Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2013, 08:59 AM   #41
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

They put all the best-sellers back on sale on the last day for the same price as their sale price, so I would wait a couple days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2013, 09:08 AM   #42
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

GOG is also having a good sale. I prefer Steam, but this time around I actually bought more games through GOG. I'm into the older games lately.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:14 AM   #43
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think I actually bought anything at all. Probably because I've got enough of a backlog of games on PC, 3DS and PS4 to wait for even deeper discounts in the summer on my wishlist (hopefully).
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:12 AM   #44
QuadCityImages
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Snapped up Company of Heroes 2 today, but other than that all I've bought was Portal 1&2 for my 2nd account in case my sister or wife want to play one of the best games ever.
QuadCityImages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:07 AM   #45
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bioshock is the Community Choice - Season Pass is on sale at $5. Episode One by itself is still $14.99; so it's a no brainer.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2014, 09:55 AM   #46
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Bioshock is the Community Choice - Season Pass is on sale at $5. Episode One by itself is still $14.99; so it's a no brainer.
Waiting, waiting, waiting for it to go on sale. Finally came up.

Only on for another 60 minutes so make sure to act fast!
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gottabekd For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2014, 02:15 PM   #47
Weirdness
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Like always I end up spending way more than I intended. Coming into the sale I was only looking for the XCOM expansion.

Spoiler!

Grand total of $73.20 if you include the $1.99 I spent on buying Hotline Miami for my brother.

I only got Europa Universalis IV just because I can convert a Crusader Kings II save file and continue on in that game. I'll probably never play it.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:07 PM   #48
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Earned about $8 this sale.
Bought a game for $5 and earned about $13 from selling trading cards.

Contemplating Xcom:EW, but not sure I will get a chance to play it by the next sale.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:07 PM   #49
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Said it before but if you've never played Orcs Must Die it is well worth this price point.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/201790/
$3.74 for part 2
Franchise pack for $8.74
2 copy complete pack of part 2 for $9.99 if you want to play some coop with a buddy.

Last edited by Jacks; 01-01-2014 at 11:50 PM.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:28 AM   #50
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not really a game but seriously debating about You Need a Budget 4. There's been a number of times I've tried to keep track of my money, from simply using pen and paper when I was younger to Mint and at this point, just really looking at my transactions every week or so to see where everything is going.

Mint was nice for what it offers but is a little inaccurate for my tastes and doesn't offer a whole lot to grow from.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:11 AM   #51
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
Not really a game but seriously debating about You Need a Budget 4. There's been a number of times I've tried to keep track of my money, from simply using pen and paper when I was younger to Mint and at this point, just really looking at my transactions every week or so to see where everything is going.

Mint was nice for what it offers but is a little inaccurate for my tastes and doesn't offer a whole lot to grow from.
Picked this up yesterday after giving the demo a short try. My immediate impression is that it's exactly what I was looking for in terms of budgeting software. You could easily create something similar with Excel but I didn't feel like spending the time to create a spreadsheet. While I consider myself to be good with my money I am very interested to see exactly how much and where I spend it over a given month.

I've spent roughly $75 during the sale so far. Picked up Far Cry 3 Deluxe, Skyrim Legendary Edition, Gone Home, Ducktales Remastered, Metro: Last Light and Duke Nukem 1&2. I'll probably buy Race the Sun and Anti-Chamber. The sales kind of sucked this year which is fine by me as I have plenty of games to keep me busy.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cDnStealth For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2014, 08:19 AM   #52
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

I don't want to talk about how much I spent.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:22 AM   #53
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haven't spent as much during this sale as I did during the summer sale. Mainly because there are few games I bought during the summer sale I still haven't played... I picked up You Need A Budget as well. Maybe that will help me curb my frivolous steam spending.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:36 AM   #54
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Without a question, I have way too many games. I've gotten a lot better about not buying games that I don't think I'll get to play within a reasonable time frame but I think I need to put a hold on buying any more games for 6+ months.

It's not even a question of money. I am probably spending less than I did years ago when all I was buying were $60 titles. I just don't have the time to devote to playing through this ever growing backlog of games. It's one thing to pick up an indie game that can be completed in under 10 hours but it's another thing entirely to be sitting on multiple strategy games and RPGs. I've even got a few console games that I haven't finished.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:25 AM   #55
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cDnStealth View Post
Picked this up yesterday after giving the demo a short try. My immediate impression is that it's exactly what I was looking for in terms of budgeting software. You could easily create something similar with Excel but I didn't feel like spending the time to create a spreadsheet. While I consider myself to be good with my money I am very interested to see exactly how much and where I spend it over a given month.
We've been using YNAB since the summer time when my girlfriend, now wife, got married and combined most of our income. She's an accountant so she loves being able to track where money was spent and on what card, etc. I like the pie charts.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Meelapo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2014, 09:26 AM   #56
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelapo View Post
I like the pie charts.
Sold.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anduril For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2014, 02:25 PM   #57
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cDnStealth View Post

I've spent roughly $75 during the sale so far
. Picked up Far Cry 3 Deluxe, Skyrim Legendary Edition, Gone Home, Ducktales Remastered, Metro: Last Light and Duke Nukem 1&2. I'll probably buy Race the Sun and Anti-Chamber. The sales kind of sucked this year which is fine by me as I have plenty of games to keep me busy.
Found that kind of humorous
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2014, 02:53 PM   #58
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Found that kind of humorous
Explain.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:36 PM   #59
QuadCityImages
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I do think there's some irony to budgeting software being part of a Steam Sale.
QuadCityImages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:41 AM   #60
LockedOut
Franchise Player

Exp:

Steam is so slow or just plain not working at the moment.
LockedOut is offline   Reply With Quote