Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-23-2019, 11:54 AM   #5441
Jimmy Stang
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
Maybe you have two problems, a bad fan and something is loose. Easy to find out remove the fan assembly and give it battery power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speede5 View Post
The Mazda 3 has a electric power steering pump in the right front behind the bumper. Would be in the same location you are describing. Does the pitch change when you move the wheel? Might be your problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timun View Post
If it's happening concurrent with the rad fan it could be the air conditioning compressor...
Thanks all. So once I got home and jacked it up, I started touching different areas to see where the noise was coming from. It turns out that one of the plastic covers got pushed back (probably from the deep puddles on my drive) and got wedged behind another. That forced a piece to be pushed up against the side of the AC compressor, creating the loud, intermittent noise and vibration.

Pulled the panels back into place. Done and done! A no-cost, easy fix. The best kind.

Thanks again for the suggestions!
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2019, 07:19 AM   #5442
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Hate-Hulse View Post
Huh. I had noticed a few BMW's running around town with these and figured it was some sort of factory M option, since BMW loves to slap M branding on anything lately:

Then I saw one on an ancient 335i and realized it's just a $10 decal...

https://www.amazon.com/Wandkings-Gri.../dp/B0107WKYV0

Kinda of liked them when I thought they were OEM on genuine M late model vehicles, but seeing this I get the sense this is going to be the next "Type-R" badge....
I don't think those were ever OEM. Not all of them are cheap decals as IND Distribution actually paints the factory grilles.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 10:39 PM   #5443
cral12
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

re: timing belt change

Guess not something you want to play with (this is for my 2010 Acura ZDX), but curious as to why this American site "OpenBay" has it as replacing every 105,000 miles.
https://www.openbay.com/maintenance/acura-zdx

Acura recommendations:
Replace timing belt and inspect water pump
If you drive regularly in very high temperatures (over 110°F, 43°C), in very low temperatures (under -20°F, -29°C), or tow a trailer, replace every 60,000 miles (U.S.)/100,000 km (Canada).

(guess it irks me to have to drop approximately 1G on this)
Old 06-30-2019, 07:30 AM   #5444
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Every 100 000km around here is pretty standard for timing belts. I'd start getting nervous above that. And may as well do the water pump at the same time.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2019, 12:15 PM   #5445
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

The Goodwood FOS is this weekend. They’ve debuted a bunch of cars today including this stunner from De Tomaso.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2019, 01:00 PM   #5446
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got my car back from ZR Auto today. Man, is she ever looking good. Those folks do some fine work there. It was also neat that every time I walked into their shop, they had some different amazing supercars there to look at.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:00 PM   #5447
REDVAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cral12 View Post
re: timing belt change

Guess not something you want to play with (this is for my 2010 Acura ZDX), but curious as to why this American site "OpenBay" has it as replacing every 105,000 miles.
https://www.openbay.com/maintenance/acura-zdx

Acura recommendations:
Replace timing belt and inspect water pump
If you drive regularly in very high temperatures (over 110°F, 43°C), in very low temperatures (under -20°F, -29°C), or tow a trailer, replace every 60,000 miles (U.S.)/100,000 km (Canada).

(guess it irks me to have to drop approximately 1G on this)
We had our 2010 MDX done at a non-dealer shop at 110km, and it was only $800ish IIRC, including water pump etc. I suppose they're not *ACURA PARTS* but I don't know if that really matters on a 10 year old vehicle.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:14 PM   #5448
Sliver
PC LOAD LETTER

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Got my car back from ZR Auto today. Man, is she ever looking good. Those folks do some fine work there. It was also neat that every time I walked into their shop, they had some different amazing supercars there to look at.
Yeah, they're great. I've had them service a couple of my vehicles, as well as apply 3M and some stripes. You'd kind of think they'd be really pricey or out of reach because of all the super car stuff they do, but they're totally reasonable.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 03:40 PM   #5449
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Yeah, they're great. I've had them service a couple of my vehicles, as well as apply 3M and some stripes. You'd kind of think they'd be really pricey or out of reach because of all the super car stuff they do, but they're totally reasonable.
Well, this was a 'pricey' trip (to me, at any rate) as I had a lot of work done. Paint correction, detail, ceramic coating and had them re-do my 3M. But I am so impressed with how good my car looks right now. Every single paint issue is gone. They promised that she'd come back "Looking like a 2020 in the show room", and they weren't lying.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote