Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-12-2019, 09:37 AM   #7181
topfiverecords
Franchise Player
 
topfiverecords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PepsiFree's Head
Exp:
Default

Front plates save lives.
__________________
It’s awfully drafty in here.
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:41 AM   #7182
Matt Reeeeead
Crash and Bang Winger
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Exp:
Default

As the parent of a 1.5 year old....

Can't stand strollers. Hate using them, hate navigating through crowds, hate inconveniencing others, and quite frankly being driven around looks super boring for the kid with no engagement.

I try to push my kid to walk as much as she can and wants to, and when she can't or we are moving too slow, I carry her. I'm not muscle man, but being able to switch arms or put her on my head, I can very easily last long periods of time doing this especially when there are breaks built into sitting down and such.

Its literally faster, easier, and better for everyone doing this, and I totally agree with the gear grinder. Its the mentality most people have of trying to put the bare minimum effort into literally everything, and it makes them completely dull and uninteresting in many other walks of life.
Matt Reeeeead is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matt Reeeeead For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2019, 09:46 AM   #7183
Sliver
PC LOAD LETTER
 
Sliver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Exp:
Default

How can you hate strollers? My kids are 13 and 11 and I still miss their strollers. I was looking into one of those big ones for special needs kids once mine grew out of any normal size stroller, but my wife put her foot down. Such a sweet place to hold all your stuff, you don't have walk at a snail's pace while your toddler struggles along, and they have cup holders.

Agree on the GG about dopes with the double wides, though. Those were annoying AF even back when my kids where little. If you need to seat two kids, get a stroller where one seat is behind the other.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2019, 10:28 AM   #7184
Titan
First Line Centre
 
Titan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
I've always called those things "Tot Tanks"...generally 'cause they are huge, and the person 'driving' them treats them like they are heavily armored and ready to run folks over, so you better give 'em the right of way.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
You will be happier than a squirrel on a date with another, but sexier, squirrel, or a slumming mink with a squirrel fetish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
It's like losing a game of tic-tac-toe to a lobotomized chicken.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Titan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2019, 10:29 AM   #7185
you&me
Backup Goalie
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
That's actually one of the strollers we have.

Where can I purchase this new accessory?
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:31 AM   #7186
Titan
First Line Centre
 
Titan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Hah, I love to hate aggressive, needless road rage. I was on the east side of 8th St. at the corner of 17th over by the Best Buy the other day and I watched a car get cut off while crossing 17th going south by a truck which went straight through the intersection in the turning lane. The car beeped at the truck, and the truck driver got so mad that he stopped on a one-lane-each-way road, right after an intersection, and jumped out of his truck and started pounding on the window of the car and screaming. Then he flipped me off too when I shouted at him to back off! All the while, no cars were able to get through 8th because this idiot held everything up.

Now I'm mad again.
Just start videoing and then call 911. This #### has to stop.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
You will be happier than a squirrel on a date with another, but sexier, squirrel, or a slumming mink with a squirrel fetish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
It's like losing a game of tic-tac-toe to a lobotomized chicken.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:52 AM   #7187
Titan
First Line Centre
 
Titan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Exp:
Default

This hits a little close to home. My kid was just starting to drive on her own. She was turning onto 52. Saw a car at the lights and thought she had lots of time. He tears off the line way too fast so her turn was a little close. Maybe her fault, maybe not. He pulls in front of her, stops in the middle of the street and gets out and yells at her.

He is lucky I was not with her.

She was really shaken. I told her, after the fact if it happens again, video him doing it, make sure you get the plates and then call 911. Let him be a tough guy when the swat wagon pulls up to his house.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
You will be happier than a squirrel on a date with another, but sexier, squirrel, or a slumming mink with a squirrel fetish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
It's like losing a game of tic-tac-toe to a lobotomized chicken.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 11:01 AM   #7188
Titan
First Line Centre
 
Titan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Reeeeead View Post
As the parent of a 1.5 year old....

being able to switch arms or put her on my head, I can very easily last long periods of time doing this especially when there are breaks built into sitting down and such.
Well that looks terribly uncomfortable...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
You will be happier than a squirrel on a date with another, but sexier, squirrel, or a slumming mink with a squirrel fetish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
It's like losing a game of tic-tac-toe to a lobotomized chicken.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Titan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2019, 11:09 AM   #7189
Raekwon
First Line Centre
 
Raekwon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Airdrie, Alberta
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
This hits a little close to home. My kid was just starting to drive on her own. She was turning onto 52. Saw a car at the lights and thought she had lots of time. He tears off the line way too fast so her turn was a little close. Maybe her fault, maybe not. He pulls in front of her, stops in the middle of the street and gets out and yells at her.

He is lucky I was not with her.

She was really shaken. I told her, after the fact if it happens again, video him doing it, make sure you get the plates and then call 911. Let him be a tough guy when the swat wagon pulls up to his house.
Yeah I watch road rage videos and they piss me off as the cause is usually 100% avoidable and someone is just being an antagonist. The one I saw last night the car was forcing his way into a lane and the one with the video was being stubborn and ran into him. two guys get out yelling and swearing grabbing a shovel and banging it on the ground beside the door. He stayed in his vehicle filming and called 911 and eventually the two guys figured it out and pulled a 360 and apologized and went back to their car.

Its scary out there these days as people will get set off by almost anything and half the time its their own fault.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 11:26 AM   #7190
Sainters7
Franchise Player
 
Sainters7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: back in the 403
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Hah, I love to hate aggressive, needless road rage. I was on the east side of 8th St. at the corner of 17th over by the Best Buy the other day and I watched a car get cut off while crossing 17th going south by a truck which went straight through the intersection in the turning lane. The car beeped at the truck, and the truck driver got so mad that he stopped on a one-lane-each-way road, right after an intersection, and jumped out of his truck and started pounding on the window of the car and screaming. Then he flipped me off too when I shouted at him to back off! All the while, no cars were able to get through 8th because this idiot held everything up.

Now I'm mad again.
Shocking it was a guy driving a truck..god they're the worst. At least the bad Audi\BMW type of driver will just give the ''straight-ahead'' at the next light if you catch up to them after they pulled a #### move on you..they know. Truck guy just dying to get into some fisticuffs, and take out his day on you.

The nature down here is awesome, but I can't wait to get out of the deep south, feels like every second vehicle down here is a jacked up black Ram..I've always got one up my butt when I'm coming home. Single, chill me and my regular car do not fit the demographics down here lol
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 11:55 AM   #7191
Ped
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ontario
Exp:
Default

They had a guy a few years ago stop in front of someone on a highway in Ontario (100 km speed limit) to get out and yell at her a driver who pissed him off.
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 12:25 PM   #7192
Titan
First Line Centre
 
Titan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Shocking it was a guy driving a truck..god they're the worst. At least the bad Audi\BMW type of driver will just give the ''straight-ahead'' at the next light if you catch up to them after they pulled a #### move on you..they know. Truck guy just dying to get into some fisticuffs, and take out his day on you.

The nature down here is awesome, but I can't wait to get out of the deep south, feels like every second vehicle down here is a jacked up black Ram..I've always got one up my butt when I'm coming home. Single, chill me and my regular car do not fit the demographics down here lol
Can't recall how far south you are but most of them are carrying guns too.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
You will be happier than a squirrel on a date with another, but sexier, squirrel, or a slumming mink with a squirrel fetish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
It's like losing a game of tic-tac-toe to a lobotomized chicken.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Titan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2019, 12:26 PM   #7193
Titan
First Line Centre
 
Titan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by you&me View Post
That's actually one of the strollers we have.

Where can I purchase this new accessory?
The cowcatcher district? D'uhh.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
You will be happier than a squirrel on a date with another, but sexier, squirrel, or a slumming mink with a squirrel fetish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
It's like losing a game of tic-tac-toe to a lobotomized chicken.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Titan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2019, 12:51 PM   #7194
Jimmy Stang
#1 Goaltender
 
Jimmy Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
The nature down here is awesome, but I can't wait to get out of the deep south, feels like every second vehicle down here is a jacked up black Ram..I've always got one up my butt when I'm coming home. Single, chill me and my regular car do not fit the demographics down here lol
Yeah, Shawnessey has a lot of those guys and their trucks but Fish Creek Park is nice.

Oh. Not the deep south of Calgary.

Still works.
Jimmy Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:19 PM   #7195
btimbit
Franchise Player
 
btimbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Oh boy, I can see where this thread is going.

I live in the far south of Calgary, have a lifted diesel, and own an AR-15. Go ahead, hate me

No strollers though
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2019, 01:21 PM   #7196
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player
 
CorsiHockeyLeague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Exp:
Default

Trying to find highlight videos for Wimbledon matches GMG.

First, Wimbledon's youtube channel itself is awful at highlight videos. Awful. They're typically about 3 minutes long, which isn't anywhere near long enough (a full highlights would be 10 minutes or more). But then we come to the other people posting videos, and these people are just troglodytes. A large number aren't videos at all, but spam (come to our site to watch the match that's already over), or just as bad, fake highlight videos - clips from a video game that are dressed up to look like highlight videos so that you can't tell until you click on them that you've been duped.

I don't know what the purpose of posting a fake highlight video is, other than to piss people off. If pissing me off was the goal, mission accomplished, but these people should all die in a fire.
__________________
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2019, 01:49 PM   #7197
topfiverecords
Franchise Player
 
topfiverecords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PepsiFree's Head
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Trying to find highlight videos for Wimbledon matches GMG.

First, Wimbledon's youtube channel itself is awful at highlight videos. Awful. They're typically about 3 minutes long, which isn't anywhere near long enough (a full highlights would be 10 minutes or more). But then we come to the other people posting videos, and these people are just troglodytes. A large number aren't videos at all, but spam (come to our site to watch the match that's already over), or just as bad, fake highlight videos - clips from a video game that are dressed up to look like highlight videos so that you can't tell until you click on them that you've been duped.

I don't know what the purpose of posting a fake highlight video is, other than to piss people off. If pissing me off was the goal, mission accomplished, but these people should all die in a fire.
Man, you're having a rough week. First you couldn't get ahold of a human at UPS. Then your DoorDash delivery took over an hour. Now you can't find substantial tennis highlights. How are you handling all of this? We're here for you man.
__________________
It’s awfully drafty in here.
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 02:08 PM   #7198
CMPunk
aka Spike
 
CMPunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Darkest Corners of My Mind
Exp:
Default

It's super awesome to show up to a job interview and find out the hiring manager isn't even in for another hour. Even better calling the recruiting office and being hung up on twice before getting thru to the person who booked the interview and they have no idea what happened. If they want me, they can re book the interview next week. I may need the job, but I'm not going to let them treat me like crap.
__________________
CP Rent-A-Goalie
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 02:49 PM   #7199
Locke
ness Monster
 
Locke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Income Tax Central
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Oh boy, I can see where this thread is going.

I live in the far south of Calgary, have a lifted diesel, and own an AR-15. Go ahead, hate me

No strollers though
Missed opportunity to mount the AR-15 to a stroller, bolt it into the bed of the truck.

And nobody can say or do anything because its on a stroller...
__________________
- "Somebody may beat me, but they're going to have to bleed to do it."
- Steve Prefontaine
This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2019, 02:52 PM   #7200
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player
 
CorsiHockeyLeague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Man, you're having a rough week. First you couldn't get ahold of a human at UPS. Then your DoorDash delivery took over an hour. Now you can't find substantial tennis highlights. How are you handling all of this? We're here for you man.
I've actually had an awesome week, which has been made slightly less awesome by an unusual volume of gear grinders. For one thing, I have a new deck, and it's a sunny Friday afternoon. So clearly all my gear grinders are behind me.

Now to go and try to find patio furniture. On... Kijiji.

Okay, so I may have called that "no more gear grinders this week" putt a little early.
__________________
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:32 AM.

Calgary Flames
2017-18




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016