Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-12-2019, 03:19 AM   #61
Tsawwassen
#1 Goaltender
 
Tsawwassen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Exp:
Default

After Monday's games

Sharks won in regulation


Tampa Bay
(41-11-4) 37 ROW, 86 pts--1st overall

1. San Jose (34-16-7) 34 ROW, 75 pts--first in the Western Conference and Pacific Division (2nd overall)
2. Calgary (34-15-6) 34 ROW, 74 pts--second in the Pacific Division
3. Winnipeg (35-18-3) 33 ROW, 73 pts--first in the Central Division
4. Nashville (33-20-5) 32 ROW, 71 pts--second in the Central Division
5. Las Vegas (31-22-4) 29 ROW, 66 pts--third in the Pacific Division
__________________
Remember this, TSN stands for Toronto's Sports Network!
MOD EDIT: Removed broken image link.

Last edited by Tsawwassen; 02-13-2019 at 05:47 AM.
Tsawwassen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:54 AM   #62
Classic_Sniper
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Classic_Sniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Exp:
Default

San Jose moving ahead may actually be a blessing in disguise. They may have to meet the St Louis Blues or even more likely, the Blackhwaks who will be extremely hot if they get in. Iím not sure Iíd want the Flames to play them as an 8th seed with their newly revamped 2nd line featuring Dylan Strome and Alex Debrincat.

Suddenly they have a lot of offensive firepower whereas the Knights do it more by committee which might be easier to contain.
Classic_Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:07 AM   #63
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully
 
Textcritic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: back in Chilliwack
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic_Sniper View Post
San Jose moving ahead may actually be a blessing in disguise. They may have to meet the St Louis Blues or even more likely, the Blackhwaks who will be extremely hot if they get in. Iím not sure Iíd want the Flames to play them as an 8th seed with their newly revamped 2nd line featuring Dylan Strome and Alex Debrincat.

Suddenly they have a lot of offensive firepower whereas the Knights do it more by committee which might be easier to contain.
The Flames have matched up well against the Blackhawks for a long time now; better, I think, than they do against the Blues.

But the Flames still have two games in hand on SJ, and after this road trip things get a lot easier. Itís very premature to be settling on this idea of the Sharks moving ahead. In the end, it wonít matter a lotóCalgary can beat anyone.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Dealing with Everything from Dead Sea Scrolls to Red C Trolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:25 AM   #64
Classic_Sniper
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Classic_Sniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
The Flames have matched up well against the Blackhawks for a long time now; better, I think, than they do against the Blues.

But the Flames still have two games in hand on SJ, and after this road trip things get a lot easier. Itís very premature to be settling on this idea of the Sharks moving ahead. In the end, it wonít matter a lotóCalgary can beat anyone.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


True that itís premature, but this still a message board filled with speculation and hypotheticals.

I know weíve played well against the Hawks for while. But, the last game between both teams was very competitive. Theyíre getting solid goaltending for Delia right now and their forwards are torching teams right now. If they do get into the playoffs, it means theyíll have played an outstanding last half of the season and could be a sneaky dangerous team.

Iím not saying the Flames will be in trouble in a series against them. But theyíd be playing with found money and nothing to lose which scares me. My main point is, I donít think Iím against the idea of playing Vegas as much as I was before now that the Blues and the Blackhawks have entered the playoff conversation.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Classic_Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:28 AM   #65
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000
 
Toonage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Exp:
Default

Flames have at least won in St. Louis & Chicago. I'd hate to see them enter the playoffs matched up against Vegas without a win there to their credit. Here's hoping they can cross that off the list before the playoffs begin regardless.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:49 AM   #66
dino7c
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Exp:
Default

Flames are 1 point back with two games in hand....let's not conceed the division just yet.
__________________
#MakeTheFlamesGreatAgain
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:47 AM   #67
Classic_Sniper
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Classic_Sniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Flames are 1 point back with two games in hand....let's not conceed the division just yet.


No one is conceding the division here. But San Jose has chipped away at a pretty significant lead here, so I think the possibility of discussion has opened up.

The question I’m more or less asking is, with the Blues and Hawks in the playoff picture now, are we still confident that we absolutely want to finish 1st in the division? The answer logically is Yes, but for me, i don’t think it’s as resounding as it once was when I thought it’d be a Colorado, Vancouver, Arizona or etc.

I like the idea of going up against Minnesota, but without Koivu and Dumba for final drive, it’s looking tough. My guess is, the wild card teams will be some combination between the Blues, Stars, Hawks and the Wild.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Classic_Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:50 AM   #68
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully
 
Textcritic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: back in Chilliwack
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic_Sniper View Post
No one is conceding the division here. But San Jose has chipped away at a pretty significant lead here, so I think the possibility of discussion has opened up.

The question Iím more or less asking is, with the Blues and Hawks in the playoff picture now, are we still confident that we absolutely want to finish 1st in the division? The answer logically is Yes, but for me, i donít think itís as resounding as it once was when I thought itíd be a Colorado, Vancouver, Arizona or etc.

I like the idea of going up against Minnesota, but without Koivu and Dumba for final drive, itís looking tough. My guess is, the wild card teams will be some combination between the Blues, Stars, Hawks and the Wild.
I think your right about the wildcard race, but the logical answer is still "yes" regardless of who gets in. The value in winning the Division for me is not so much about the first round matchupóI expect the Flames to win that one regardless of whomever they play. The value is what happens in round two and beyond.
__________________
Dealing with Everything from Dead Sea Scrolls to Red C Trolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:30 AM   #69
Tsawwassen
#1 Goaltender
 
Tsawwassen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Exp:
Default

After Tuesday's games

Lightning and Jets won in regulation
Flames, Knights, and Predators lost in regulation


Tampa Bay (42-11-4) 38 ROW, 88 pts--1st overall
1. Winnipeg (36-18-3) 34 ROW, 75 pts--first in the Western Conference and in the Central Division (2nd overall)
2. San Jose (34-16-7) 34 ROW, 75 pts--second in the Western Conference and first in the Pacific Division
3. Calgary (34-16-6) 34 ROW, 74 pts--second in the Pacific Division
4. Nashville (33-21-5) 32 ROW, 71 pts--second in the Central Division
5. Las Vegas (31-23-4) 29 ROW, 66 pts--third in the Pacific Division
__________________
Remember this, TSN stands for Toronto's Sports Network!
MOD EDIT: Removed broken image link.

Last edited by Tsawwassen; 02-13-2019 at 05:50 AM.
Tsawwassen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:18 AM   #70
DazzlinDino
First Line Centre
 
DazzlinDino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Grew up in Calgary now living in USA
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Flames have at least won in St. Louis & Chicago. I'd hate to see them enter the playoffs matched up against Vegas without a win there to their credit. Here's hoping they can cross that off the list before the playoffs begin regardless.
I agree. I think Vegas would be a tough match-up as they have something to prove. They have been there, tasted it, and will be ready once the playoffs start. At least with St Louis, Chicago the Flames can match-up with some swagger!
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:59 AM   #71
ricardodw
Franchise Player
 
ricardodw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Exp:
Default

since Vegas got back Schmidt (#1D) after 20 games they are 23-12-3.


They are currently in their worst slump of the year 3-7-0

Taking away the Flames first 20 games they are 23-8-5.

Very important that the Flames finish first in the Pacific to avoid a first round match up with the Knights and MAF.

MAF against BSD.... who would be the favorite in that match up?
ricardodw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:04 AM   #72
Robbob
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodw View Post
since Vegas got back Schmidt (#1D) after 20 games they are 23-12-3.


They are currently in their worst slump of the year 3-7-0

Taking away the Flames first 20 games they are 23-8-5.

Very important that the Flames finish first in the Pacific to avoid a first round match up with the Knights and MAF.

MAF against BSD.... who would be the favorite in that match up?
I think Calgary has more game breakers, but MAF is such a huge X factor. That is why it is key to win the PAC. That first round match up with the 2 and 3 seed will be a doozy.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 11:00 PM   #73
Vinny01
Franchise Player
 
Vinny01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CGY
Exp:
Default

They said all the right things about not sucking after vacation but for the second straight year they get 4 out of a possible 12pts in the first 6 games after the break. I have a feeling it will all come to a head again on Saturday where the Pens blow the team out. I then predict Treliving will make a deal after that and the team will respond with a strong honest and and regain confidence.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 04:25 AM   #74
Tsawwassen
#1 Goaltender
 
Tsawwassen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Exp:
Default

After Thursday's games

No teams listed below played on Wednesday

Lightning and Predators won in regulation
Flames lost in the shootout
Knights, Jets, and Sharks lost in regulation


Tampa Bay (43-11-4) 39 ROW, 90 pts--1st overall
1. Calgary (34-16-7) 34 ROW, 75 pts--first in the Western Conference and in the Pacific Division
2. Winnipeg (36-19-3) 34 ROW, 75 pts--second in the Western Conference and first in the Central Division
3. San Jose (34-17-7) 34 ROW, 75 pts--second in the Pacific Division
4. Nashville (34-21-5) 33 ROW, 73 pts--second in the Central Division
5. Las Vegas (31-24-4) 29 ROW, 66 pts--third in the Pacific Division
__________________
Remember this, TSN stands for Toronto's Sports Network!
MOD EDIT: Removed broken image link.

Last edited by Tsawwassen; 02-15-2019 at 05:23 AM.
Tsawwassen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:36 PM.

Calgary Flames
2017-18




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016