Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2020, 12:04 PM   #541
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

From what I have seen it looks like The Source and Shoppers Drug Mart (? lol) are doing better at this whole thing. People getting shipping notices or emails to pick up. What the hell is Best Buy/Amazon/Wal Mart doing here?
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 12:26 PM   #542
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbo View Post
From what I have seen it looks like The Source and Shoppers Drug Mart (? lol) are doing better at this whole thing. People getting shipping notices or emails to pick up. What the hell is Best Buy/Amazon/Wal Mart doing here?
I know the Source in Canada will probably get some #### from Microsoft as they have shipped out at least 1 series S to a pre-order customer.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 12:40 PM   #543
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Pre-ordering consoles from Amazon has been a huge mess.

- They didn't have the pre-orders ready when they were announced
- You couldn't search for the XBox or PS5
- The product page doesn't even have a release date
- The games are expected to arrive 4-6 days after they are released
- Who knows if those that pre-ordered are getting a console especially when an email went out saying they may miss the release date but one will come "eventually"

Such a weird state of affairs for maybe one of the bigger (biggest??) retailers in the world.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 12:44 PM   #544
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Unlike Xbox Series X/S, you can't even temporarily store PS5 games on an external drive, although you can set one as the default for PS4 games.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/yo.../1100-6484139/

Seems like a pretty trivial thing to allow your users to do.
Old 11-08-2020, 11:08 PM   #545
sleepingmoose
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I got notice today that my PS5 pre-order from the Source shipped - decent chance it arrives on or before November 12. The Source has done a good job with this.
sleepingmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sleepingmoose For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2020, 08:45 AM   #546
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah I’ve got Series S with BestBuy, and other than the fact that my credit card had an authorized charge last week (which now seems to have disappeared) I’ve got nothing to indicate it’ll arrive tomorrow.

The order says in progress, so hopefully that shifts to “shipped” pretty dang quick.
Regular_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 08:51 AM   #547
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
I know the Source in Canada will probably get some #### from Microsoft as they have shipped out at least 1 series S to a pre-order customer.
This is where I don't get Sony / Microsoft sometimes.

Honestly they should give the retailers the go ahead to ship the consoles a day or two earlier than usual to ensure that the pre-orders arrive on launch day.

Units are all out in the wild anyways, reviews and stuff are all in, who is it hurting if customers get their console a day or two earlier than launch day.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 09:06 AM   #548
uofaflamesfan
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingmoose View Post
I got notice today that my PS5 pre-order from the Source shipped - decent chance it arrives on or before November 12. The Source has done a good job with this.
Same here, I can't get the tracking number to show any details on their site so who knows if it is just in process or actually shipped.

Fingers crossed it shows up this week!
uofaflamesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 09:19 AM   #549
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
This is where I don't get Sony / Microsoft sometimes.

Honestly they should give the retailers the go ahead to ship the consoles a day or two earlier than usual to ensure that the pre-orders arrive on launch day.

Units are all out in the wild anyways, reviews and stuff are all in, who is it hurting if customers get their console a day or two earlier than launch day.
That was just me guessing, Microsoft has actually came out and said the following:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1325234011036397569
The Following User Says Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2020, 09:38 AM   #550
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

EB Games just sent me my shipping confirmation for my Series X!
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 10:21 AM   #551
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
EB Games just sent me my shipping confirmation for my Series X!

Nice!

Nothing on my end yet from Best Buy
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bax For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2020, 10:37 AM   #552
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man I have really been struggling to try and secure a PS5. What do people suggest in order to ensure I can get one sooner than later (fingers crossed before Christmas).

I google it multiple times daily and check various websites. I failed to get one during the Superstore pre-order which involved me getting up at 2:00am to try on their website.

Is there a good site or a good follow online to try and get to the front of the line? I see toysRus will be selling online at 7AM Thursday. Any other retailers have new systems to sell Thursday?

Thanks in advance
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 10:51 AM   #553
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
Nice!

Nothing on my end yet from Best Buy
Bestbuy, if I remember was a coupe days late on my One X as well. Strangely enough I got my shipping notice for my 1TB expansion card Sunday morning.

Hopefully the Series X gets shipped out soon.
bax
Old 11-09-2020, 11:03 AM   #554
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Man I have really been struggling to try and secure a PS5. What do people suggest in order to ensure I can get one sooner than later (fingers crossed before Christmas).

I google it multiple times daily and check various websites. I failed to get one during the Superstore pre-order which involved me getting up at 2:00am to try on their website.

Is there a good site or a good follow online to try and get to the front of the line? I see toysRus will be selling online at 7AM Thursday. Any other retailers have new systems to sell Thursday?

Thanks in advance
I remember reading or hearing that another retailer would be selling consoles launch day online first thing in the morning, possibly Staples? but I can't for the life of me remember.

Edit: FYI for anyone who pre-ordered with BestBuy. Looking back at my One X order from best buy, I was sent my shipping info the day before release and got my Xbox 3 days later.
Shipped Date: Nov 6, 2017
Release Date: Nov 7, 2017
Received Date: Nov 9, 2017

Last edited by Since1984; 11-09-2020 at 11:22 AM.
Old 11-09-2020, 11:19 AM   #555
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post

Thanks in advance
Follow https://twitter.com/lbabinz?s=21 on Twitter. Join their Discord, and set notifications up for the PlayStation group - the moment somewhere gets them in stock, these guys update Twitter/Discord.

And yeah, get ready for launch day on Thursday!
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2020, 11:25 AM   #556
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
I remember reading or hearing that another retailer would be selling consoles launch day online first thing in the morning, possibly Staples? but I can't for the life of me remember.

Edit: FYI for anyone who pre-ordered with BestBuy. Looking back at my One X order from best buy, I was sent my shipping info the day before release and got my Xbox 3 days later.
Shipped Date: Nov 6, 2017
Release Date: Nov 7, 2017
Received Date: Nov 9, 2017
Dang, my hopes when I ordered back in Sept was to have it on release date, I'm taking half this week off to use up some PTO, I was hoping to spend part of that playing.
Regular_John is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Regular_John For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2020, 11:35 AM   #557
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydorn View Post
Dang, my hopes when I ordered back in Sept was to have it on release date, I'm taking half this week off to use up some PTO, I was hoping to spend part of that playing.
Yeah, wish I would have got my pre-order through The Source but oh well, at least we got one secured.
Old 11-09-2020, 12:04 PM   #558
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

As we go into the final stretch, here are some numbers for the previous generation/Thunderdome. XBOX and PS4 with about 7 full years, the Switch with about 3.5 years. From vgchartz with some estimations with XBOX having stopped press releasing numbers long ago.

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2020, 12:56 PM   #559
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

My PS5 shipped from the source on Friday...I also pre-ordered a Switch with them when it launched and had it on my doorstep on launch day.

Source seems to be the place to go for launches...although maybe I should just keep it to myself! Next time it will probably be swamped and 2 weeks late.
Old 11-09-2020, 01:09 PM   #560
sfpipes
Farm Team Player

Exp:

With my dual sense controller that I ordered, I got the shipping notice the Wednesday evening and received the controller Friday. So if get the shipping notice from Best Buy today or tomorrow, I'm fairly confident I should have my PS5 on launch day or at least before the weekend. That's good enough for me.
sfpipes is offline   Reply With Quote