Franchise Player

Exp:

d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2017, 08:47 PM   #3
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Excited for some Titans playoffs finally. Going in with low expectations though. Would be pretty sweet if we could somehow pull it off.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:32 PM   #4
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Well the good news for Titans fans is that the Chiefs last home win at Arrowhead in the playoffs was in 1993. Opponents have no problem winning there in January.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:30 AM   #5
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Go Titans! Woooo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 12:43 AM   #6
station
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

NFC looks wide open to me, not a huge quality difference in teams from top to bottom. Philly without Wentz, Rams young and D looks suspect. Saints always tough at home, Falcons D coming on strong. Vikings look like the most complete team right now.

Go Falcons!!!
station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 01:17 AM   #7
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jags vikings super bowl. Book it.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 05:34 AM   #8
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

1/6 4:35 ET At Kansas City -7 Tennessee 44.5
1/6 8:15 ET At LA Rams -4.5 Atlanta 49.5
1/7 1:00 ET At Jacksonville -7 Buffalo 40
1/7 4:40 ET At New Orleans -6 Carolina 48.5
Old 01-01-2018, 05:41 AM   #9
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

and to win it all...

Patriots 2-1 Falcons 20-1
Vikings 4-1 Chiefs 20-1
Steelers 9-2 Jaguars 20-1
Saints 5-1 Panthers 30-1
Rams 12-1 Titans 100-1
Eagles 15-1 Bills 100-1
Old 01-01-2018, 07:37 AM   #10
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by station View Post
NFC looks wide open to me, not a huge quality difference in teams from top to bottom. Philly without Wentz, Rams young and D looks suspect. Saints always tough at home, Falcons D coming on strong. Vikings look like the most complete team right now.

Go Falcons!!!
I wanted you guys SO BAD in the first round in the Superdome...if only we hadn't laid an egg in Tampa.

Saints with the 4th best Vegas odds has me a little nervous, they've got so much hype lately. I'm really worried this latest wave of injuries on D the past couple weeks has finally broken the dam, Tampa was moving the ball at will yesterday on third down. Hopefully they still have the horses back there on a unit that's been so impressive all year, but I'm concerned.

...but its their first trip to the dance in 4 years, and first home playoff game in 6, for a team predicted to finish last in the division this year. And now they get to smack around my most hated player in the league for the 3rd time this year at the Dome, this time in the PLAYOFFS...let the dream season continue! WHO DAT
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 08:43 AM   #11
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
Well the good news for Titans fans is that the Chiefs last home win at Arrowhead in the playoffs was in 1993. Opponents have no problem winning there in January.
So your saying there's a chance? I think the Chiefs are a very good team, should be a good game . I at least respect the Chiefs unlike Jags , hope whoever wins goes all the way best of luck.
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 09:15 AM   #12
station
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
I wanted you guys SO BAD in the first round in the Superdome...if only we hadn't laid an egg in Tampa.

Saints with the 4th best Vegas odds has me a little nervous, they've got so much hype lately. I'm really worried this latest wave of injuries on D the past couple weeks has finally broken the dam, Tampa was moving the ball at will yesterday on third down. Hopefully they still have the horses back there on a unit that's been so impressive all year, but I'm concerned.

...but its their first trip to the dance in 4 years, and first home playoff game in 6, for a team predicted to finish last in the division this year. And now they get to smack around my most hated player in the league for the 3rd time this year at the Dome, this time in the PLAYOFFS...let the dream season continue! WHO DAT
Dream season for sure. Saints look balanced for the first time since ‘09 and I wanted no part of them at home. I wouldn’t worry too much about the Tampa game; to give the Bucs credit they almost beat all 3 South teams down the stretch.

Honestly though I think you’re better off with the Panthers cause they looked awful the last couple weeks. Cam is so terrible at times and if he’s off they’re going nowhere. The Falcons have been an enigma but they are a top 10 D now and still have huge talent on offence that somehow hasn’t been able to play many complete games. Their record this year when scoring 20 or more points is 10-0. Plus they are the only playoff battle tested team in this field.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:05 AM   #13
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Agreed Carolina & Philadelphia (unless you beat the Rams) seems the easier route than Atlanta & Minnesota, which is why I'm good with it. I still liked our odds against the Falcons at the Superdome, but more just wanted to see the absolute circus that a Saints vs Falcons playoff game would be like. Especially with how chippy their games were this season. Too bad.

NFC so wide open, you can make a good case for all six teams to go to the Super Bowl. I feel like the Rams are the team no-one's really talking about in the NFC, I think they're a serious threat. But if they run into Minny in the 2nd round - which is inevitable if they get past Atlanta - they're in trouble, as the Vikes absolutely spanked them this season already. Still though, Rams are somewhat my dark horse (if a #3 seed can be a dark horse) in the NFC playoffs this year, they always seem to get lost in the shuffle when media talks about NFC playoffs predictions lately.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:54 AM   #14
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Heard a stat this morning on the radio whilst driving folks to pick up stranded vehicles..

This season in the NFL the teams that rushed for the most yardage in any particular games were 165-70 (or something like that) somewhere around 70% for a win.

Its why I like the Rams and Saints in the NFC moving forward, though the NO defense gives me pause.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:21 PM   #15
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
So your saying there's a chance? I think the Chiefs are a very good team, should be a good game . I at least respect the Chiefs unlike Jags , hope whoever wins goes all the way best of luck.
Titans won a close cold weather game in KC last year so I'm sure they will use that to remind themselves that they can win this game.

I think the key for the Titans Wil be if Mariota uses his legs to keep drives going. For a lot of the year he was a pocket Passer and far less effective. Likely trying to stay healthy after last year's leg fracture. As a pocket Passer he's easy to defend and you can stack the box. But if he runs like he did on Sunday the offence can be more dynamic, especially against a weak D like the Chiefs.

Should be fun though. This is Alex Smiths last stand. If he doesn't get KC to the AFC Championship game he's gone next year. Since Red handed over the play calling to Nagy the Chiefs offence has been getting 30 points a game and moving the ball. So it will be interesting to see which Chief team comes out. A team who moves the ball and puts up points....or if they stagnate and struggle on offence. In the Chiefs last 5 home losses in the past two years they gave up 19, 17, 18, 19 , and 16 points. So right there that says keep the Chiefs under 20 and you will beat them.

Good luck, whoever wins is likely a sacrificial Lamb going to Foxboro the next week. I can't see the Bills without McCoy being able to take down the Jags. Even if they do, Pittsburgh won't be any easier.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2018, 01:29 PM   #16
station
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Agreed Carolina & Philadelphia (unless you beat the Rams) seems the easier route than Atlanta & Minnesota, which is why I'm good with it. I still liked our odds against the Falcons at the Superdome, but more just wanted to see the absolute circus that a Saints vs Falcons playoff game would be like. Especially with how chippy their games were this season. Too bad.
Oh yeah it would be amazing. Here’s hoping it happens in the NFC Championship game!!!
Old 01-01-2018, 01:51 PM   #17
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Heard a stat this morning on the radio whilst driving folks to pick up stranded vehicles..

This season in the NFL the teams that rushed for the most yardage in any particular games were 165-70 (or something like that) somewhere around 70% for a win.

Its why I like the Rams and Saints in the NFC moving forward, though the NO defense gives me pause.
Could that be because teams that build a league run the ball more often in the second half to kill the clock?
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 02:04 PM   #18
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Could that be because teams that build a league run the ball more often in the second half to kill the clock?
Running the football does a few things that make winning easier IMO.

First the more you run successfully, the defense starts to tire out and the safeties play closer to the line which opens it up down field for big plays.

Kills the clock as you say, and keeps the opposing QB on the sidelines and the ball outta his hand. Important for most playoff teams.

Lastly I think an ability to run the football gives teams a sense of swagger and machismo. Smashing the other team in the mouth so to speak.

All that being said, in this day and age you have to be able to throw the ball as well. If you cant throw the ball...i honestly believe you cant run the ball. One opens up the other whereas in yesteryear it was the opposite.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:50 PM   #19
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
That really doesn't help yardage totals as much as it results in rushing attempts. Generally a team has got its yards before it built up a lead and made the other team one dimensional.

Overall the gaudy passing numbers appear to be down this year. Brady's 4577 lead the league, and 8 players threw for more than 4000 yards. Only 3 guys topped 30 TD passes. Whereas there were seasons where 3 guys threw for 5000 yards and 4 guys topping 40 TD passes. The top passers in Brady, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Brees are all getting to be 35 plus. They can't routinely be throwing 50 times a game anymore. I expect Green Bay will be looking to get Rogers a more supportive run game given his age and how awful they are without him

Every playoff team this year is pretty balanced on offence. New England had an effective 3 back rotation otherwise Lewis would have been a 1000 yard back. Pittsburgh, KC, Jacksonville also rode 1000 yard bell cow backs to Division titles. The Vikings had a good run game all year regardless who the backs were. Gurley was a MVP candidate for the Rams. The three NFC South teams also can run the ball quite well as they all feature two good options at RB. Both Buffalo and Tennessee also run effectively. Really the only winning teams who were pass heavy were Detroit and Seattle.

In recent years teams have loaded up with speed rushers who can fly off the edge to put pressure on QB's. These guys aren't a's big as the traditional 4-3 D End so to counter this teams will run at these guys. Anything to keep the Von Miller's from laying lucks on QB's should help you win. Plus as Tranny says safetys come into the box and this opens up 1 on 1 coverage on the outside.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:30 PM   #20
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hahahahah seriously man you lost twice to them this year but I love that the trash talking between Titans and Jags is back!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...been-easy-win/
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote