Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-22-2020, 07:36 AM   #1
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:
Default Avs get a little more french

Avs acquired Johnathan Drouin from the Vancouver Canucks late last night. Going to Vancouver is Jack Roslovic, Alex Formenton and a 2021 2nd.

Although Drouin has had some injury troubles, Avs GM Swayze11 feels like its worth the risk. "There is too much talent there. If he can figure out his injury issues than I don't see why he cant be a 60-70 pt player"

Swayze11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swayze11 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2020, 08:14 AM   #2
Goffie
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is an interesting deal. It will be interesting to see if Drouin can figure out the defensive side of the game and actually bring effort on a nightly basis.

IMO this is a make or break year for him. If he can show better work ethic on a regular basis and has some heart to match his skill he will be fine. If not he’s a huge liability.

This will be a good trade to look back on. If Drouin figures it out he will be a solid addition for the Avs. If not the Canucks picked a good time to offload.

Goffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:39 AM   #3
Don't Toews Me Bro
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

This was a tough deal for the Nucks to make. We like Drouin a lot but he hasn't quite figured it out and with a slight cap-crunch coming up it felt like it he was a safer one to deal.
Avs get the best player currently. But we're hoping Roslovic can push for a top-6 spot on the Jets this year, and Formenton looks like a promising prospect.
Don't Toews Me Bro is offline   Reply With Quote