Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Event Forums > COVID-19 Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2021, 07:44 PM   #10781
the-rasta-masta
First Line Centre

Exp:

I honestly believe that restaurants have to be a bigger source of spread. I went to the Keg on the weekend and there were so many young parents with babies/kids sitting across the table from older coupled parents. For sure not the same household. Grabbed lunch downtown by myself and there were 6 guys sitting around a table in corporate attire. I know restaurants have all said they aren't going to police that everybody is from the same household, but to me there should be some controls in place.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to the-rasta-masta For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2021, 08:27 PM   #10782
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
That is a massive drop in hospitalization.
It seems to be mostly a historical correction (my guess is some hospitals reported patients entering but there was an issue reports by to Alberta Health that they left). The change in their data on the Severe Outcomes tab compared to yesterday is only a drop of 6.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:55 AM   #10783
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-rasta-masta View Post
I honestly believe that restaurants have to be a bigger source of spread. I went to the Keg on the weekend and there were so many young parents with babies/kids sitting across the table from older coupled parents. For sure not the same household. Grabbed lunch downtown by myself and there were 6 guys sitting around a table in corporate attire. I know restaurants have all said they aren't going to police that everybody is from the same household, but to me there should be some controls in place.
Reading about stuff like this absolutely infuriates me. Why am I taking a substantial financial hit and have multiple members of my family suffer in their mental health when all of these a-holes just go around ignoring everything?
Old 02-26-2021, 04:20 PM   #10784
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are there any documented deaths resulting from the vaccine?
Old 02-26-2021, 04:39 PM   #10785
Knut

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Are there any documented deaths resulting from the vaccine?
No.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/...extremely-rare

62 severe anaphylaxis reactions out of the first 14 M doses that could have been life threatening. They have not identified anyone who has died from the Vaccine.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2021, 04:46 PM   #10786
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

another sort of mixed bag of data today for Alberta

vaccinations over 11k which is really great

new cases and test positive rate sort of staying put, but we are at the point where recoveries aren't exceeding new cases so treading water now

hospitalizations (as a lagging indicator) still drifting down. maybe vaccines ultimately can help offset some of that if numbers start drifting up
The Following User Says Thank You to looooob For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2021, 06:32 PM   #10787
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

My Grandma turns 80 on March 16th and just got her second dose today. She's in Saskatchewan.
Old 02-26-2021, 06:40 PM   #10788
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
My Grandma turns 80 on March 16th and just got her second dose today. She's in Saskatchewan.

What part of Sask is your Grandma in? My dad is also 80 and in Sask, and hasn't got a call for a 1st dose yet.
Old 02-26-2021, 07:04 PM   #10789
djsFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by agulati View Post
Covid-19 update

399 new cases
8 new deaths
280 Hospitalizations (-27)
56 ICU (Same)
195572 Vaccine doses (+9000)
80620 Fully immunized (+326)
200,000 of 4 million albertans already with an injection is pretty good for this only being February.

We're getting there and those vaccine numbers should only accelerate.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2021, 07:07 PM   #10790
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio View Post
What part of Sask is your Grandma in? My dad is also 80 and in Sask, and hasn't got a call for a 1st dose yet.
Yorkton area
Old 02-26-2021, 08:05 PM   #10791
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut View Post
No.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/...extremely-rare

62 severe anaphylaxis reactions out of the first 14 M doses that could have been life threatening. They have not identified anyone who has died from the Vaccine.
Even if these are US numbers only, 46+ million different individuals have received 60+ M doses.

Don't think you could hope for a better safety profile. Anyone still yammering about safety is obviously just antivax.
Old 02-26-2021, 08:12 PM   #10792
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
200,000 of 4 million albertans already with an injection is pretty good for this only being February.

We're getting there and those vaccine numbers should only accelerate.
I guess really its about 80 k with 2 doses, 40k with one dose, so about 120 K albertans with at least a single jab- this will ramp up pretty fast as I imagine most doses for the next many weeks will be first doses- we will have to catch all these folks up with their 2nd 5-6 weeks from now
Old 02-26-2021, 09:12 PM   #10793
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

My father-in-law just got his healthcare card, is 66 and is diabetic. Does that qualify him for this first registration wave, or will he need to wait until phase 2?
Old 02-26-2021, 09:43 PM   #10794
Lubicon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
My father in law is in his 80s, in Regina. Nothing yet as well.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:02 PM   #10795
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob View Post
I guess really its about 80 k with 2 doses, 40k with one dose, so about 120 K albertans with at least a single jab- this will ramp up pretty fast as I imagine most doses for the next many weeks will be first doses- we will have to catch all these folks up with their 2nd 5-6 weeks from now
At 120k people is about 2.5% with at least one dose. This isnít quite correct but a neat way to think about it is that without the vaccine the 400 cases today would have been 410. And since the people getting the vaccine are in highrisk category we have probably already cut deaths per case in half.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:08 PM   #10796
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
My father-in-law just got his healthcare card, is 66 and is diabetic. Does that qualify him for this first registration wave, or will he need to wait until phase 2?
That would be phase 2A.

Unless he is in LTC/supportive living or lives on a reserve.
The Following User Says Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2021, 10:09 PM   #10797
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
My father in law is in his 80s, in Regina. Nothing yet as well.
My Grandma is a former health care worker and very keen on these sorts of things. It sounds like she seeked it out the very first day it became available and called the right place to book, etc.,

My other Grandma is 84 and is more of the "waiting for someone to contact her"-type, she hasn't heard anything yet.
Old 02-27-2021, 04:29 PM   #10798
Gundo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just a quick reminder that if you have some people in your life with let’s say “rather interesting” opinion/views on Covid and you enjoy being a passive aggressive ass like I do from time to time. The videos that were produced by Last Week Tonight at this website are a fun way to remind people not all information we see/read is reliable.

https://thetruetruetruth.com

Last edited by Gundo; 02-27-2021 at 04:48 PM.
Old 02-27-2021, 04:42 PM   #10799
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

• 415 Cases, 1,883 Deaths (+6), 4,546 Active cases (+47)
  • 262 In hospital (-7) , 51 In intensive care (-4)
  • 11396 jabs
So trend continues, cases up, hospitalizations down. Cases are up in Calgary, Edmonton and North.
I really want Step 2 on Monday, but it is harder to make the case for it than a few days ago.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julio For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2021, 04:50 PM   #10800
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
  • 415 Cases, 1,883 Deaths (+6), 4,546 Active cases (+47)
  • 262 In hospital (-7) , 51 In intensive care (-4)
  • 11396 jabs
So trend continues, cases up, hospitalizations down. Cases are up in Calgary, Edmonton and North.
I really want Step 2 on Monday, but it is harder to make the case for it than a few days ago.
I really donít think it is though. We were supposed to be under 450 people in hospital for stage two and weíre below 300 for stage three. To me, itís increasingly difficult to justify keeping businesses closed and on life support.

I think the way forward is allow businesses to open more fully and keep restrictions in place regarding at home social gatherings.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread