Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2019, 06:32 PM   #201
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Renata D'Aliesio@RenataDAliesio
RCMP located a row boat on the shore of the Nelson River on Friday, which is why divers are being sent to Gillam. Our story
@meltait will be online soon

RCMP don't know whether the boat was used by two suspects wanted in three killings in Northern B.C., but are investigating the possibility.

We @meltait were turned away from the area this afternoon by tactical officers. The boat was severely damaged and appeared to have gone through the rapids.

RCMP have not yet confirmed who the row boat belongs to.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 07:15 PM   #202
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Measuring on Google Earth, the narrowest point is at the bridge at about 330m. Then the river gets much wider to about 1-3km. That's a tough search.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 01:59 AM   #203
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

My initial thought on the divers was that it would be for the murderers, but it is very possible that it's for new victim(s)

One would think that news of another person would have leaked out by now, but not necessarily. Going to the media probably isn't a top priority for family & friends, especially if the RCMP advise them not to (though I'm not sure the RCMP would really want to hide it).

Seems unclear exactly where on the river/lake they are looking...hard to see anything resembling rapids on such a big river with so many hydro stations...
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 03:46 AM   #204
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

If these kids are still alive and are caught alive it's going to be one hell of a movie!
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 06:50 AM   #205
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post
York landing isn't on the road from Thompson to gillam, the only ways to get there are by ferry, plane, or on foot through the bush. Not that I'm coming out in support of this conspiracy theory because I'm not, but if they were ever there they would have had to get there walking through straight heavy bush back from their burnt out rav 4 in Gilliam.
Yes fair enough. I was exaggerating the comment of “they were never even near there”. It’s not like the tip came in saying they saw them in Yellowknife.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 08:56 AM   #206
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
If these kids are still alive and are caught alive it's going to be one hell of a movie!
No it won't. Two idiots kill some random innocent people and then hide in the woods. Riveting.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 10:54 AM   #207
tkflames
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
No it won't. Two idiots kill some random innocent people and then hide in the woods. Riveting.
Rinse and repeat twice with many more cowardly killings and you have the Ted Bundy original, the new Ted Bundy movie, the Netflix series and countless other shows. Likewise "Into the wild" is not far off...What these kids are accused of doing is disgusting...but if you think some ambulance chasing script writer wont find a way to monetize this...you need to give your head a shake.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:21 AM   #208
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsawwassen View Post
"The OPP said they received a tip on Wednesday morning about a small white car driving through a construction zone on Hwy. 11 in Kapuskasing, Ont., located nearly 500 kilometres north of Sudbury and more than 2,300 kilometres southeast of the fugitives’ last known location in Gillam, Man."

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/ont-po...nues-1.4532709
Question for Azure and Browna:

What's the agenda behind this tip or any other of the other 100's of false tips received by the RCMP?

I'm shocked by your assertions that the Bear Clan Patrol claims are false and are based on an agenda to raise money and the profile of the organisation.

There is no real evidence of this and you two post this stuff as if there were facts, not only speculation.

Why are only the indigenous group's motivation being questioned?

Why is no one questioning the original posters for asserting "the Indians are just after money". Incredible.

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

Last edited by longsuffering; 08-04-2019 at 11:24 AM.
longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to longsuffering For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2019, 11:50 AM   #209
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkflames View Post
Rinse and repeat twice with many more cowardly killings and you have the Ted Bundy original, the new Ted Bundy movie, the Netflix series and countless other shows. Likewise "Into the wild" is not far off...What these kids are accused of doing is disgusting...but if you think some ambulance chasing script writer wont find a way to monetize this...you need to give your head a shake.

Well, it's really criticizing any movie that glamourizes crime. Unless they have been corpses since their last sighting, it is interesting how they've managed to stay hidden and alive. For all practical purposes though, they are probably dead unless they've managed to kidnap somebody within the community or are hidden in a crawlspace or outhouse that wasn't thoroughly checked Still, it's odd that they haven't spotted footprints or any kind of tire tracks leading away from the burnt out wreck.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 12:52 PM   #210
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

I thought I read the area they are believed to be is tough terrain but also has lots of remote and isolated cabins. An easy hiding spot would be to break in to one of the cabins and just stay there for as long as reasonably possible
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 01:25 PM   #211
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

I would imagine cabins would be the first target of law enforcement as they move throughout.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 02:23 PM   #212
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1158090343532965889
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2019, 02:43 PM   #213
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Soooooo many questions arise from the boat:

1. Is it even related to them? - probably
2a. Was the damage pre-existing? Did they find the boat in that condition and set it off on the river as misdirection? Maybe they still used it to cross and then released it (hard to imagine without paddles?
2b. Did the damage occur while they were using it? Not sure of 'rapids' or even big rocks on a river of that size with so many hydro stations? The damage itself is interesting...the front end looks undented...could it have gone through a hydro station?
2c. Did the damage occur after they used it?
3. Outboard motor? If no, one would need good paddles to make it at all useful...I presume SOP is to have paddles in you boat in case of engine trouble. If yes, where is it now? Tied to somebody's ankle?

If the supposition is that the tall guys died in the water, isn't a body likely to float and wash up? Or get caught up at a hydro station (though I presume they have grates to protect against large debris)?
Old 08-04-2019, 03:39 PM   #214
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
Soooooo many questions arise from the boat:

1. Is it even related to them? - probably

What makes you say probably?

Lots of old little boats/canoes ditched on shorelines up north. Finding out isn’t out of the ordinary.
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 03:49 PM   #215
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
But that's not what I said. There's quite a difference between someone being willing to write a screenplay about pretty much anything and it being "one hell of a movie!"
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2019, 04:22 PM   #216
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
But that's not what I said. There's quite a difference between someone being willing to write a screenplay about pretty much anything and it being "one hell of a movie!"
90% of these "OMG this is so crazy it has to be made into a movie!!!" real life stories are not great "movie stories". This happens every time there's something major in sports or life, people say "This would make a crazy movie!!!!".

No, because you're competing against an industry that literally makes up crazy instances for a living. Real life stories can make decent documentaries, but rarely captures the general public if they go the full Hollywood movie route.

People just don't care if it's real or not when it comes to movies. If it's real and interesting, make a documentary.

Last edited by jayswin; 08-04-2019 at 04:27 PM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 04:45 PM   #217
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
90% of these "OMG this is so crazy it has to be made into a movie!!!" real life stories are not great "movie stories". This happens every time there's something major in sports or life, people say "This would make a crazy movie!!!!".

No, because you're competing against an industry that literally makes up crazy instances for a living. Real life stories can make decent documentaries, but rarely captures the general public if they go the full Hollywood movie route.

People just don't care if it's real or not when it comes to movies. If it's real and interesting, make a documentary.
Unrelated but related

Last edited by nik-; 08-04-2019 at 04:50 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2019, 05:23 PM   #218
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
What makes you say probably?

Lots of old little boats/canoes ditched on shorelines up north. Finding out isn’t out of the ordinary.

Presumably the RCMP have already been up and down every nearby riverbank/shoreline, so it’s likely a recent event of that boat finding that exact location. Of course, if it was the first time RCMP searched that spot, the odds go down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2019, 05:40 PM   #219
tkflames
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
Presumably the RCMP have already been up and down every nearby riverbank/shoreline, so it’s likely a recent event of that boat finding that exact location. Of course, if it was the first time RCMP searched that spot, the odds go down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There was a story a couple of days about two germans that had to hike 100km out of that area after their boat got destroyed. Super interesting insight about how difficult the area is, but definitely shows that a damaged boat does not necessarily imply a connection.

The RCMP showing a photo of the boat makes me think one of two things.

1) They found some other clues surrounding this and this is real progress to keep moral up.

2) They want to close this clue off quickly with someone raiding their had saying I abandoned my boat a month ago and this is it.

I think option 2 is more likely. It is absolutely shocking to me yay there is seemingly no trail or tracks that have been identified. I personally believe that they had a Plan B (possibly using a boat to get downriver quick). If not...they are probably dead.
Old 08-04-2019, 06:52 PM   #220
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
There was a story a couple of days about two germans that had to hike 100km out of that area after their boat got destroyed. Super interesting insight about how difficult the area is, but definitely shows that a damaged boat does not necessarily imply a connection.

The RCMP showing a photo of the boat makes me think one of two things.

1) They found some other clues surrounding this and this is real progress to keep moral up.

2) They want to close this clue off quickly with someone raiding their had saying I abandoned my boat a month ago and this is it.

I think option 2 is more likely. It is absolutely shocking to me yay there is seemingly no trail or tracks that have been identified. I personally believe that they had a Plan B (possibly using a boat to get downriver quick). If not...they are probably dead.

Speaking of tourists, could they have carjacked and disappeared some tourists and they just haven’t been reported missing yet. Fits their m/o
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote