Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-03-2017, 01:34 PM   #361
Cuz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
Um. Hadwin's round ended 2 hours before tv coverage started. Maybe tsn should be ripping themselves for not really having a clue about golf. Hadwin actually was in many weekday feature groups the month it so around when he had his 59 and his win, including at the Masters. I am not really buying that Canadians get any more or less coverage than anyone else.
I think its just part of the Canadian inferiority complex
Cuz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cuz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2017, 02:26 PM   #362
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Hughes now tied with Hadwin at -8. Looks unlikely they'll be able to seriously challenge for the win at this point, but still nice to see two Canadians likley to finish strong (top 15-20).
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 04:55 PM   #363
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Hughes now tied with Hadwin at -8. Looks unlikely they'll be able to seriously challenge for the win at this point, but still nice to see two Canadians likley to finish strong (top 15-20).
That should clinch a place in the tournament championship for hadwin and give Hughes a good shot at it. That's a pretty big deal too, because it would get them into all 4 majors next year.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nfotiu For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2017, 06:39 PM   #364
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone know why David Hearn isn't playing in the web.com finals? I thought by finishing out of the top 125 fedex points he wouldn't have status next year, and would have tried playing in those to gain status. I know there used to be a rule that would have got him in for top 125 for money, but I thought that was phased out this year. Does he have some kind of quirky status for next year?
Old 09-05-2017, 03:48 AM   #365
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think he has Web status and will get a few PGA Tour starts.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:43 AM   #366
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
I think he has Web status and will get a few PGA Tour starts.
There are 25 pga tour spots available in the web.com finals though, that would get him into many more tournaments than the 125-150 status. It seems strange he wouldn't play for those.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:08 AM   #367
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
Anyone know why David Hearn isn't playing in the web.com finals? I thought by finishing out of the top 125 fedex points he wouldn't have status next year, and would have tried playing in those to gain status. I know there used to be a rule that would have got him in for top 125 for money, but I thought that was phased out this year. Does he have some kind of quirky status for next year?
sounds like he's playing this weekend?
https://twitter.com/BobWeeksTSN/stat...35423837552641

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2017, 09:42 AM   #368
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

this is awesome

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/904904956611878912

The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2017, 08:02 PM   #369
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's a pretty interesting weekend for Canadian golfers to figure out where they're playing next year.

This year's Tour Players:

Hadwin's in the best shape. He's projected at 19 in the fedex even with a middling performance this week so far. So he's punched his ticket for all major tournaments. He's also looking like he'd finish out the year in the top 50 of world golf rankings which would also secure is spot in everything next year. All that and qualifying for the President's cup make for one of the best year's for a Canadian golfer in many years.

Hughes position is the most dramatic this weekend. He is currently projected for 29 in fedex points with his position in the BMW. If he can maintain that and squeeze into the Tour Championship, he will also get into all the majors. If not, I don't think he's in any of them currently, except maybe the PGA.

Delaet is done for the year, but had a decent year all in all and secured a full exemption to most regular tour events.

Hearn basically has web.com status and made the cut in the web.com finals event this week, with a chance to get some points to get to play in the PGA tour with exempt status. If he doesn't do that, he's going to split his time on the web.com next year and maybe a handful of pga events.

Fritsch had a tough year, and is out of the PGA tour. He's played a Euro event and tweeted about trying to get on to that tour, but he may have to play conditional status on the web.com. He's also maybe getting to that point where it's time to hang things up. He's dabbled in commentating and seems to have a bit of a knack for it, so may end up going that route.

Next Year's rookies?

Ben Silverman has earned his web.com graduation for next year and is looking to move up in status through the web.com finals.

Corey Conners had a great first web.com final event, and came into this week at t9 looking to get in the top 25 of finals. He is currently projected at 21 going into the weekend.

Adam Svensson and Roger Sloan are both playing the weekend in the web.com event hoping to improve on their positions in the top 50 of the web.com finals money list.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nfotiu For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2017, 11:01 AM   #370
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Big day for Hughes and Hadwin. Both start the 4th round inside the cut to make the Tour Finals.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:52 PM   #371
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

and Hughes starts by going:

Par - Bogey - Bogey-Bogey-Double Bogey

Yes, 5 over through 5 and has sealed his fate for the season.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:02 PM   #372
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

the president's cup is awful. I like Ian Leggatt's idea on Sportsnet of having the president's cup teams consist of 6 men and 6 women.

Old 10-01-2017, 07:05 PM   #373
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brooke Henderson wins LPGA Tour event in New Zealand by 5 strokes, her fifth career win on tour.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Drake For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2017, 06:15 PM   #374
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

brooke is so friggen awesome.
Old 10-29-2017, 01:06 PM   #375
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brooke rockets up the leaderboard in malaysia with a final round 64 to finish T-5, 2 shots off the winner.

Yes, that would be the lowest round of the day.

So after a bit of a slow start to the season, she's racked up 2 wins, 6 top 5s, 8 top 10s.

A bit of a grueling schedule over the next few weeks. From Malaysia to Japan, then China, then Florida for the Tour Championship. Not sure if will play in all of them, but i suspect she would earn a fair bit of appearance fees and pro am money so she might.

Last edited by killer_carlson; 10-29-2017 at 01:12 PM.
killer_carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:21 PM   #376
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Any other CP'ers make it to the Sentry Tournament of Champions today or later this weekend? Certainly no lack of Canadians and Calgarians on Maui these past two weeks.

I followed Hadwin for the first 5 holes. He played really well 2 under and was close on two other birdie putts. I caught his birdie on 9 as well. But back nine didn't go so well for him. He had a weak 3rd shot on 18 cost him a chance for a birdie.

Kevin Kisner had the best shot I saw live getting to 6'-7 of the hole with his second shot on 18. Rickey Fowler made a nice 21 footer for Eagle on that hole too. Fun day not too crowded so got to get right close to guts like Dustin Johnson, Speith, and Thomas.

Last edited by Sylvanfan; 01-04-2018 at 11:24 PM.
Sylvanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2018, 03:55 PM   #377
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jesus. Just saw some highlights from yesterday, Dustin Johnson missed an ace. By an inch. On a par-4. From 433 yards. With a driver. Man, thats impressive.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:13 PM   #378
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Jesus. Just saw some highlights from yesterday, Dustin Johnson missed an ace. By an inch. On a par-4. From 433 yards. With a driver. Man, thats impressive.
That was crazy. At first I thought it was fairly over the hole and was just too hard, but on the replay it was actually more of a lip shot that likely would have sunk an inch or two the right....maybe even without the help of the flag pole.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:51 PM   #379
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
That was crazy. At first I thought it was fairly over the hole and was just too hard, but on the replay it was actually more of a lip shot that likely would have sunk an inch or two the right....maybe even without the help of the flag pole.
I thought the drive stopped a couple inches short of the hole...? Impressive nevertheless.
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:53 PM   #380
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyang View Post
I thought the drive stopped a couple inches short of the hole...? Impressive nevertheless.
I think I was remembering a different shot (realized after I hit post and was too lazy to edit lol) where he hit an iron onto the green and razed over the hole.