Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #1
Bmuzyka
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Default GTA San Andreas Added to iTunes Store this Morning

Downloading it now. I am one of the many who think it was by far the best Grand Theft Auto Game made. It had awesome gameplay, the story was amazing, and the voice acting was the best in the series.

Cost is $6.99
Bmuzyka is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bmuzyka For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #2
C Squared
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Any feedback on how it plays on the IOS?
C Squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

If it's anything like the other 2, I'll be in love. These are some of my favourite iOS games. The missions break off nicely into mini games, making it the ultimate bathroom game.

This was the most impressive of the first 3 games, but I'll admit I disliked the characters a lot in this one. Despite being a lover of profanity, I found the N bombs in it to be so frequent that it bothered me. I noticed in GTA V of course, but with the other 2 characters it wasn't so in your face all the time.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

I downloaded it this morning as well, haven't played yet though

The GTA III and Vice City ports are done very well, and this one is supposed to be the best version of San Andreas yet with updated graphics and lighting, shorter load times, better draw distance and CJ actually has fingers instead of the creepy clubs he had before haha
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #5
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

So I've played about an hour or so, and it's a lot of fun. The updated graphics and lighting is very noticable, huge difference from the original

Lots of menus have been updated, like when you're getting a different haircut, tattoo or clothes. They must have really worked on the color palette because everything seems much brighter and clean. I'm really impressed with how everything looks, I've seen small details I never could before because of how sharp it is now

The best part so far is that they added a checkpoint system for missions, that's huge. I remember there being some extremely frustrating missions in this game, and I don't want to be driving from the hospital to a mission every time I fail on an iPad/iPhone game

Controls are better than I expected, but still touch screen controls for a game like this will never be perfect. There's apparently lots of options for customizing them to your liking and support for any iPad/iPhone controller so controls aren't an issue

With cloud saving connected to your Rockstar account for cross-saves between all your devices on top of all this, I'm thinking this will be the best $7 I've ever spent
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:23 AM   #6
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
So I've played about an hour or so, and it's a lot of fun. The updated graphics and lighting is very noticable, huge difference from the original

Lots of menus have been updated, like when you're getting a different haircut, tattoo or clothes. They must have really worked on the color palette because everything seems much brighter and clean. I'm really impressed with how everything looks, I've seen small details I never could before because of how sharp it is now

The best part so far is that they added a checkpoint system for missions, that's huge. I remember there being some extremely frustrating missions in this game, and I don't want to be driving from the hospital to a mission every time I fail on an iPad/iPhone game

Controls are better than I expected, but still touch screen controls for a game like this will never be perfect. There's apparently lots of options for customizing them to your liking and support for any iPad/iPhone controller so controls aren't an issue

With cloud saving connected to your Rockstar account for cross-saves between all your devices on top of all this, I'm thinking this will be the best $7 I've ever spent
Supply Lines. Oh god I forgot about Supply Lines.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #7
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Whoa! Grand Theft Auto has missions?
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:43 PM   #8
LockedOut
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anybody going to search for the Yeti.
LockedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #9
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

So...jealous. Can't wait till it's on Android

Posted from Calgarypuck.com App for Android
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #10
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any word on when this is being released on Android?

Old 12-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #11
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Its in the play store now.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #12
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks, ya I got er on Friday. Some impressive upgrades over their Vice City app last year. Touch screen driving will always be rough, but it's not nearly as infuriating as VC. Love the mission checkpoints too, it was badly needed.