opportunity to be of help.

Having the work is especially great right now as it is really slow for me at work right now and I am desperate for the work right now.

Keith
Old 05-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #111
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just want to tell people in all honesty ....be very careful who you hire in the H VAC INDUSTRY .......I have never heard so many horror stories in my life from customers, realtors and home inspectors in the last 2 years.

Most of these stories come from customers using coupons or these group-on deals...pretty scary stuff.

Keith
Old 05-11-2012, 12:01 AM   #112
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Looking forward to having Keith in tomorrow (Friday) to do our place.

I'll be sure to post my thoughts and comments after. I'm sure it'll all be positive.
RedMileDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #113
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Keith came to my home today to do his work. I wasn't present during the maintenance, but my wife was. She has had nothing but positive comments, so here are a few:

- He's a really nice guy.
- He explained what he was going to do before he started.
- He worked efficiently.
- If it wasn't for the noise of the machinery, you would never know he was here.
- Gave us some pointers for on-going maintenance. Ie: humidifier, furnace filters.
- He did our furnace and all of our ducts in approximately an hour and a half. We live in a 2 storey home, that is about 1100 square feet.

My wife and I would would HIGHLY recommend you get Keith to clean your furnace and ducts. Being that this is the first time that we've had this done, and the house is over 10 years old, we are very impressed and happy with the quality of the work.

Thanks again, Keith!

Last edited by RedMileDJ; 05-11-2012 at 07:45 PM.
RedMileDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedMileDJ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #114
Badgers Nose
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am getting a new inducer today and have Keith booked for Wednesday. Lennox is doing the fix.

Maybe I should have waited? But a broken inducer needs to be fixed either way. Right?
Badgers Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #115
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

if waiting couldnt be helped then yes get it replaced. I just hope you are NOT having "service experts" out to do the work....bunch of crooked vulchers IMO. Anything over $275 is basically rape....and enormous markup and profit.

How old is that furnace?? Under 5 years?? if it is then the inducer motor is free and all you pay is the callout and labour charge.....warranty covers the part.

I am really unimpressed with Lennox as a whole ....the 2012 models are complete junk....I do warranty work on them and the high efficient s are already leaking condensate and blowing control boards on several of my customers ....Lennox wholesalers aren't standing behind their product as they should either.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:27 PM   #116
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just a quick furnace FYI for all of you who have Cat litter boxes and or dryers by your furnaces >>>>>>

All furnaces with Ignitors have their ignitors lifespan shortened by 50% or 1/2 when in the presence of Cat litter dust and dryers when using fabric softener sheets.

The residue from the litter dust and the dryer softener sheets puts enough particulate in the air it coats the ignitor and then it has to try and burn off that residue.

Most of the time it doesn't get entirely burnt off and weakens the element.
Allot of people are getting completely ripped of by companies that negligently over charge for service calls, parts and warranty on Ignitors .

Never pay more than $200.00 on this service ......get it quoted up front first to eliminate doubts about the cost and the warranty. Companies NOT offering at least 1 year on parts arent worth YOUR money.

Lifespan on any ignitor is between 5-7 years depending upon the environment .....if you have fallen victim to companies changing yours every 3 years....dont use them anymore.

Keith

Last edited by EVERLAST; 05-24-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #117
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgers Nose View Post
I am getting a new inducer today and have Keith booked for Wednesday. Lennox is doing the fix.

Maybe I should have waited? But a broken inducer needs to be fixed either way. Right?
Thanks Badger for the work......just a few points about the things I noticed after you had a Lennox dealer into FIX your furnace.

1/ Your wife said the technician couldn't get out of the house FAST enough
2/ Upon arriving I noticed during my inspection that 2 of the 2 BOTH 5/16" blower bolts were missing!!! The company you hired missed this entirely. I found them hidden between the furnace and the return air side of the furnace and replaced them for you.
3/ Loose wiring on the new plug to your NEW inducer motor....fixed by me.
4/ Replacing the inducer motor is one thing but the technician had the opportunity to really makes things right by cleaning your flame sensor as a part of the service...he did not!! I did....that is a standard part of the service. 3rd thing not done by them.

5/Pleated filters.....NEVER USE pleated filters as you are adding a minimum 30% more to your electrical and gas bill as it takes 2wice as long to heat your house...especially 3m filters.

Things that are as simple as this to talk about werent discussed with your wife or you I am going to assume ....its sad. Personally I'd never have them back ....those are things that ARE a big deal at the end of the day when it comes to your paying hard earned money.

any questions feel free to ask .....this goes for ANYBODY.....
The Following User Says Thank You to EVERLAST For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #118
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

nm

Last edited by EVERLAST; 04-07-2013 at 07:49 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #119
Badgers Nose
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERLAST View Post
Thanks Badger for the work......just a few points about the things I noticed after you had a Lennox dealer into FIX your furnace.

1/ Your wife said the technician couldn't get out of the house FAST enough
2/ Upon arriving I noticed during my inspection that 2 of the 2 BOTH 5/16" blower bolts were missing!!! The company you hired missed this entirely. I found them hidden between the furnace and the return air side of the furnace and replaced them for you.
3/ Loose wiring on the new plug to your NEW inducer motor....fixed by me.
4/ Replacing the inducer motor is one thing but the technician had the opportunity to really makes things right by cleaning your flame sensor as a part of the service...he did not!! I did....that is a standard part of the service. 3rd thing not done by them.

5/Pleated filters.....NEVER USE pleated filters as you are adding a minimum 30% more to your electrical and gas bill as it takes 2wice as long to heat your house...especially 3m filters.

Things that are as simple as this to talk about werent discussed with your wife or you I am going to assume ....its sad. Personally I'd never have them back ....those are things that ARE a big deal at the end of the day when it comes to your paying hard earned money.

any questions feel free to ask .....this goes for ANYBODY.....
Keith is every bit as good as his rep here suggests. We won't use anyone else anymore, and I'll get my family and friends using his services.

The air in my house is better now.
Badgers Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Badgers Nose For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #120
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

THANK YOU TO ALL OF MY CALGARY PUCK CUSTOMERS .....i HAVE HAD 1 CP'ER every day for the past 5 working days which accounts for 75% OF MY WORK .....I can pay my bills with your skrills which is pretty cool by the way.....

Greatly appreciated for this and all of the wonderful testimonials..THXC

Keith

Last edited by EVERLAST; 05-31-2012 at 05:10 PM.