Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2022, 05:23 PM   #3581
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
Or maybe she trying to put in measures to ensure we don’t ever see some of the discrimination we witnessed during Covid ever again.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1589375172137533441
I remember well all the choke-outs I saw at malls and restaurants for people not wearing masks. Had to have seen it a hunded times. Oh, wait, I never saw it once. But damn I'm mad at being discriminated against for trying to eat out with no shirt on and my bare feet. What about my rights? I sure hope Danielle will think of all of us with breathing problems when we wear a too tight affliction t-shirt and need to take it off in Denny's.
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 05:25 PM   #3582
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Or maybe she trying to put in measures to ensure we don’t ever see some of the discrimination we witnessed during Covid ever again.
You're using the word wrong.

Discrimination is when people are bias against some innate features of your personage.

Making the choice to ignore, data, laws, experts... is not innate, it is a choice.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to #-3 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2022, 05:44 PM   #3583
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

It's true, I saw security guards choking out non-mask wearers all the time. Thousands of incidents, everyday, right at the local grocery store to the highest rungs of Parliament. I even saw Justin Trudeau himself choking out convoy patriots with his own bare hands. Christia Freeland and Theresa Tam were holding them down by their legs. They were even stuffing masks down their throats as a sign of extra disrespect.

The real pandemic - MMA chokeholds on the oppressed unmasked. Truly a sad time to be alive.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2022, 05:53 PM   #3584
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love how all it takes to get some rubes riled up is to take a video of an altercation and say it happened because of mask rules:

Quote:
Disturbing video has emerged of the moment a Melbourne pub security guard seemingly drops an unconscious teenager to the ground and drags him out the door.

The incident, in the video above, unfolded in a pub at Croydon, in Melbourne’s east, earlier this month.

Hotel management said the teenager was kicked out of the venue for being too rowdy but climbed a fence to get back in to his mates.

When security noticed they shepherded him out - but the teen broke free, ran straight back to the bar and poured himself a schooner.

That’s when the situation escalated.
https://7news.com.au/politics/law-an...-pub-c-1648509

I would think that the fact that no one in the background of the video was wearing masks either would have given even those with virtually no critical thinking skills a clue, but I guess not.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 05:56 PM   #3585
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Whatever happened to that madness where they were rounding up unlucky bastards in food courts for Jury Duty? That was pretty wild.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 05:59 PM   #3586
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
I love how all it takes to get some rubes riled up is to take a video of an altercation and say it happened because of mask rules:

I would think that the fact that no one in the background of the video was wearing masks either would have given even those with virtually no critical thinking skills a clue, but I guess not.
Careful or you’ll make the mindless rubes go find an opinion column to tell them what to think about this new information.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 06:05 PM   #3587
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2022, 06:25 PM   #3588
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Here Yoho, have a read-through why mask wearing isn't discrimination, it's scientifically effective in reducing virus spread, which protects both you and me (even if it just tears you up inside knowing that):

Science Brief: Community Use of Masks to Control the Spread of SARS-CoV-2
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...sars-cov2.html

Quote:
SARS-CoV-2 infection is transmitted predominantly by inhalation of respiratory droplets generated when people cough, sneeze, sing, talk, or breathe. CDC recommends community use of masks to prevent transmission of SARS-CoV-2. Masks are primarily intended to reduce the emission of virus-laden droplets by the wearer (“source control”), which is especially relevant for asymptomatic or presymptomatic infected wearers who feel well and may be unaware of their infectiousness to others (estimated to account for more than 50% of SARS-CoV-2 transmissions).1, 2 Masks also help reduce inhalation of these droplets by the wearer (“filtration for wearer protection”). The community benefit of masking for SARS-CoV-2 control is due to the combination of these two effects (source control and filtration for wearer protection); individual prevention benefit increases with increasing numbers of people using masks consistently and correctly.
Only selfish people choose to see mask-wearing as discrimination, especially during a ####ing PANDEMIC.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2022, 07:18 PM   #3589
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

What's really funny is that the new argument from that crowd is that mask wearing has led to reduced exposure to viruses among kids which has resulted in things like RSV being a bit more severe when kids get it now (which is true to some extent).

But of course that argument rests on the foundation that masks are effective at reducing the spread of viruses, which they just spent 2.5 years arguing against.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 07:19 PM   #3590
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Quote:

“Discrimination “ hahaha you ####ing snowflakes.
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Looch City For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2022, 07:32 PM   #3591
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post

Quote:
Disturbing video has emerged of the moment a Melbourne pub security guard seemingly drops an unconscious teenager to the ground and drags him out the door.

The incident, in the video above, unfolded in a pub at Croydon, in Melbourne’s east, earlier this month.

Hotel management said the teenager was kicked out of the venue for being too rowdy but climbed a fence to get back in to his mates.

When security noticed they shepherded him out - but the teen broke free, ran straight back to the bar and poured himself a schooner.

That’s when the situation escalated.

Hey Yoho, turns out this wasn't correct info you came across. Could you just quickly speak to that?
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2022, 08:40 PM   #3592
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

You are a ####ing clown

Go troll elsewhere

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2022, 08:50 PM   #3593
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Hey Yoho, turns out this wasn't correct info you came across. Could you just quickly speak to that?
I can't believe anyone fell for that. He's probably the guy that would angrily call in after airings of "This is That" to complain.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 11:46 PM   #3594
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Edit: nm

Last edited by Flames0910; 11-07-2022 at 12:29 AM.
Flames0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 11:01 AM   #3595
14Roman14
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Have you looked into this Doctors credentials? Or are you all just discrediting him because you disagree with him and are intolerant to any opinion outside the narrative?

He is not a uneducated “hick.”

It is possible for highly educated and respected doctors to disagree and offer facts that aren’t consistent with what has been expected throughout the medical landscape. Nobody has to agree, but his opinion shouldn’t be cancelled or disregarded just because it’s different than what was allowed throughout our world the past bit.
14Roman14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 11:10 AM   #3596
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

He should be disregarded becuase his solution to covid was to infect everyone with covid.
Old 11-07-2022, 11:11 AM   #3597
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Roman14 View Post
Have you looked into this Doctors credentials? Or are you all just discrediting him because you disagree with him and are intolerant to any opinion outside the narrative?

He is not a uneducated “hick.”

It is possible for highly educated and respected doctors to disagree and offer facts that aren’t consistent with what has been expected throughout the medical landscape. Nobody has to agree, but his opinion shouldn’t be cancelled or disregarded just because it’s different than what was allowed throughout our world the past bit.
He's being disregarded because he's made a bunch of bad calls about covid.

Herd immunity by infecting everyone - https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...trategy-446408

Promoting pro Hydrochroloquine studies to Trump officials - https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...-bmj-1.5333940

Saying children can't pass on Covid - https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...ronavirus.html

Trying to get the CDC to alter its releases to match what Trump said - https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...ronavirus.html

At some point - you're just bad at this and shouldn't be used as an advisor.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PeteMoss For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2022, 11:11 AM   #3598
RedHot25
Franchise Player

Exp:

WEll that, and sorry, but any one appearing on Alex Jones show to spout something....has negative credibility in my mind.

Be better.
RedHot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 11:12 AM   #3599
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Nobody's opinions should be cancelled, he says of a person who tried to control and disregard what highly respected doctors were saying

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...e-fauci-410861
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 11:13 AM   #3600
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

14Roman14, your life would be served better if you looked to the consensus of experts on a topic for advice, not hunting out the few loons who preach counter to science, logic and common sense. Why don't you give that a try? Maybe tell our premier the secret, too.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: