Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #2001
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
Yeah I guess. I don't know, I guess I'm not a fan of the idea that Walt kills himself. Seems sort of anti-climactic. I hope Jessie or someone in his family pulls the trigger.

Can you imagine if it was Walt Jr.?
Ugh, no I can't imagine that. If you want shock and awe TV watch True Blood or something.
Tinordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #2002
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi View Post
Ugh, no I can't imagine that. If you want shock and awe TV watch True Blood or something.
Walt Jr. might have been a bit extreme but Marie could do it.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #2003
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't help but think of what Jesse told Hank just before the desert shootout. Whatever you think is supposed to happen, the opposite will happen. Only this time, I am expecting Jesse to have the luck.

I think Walt plans on using the ricin on himself, but Jesse will switch it out with something else. I can see Walt hoping to take it once in custody but then not finding it. I am expecting Walt to get locked up and at the very end, a prison doctor telling him that he is back in remission.

For some reason, I am also expecting the fixer to get the money from New Hampsire to Skylar. He never said that he wouldn't.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #2004
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi View Post
Agreed, having someone from the family kill him would be idiotic. Jesse is a possibility, but even then I just can't picture a way that it happens.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #2005
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Less idiotic then characters whose development before this season consisted of a grand total of 2 minutes of screen time? Jack and Todd are basically randoms in the grand scheme of the show.

Might as well have Bogdon come back and kill Walt for screwing him out of the car wash. Hell, Ted Beneke would be a better choice.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #2006
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I can't help but think of what Jesse told Hank just before the desert shootout. Whatever you think is supposed to happen, the opposite will happen. Only this time, I am expecting Jesse to have the luck.

I think Walt plans on using the ricin on himself, but Jesse will switch it out with something else. I can see Walt hoping to take it once in custody but then not finding it. I am expecting Walt to get locked up and at the very end, a prison doctor telling him that he is back in remission.

For some reason, I am also expecting the fixer to get the money from New Hampsire to Skylar. He never said that he wouldn't.
I don't understand this fixer guy, is he the one person in the criminal underworld with ethics? He takes Walt out to the middle of nowhere, no prying eyes, barrel full of money in plain site (far more than what Walt is paying him), and he doesn't just kill Walt and take it? Even if he's not a violent guy what's stopping him from just taking the money and leaving? Cancer ridden Walt couldn't stop him physically, and he doesn't have a gun that I've seen. It just doesn't add up
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #2007
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Less idiotic then characters whose development before this season consisted of a grand total of 2 minutes of screen time? Jack and Todd are basically randoms in the grand scheme of the show.

Might as well have Bogdon come back and kill Walt for screwing him out of the car wash. Hell, Ted Beneke would be a better choice.
Alan Sepinwall addressed this pretty well in his latest article on Breaking Bad. They're here to erase the glamour of the business.

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...tate-no-escape
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #2008
Ark2
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
I don't understand this fixer guy, is he the one person in the criminal underworld with ethics? He takes Walt out to the middle of nowhere, no prying eyes, barrel full of money in plain site (far more than what Walt is paying him), and he doesn't just kill Walt and take it? Even if he's not a violent guy what's stopping him from just taking the money and leaving? Cancer ridden Walt couldn't stop him physically, and he doesn't have a gun that I've seen. It just doesn't add up
I got the impression that he is just waiting for Walt to die. Then he will take the money. This way he still gets rich but doesn't have to burden himself with the guilt of killing Walt. Who knows though? Maybe he is just waiting for Walt to get a little bit weaker before making a move.
Ark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #2009
Red
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Alan Sepinwall addressed this pretty well in his latest article on Breaking Bad. They're here to erase the glamour of the business.

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...tate-no-escape
That's one guy's opinion though. And if anything, they are primitive hitmen and not meth businessmen. Nothing to take glamour off there.
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #2010
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
At one point Gus was a minor character.

So was Lydia.

I don't understand what is so horrible about introducing new characters throughout the series as the landscape of the meth business changes.

Jack and Todd have now been in many episodes and had a lot of screen time. They are no longer fringe characters at all. What is so horrible about new characters coming in the last two seasons and having major impact on the story line?

As Walt took out his opposition to maintain his status/move up (Emilio, Krazy 8,Tuco, The rival dealers, Gus, Mike) there was always going to be someone else taking a shot at his business, as it's obviously very lucrative. Someone had to be last, and I don't get the grip that it's these guys? He's kind of taken out everyone else, and they are the most recent to go after his business.
Bill Bumface is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #2011
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Why does everyone think the supremacists are just fillers...random characters. Walt hired them to pull off the prison killings and then do other dirty work for him. He brought them into his life and in the underworld there's always someone wanting to take what you have. The Cartel did it to Gus, Gus did it to the Cartel, Walt did it to Tueco (sp?) and Gus. Now it's only natural that it is being taken from him by the guys he brought in.

I think it's a perfectly natural progression of the story. In hindsight it's a bad decision by Walt to get mixed up with them. Mike was right Walt ruined everything by trying to be "The Man".

Last edited by Radio; 09-23-2013 at 01:25 PM. Reason: hulkrogan beat me to it...and much more eloquently
Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Radio For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #2012
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
That's one guy's opinion though. And if anything, they are primitive hitmen and not meth businessmen. Nothing to take glamour off there.
Well, that's sort of the point, there are no "meth businessmen", there are thugs who deal meth.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #2013
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The prison gang is the perfect allegory to making a deal with the devil. In saving himself by using them Walt has ruined everything. They're also just a larger metaphor of the drug business. You can't be in the business without these types of guys around and sooner or later they'll bite you.
Tinordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #2014
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

I would be completely fine with the nazis being another Gus or Tuco, but the series should end with a climax between one of the main characters. Hank is gone so Jessie is the only one left.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #2015
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
Felina.

FE(iron)=Blood
LI(lithium)=Meth
NA(sodium)=Tears
Also 'Felina' is an anagram for 'Finale'.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #2016
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone else read that Felina is an anagram for Finale? Don't think I've seen it posted yet.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #2017
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
Anyone else read that Felina is an anagram for Finale? Don't think I've seen it posted yet.
Oops, looks like it was posted once or twice before...
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #2018
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's also the feminine version of "feline" in Spanish. I can't imagine where that meaning would come into play though.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #2019
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
La Fine is also "The End" in Italian.

Coincidence?!!?!
Old 09-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #2020
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I personally think Todd's role in the show from one of the guys on the fumigation crew to where he is now has been fascinating. All the while this seemingly nice, genuine, ethical kid is a psychopath.

Once he killed Drew Sharpe I knew there's way more to Todd than meets the eye. He's able to commit these brutal crimes yet he does so in a manner that doesn't make you hate the guy. A brilliant character.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 8sPOT For This Useful Post: