Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #1
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default 24 Returning to Fox?

Very interesting...

Quote:
In a surprising bit of TV news, FOX is reportedly considering a revival of its hit real-time drama 24 as a limited event series.

Deadline reports that star Kiefer Sutherland is in talks to reprise his Emmy-winning role as Jack Bauer. While no deal is in place just yet, Sutherland is now technically free after his current show Touch was cancelled earlier today by FOX - though this news makes it clear the network are very keen to stay in business with Sutherland.

When 24 first ended its eight-season run, there were talks of a feature film that could potentially pick up the story. Ultimately, of course, that project never took off. Now, the idea is to start from scratch and delve into a completely new arc that will likely be supervised by Howard Gordon, 24's former showrunner.
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/05/0...turning-to-fox

This makes sense, as there still might be a bit of life left in the franchise, and it doesn't look like the expected movie is going to happen. Obviously Touch isn't going to hold Sutherland back, and its ratings would probably put it at the top of Fox's dramas.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trackercowe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2013, 02:43 AM   #2
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Don't care what people think about the last couple of seasons, 24 needs to come back.

The show was always awesome.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 3 Justin 3 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2013, 08:05 AM   #3
User Name
Backup Goalie

Exp:

This. Would. Be. Awesome.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:35 AM   #4
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
Only if he has no daughter this time around. Elisha single-handedly ruined the series for me. I could barely tolerate her as a useless always-get-in-trouble daughter, but just couldn't watch anymore when she suddenly became uber-hacker/analyst.
psyang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:20 AM   #5
Ashartus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
Don't care what people think about the last couple of seasons, 24 needs to come back.

The show was always awesome.
I loved most of the early seasons, but I think the show had run its course and was getting a bit over the top by the end.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #6
YYC in LAX
First Line Centre

Exp:

Did they scrap the movie?

YYC in LAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:39 AM   #7
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

This would make my heart happy as well. I don't watch a lot of TV but I loved this show
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #8
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Agreed, that last few seasons were pretty bad, but the first few were among my favourite tv moments of all time.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:54 AM   #9
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

In the words of the Chinese Ambassador in the final scene of season 5, "Kill you? Oh no, you're much to valuable to kill Mr. Bauer."
Old 05-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #10
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC in LAX View Post
Did they scrap the movie?

Quote:
When 24 first ended its eight-season run, there were talks of a feature film that could potentially pick up the story. Ultimately, of course, that project never took off.
I would watch it again.

The later seasons were weaker obviously (although Tony's betrayal was awesome) but tons of shocking moments over the years.
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #11
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Season 7 was pretty good. Season 6 was horrible.

Still one of my best shows ever.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #12
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I've already written a script

6:00 am to 7:00 am

We zoom in on Jack Bauer in bed snoring away happily

7:00 am to 7:05am

Jack Bauer is on the phone "Yeah boss, I'm not feeling well I think I should stay home and just get on top of this thing (coughs weakly) yeah, I get it lots of fluids and sleep check" Bauer hangs up the phone claps his hands together in the whole cleaning motion and looks at the camera "And that's how you do it"

7:05 am to 9:30 am

We see Bauer snoring away in bed, he roles over and we see a three foot long string of drool going to his mouth to the pillow. The camera zooms to the White House we see a concerned looking president surrounded by aides and military dudes with way too many stars and medals and cool sunglasses, we can't forget the cool sunglasses.

President - "Another nuclear terrorist threat, get me Jack Bauer by god"

Aide - "We've tried to call him repeatedly but his phones off and his vm box is full by god"

President - "Oh my god by god"

9:30 am to 10 am

We see Jack Bauer sitting at the kitchen table looking bleary eyed as he grimly eats a bowl of fruity pebbles while reading the back of the cereal box.

10:00 am to 11:00 am

We see Bauer sitting on the couch with an x-box controller in his hand frantically jamming buttons and screaming. He mutters "I'm the best damn super agent in the world and I'm totally getting owned in battlefield by god"

We flash back to the White House

Aide - "Its clear that the terrorists are an off shoot of the IRA, the Icelandic Revolutionary Army and they've made a nuclear bomb out of decaying sheep and wood and sir . .. the bomb is in play"

The president looks shocked and shouts

"gods damnit have we gotten a hold of Bauer yet? by god"

A terrified aide screeches "His phones still off by god"

President- "Then go over to his house and get him by god, chances are those Icelandic #######s have already kidnapped him or his daughter. Am I the only guy that reads these scripts."

11:00 am to 11:15 am

"We see a closed bathroom door at Jack Bauers house, we hear hilarious farting sounds and groans followed by a sound like somebody dropped 2 tons of steel into a lake "That was a good one"

11:15 am to 11:30 am

We see Bauer sitting on his couch staring at the t.v. while he ruthlessly continues to adjust his er package. He finally gets up and walks out the door and gets on a bus. We then see the presidents aide hammer on his door

11:30 am til about 2:30 PM
We see Jack Bauer at a budget rent a car renting a Porche
We see a worried president screaming at hi aide as they report that Bauer has been kidnapped, the President mutters a few stunned "By god"
We see Bauer tooling around town. He stops at a parade where he hands the keys to a couple of sketchy looking lot attendants.
We see Bauer standing impatiently in a lineup at MacDonalds
We see a couple of guys in parkas huddling over what is apparently a bomb made out of sheep guts and wood.
We see Bauer scarfing down a big mac and large fries then he gets up and leaves not bothering to throw out all of his MacDonald's garbage.
We see the rental Porche majestically flying through the air in slow motion as the two parking lot attendants laugh.
We see Bauer snagging a fly ball at a Nationals game.
We flash to the presidents office as he's looking glum , his clutch agent kidnapped, Icelanders with the bomb. The game is playing in the background and we see Bauer celebrating the catch. The picture changes just as the President glances at the T.V.

2:30 pm to 3:30 pm

a parade passes in front of the White House. Bauer is on one of the floats singing "Enter Sandman by Metallica as the crowd goes wild. Just as the float passes from view we see the President turn and look out the window and mutters "Look at those poor #######s, they have no idea what's coming.

3:30 pm to5:30 pm

We see Bauer picking up the rental Porche, he looks at the Odometer and his eyes nearly blow out of his head and he see's how many miles have been added to the car.

We go to the Presidents office

Military Advisor - "We can confirm that the bomb is in play and those dirty Icelanders are going after a high value target"

President - "My God"

Aide - "And we can't find Bauer but we can confirm that his daughter is at a hockey game. The T.V. turns to a picture of Eliza Cuthbert rolling her eyes at Reimer's wife. The President chuckles then looks grim.

We see the Icelanders carrying the bomb sneakily across a parking lot

We see Bauer frantically driving the Porche in reverse at 100 miles an hour down a highway. Every guy watching the show suddenly gets aroused.

5:30pm to 5:45 pm

We see Bauer at the rental place angrily throwing bills at the attendant

5:45 pm to 6:00 pm

The President scowls as his Aide announces that they've narrowed the terrorists target list down to thousand by god.

6:00 pm to 6:30 pm

Bauer stands by his microwave watching it countdown. It bings and Bauer scratches his butt and then pulls out his Turkey pot pie and cracks a beer and starts eating

6:30 PM to 7:00 pm

We see the dirty Icelanders making a final adjustment to the bomb.

7:00pm to 8:30 pm

We see Bauer watching T.V. and scratching himself. Looking bored when inspiration hits him he picks up the phone and talks for a few minutes.

8:30 pm to 9:00 pm

We see the terrorists board a plane looking all smug and stuff.

We see the President sitting surrounded by kids reading a book called my little bunny. An Aide whispers in his ear and the President stares ahead for a minute then continues reading the book.

9:00 PM

Bauer's door bell rings he answers the door to reveal a fake blond chick with a crazy look in her eyes wearing stiletto boots and a mini skirt. She introduces herself as Candy and Bauer hands her a stack of bills and she comes inside the door closes.

9:03 PM

The door opens and Candy leaves.

9:03 pm til 11:45 pm

Aide - "Mister President its a disaster, the bombs in play, we don't know where it is, Bauer's missing and his daughter is engaged to Dion Phaneuf.

President - "My God"

We see Bauer on his couch staring blankly at the wall, he sobs silently and then takes a swig from a bottle of Jack Daniels. Finally the bottle is empty, he tips it over and shakes out a final drop and then throws the bottle over his shoulder where it breaks against a cheesy 70's style faux brick wall.

He gets up and staggers to his bedroom turning out lights as he goes and just falls face down on his bed unconscious before he hits the matress.

We zoom in on the bomb and then slowly zoom out until we see that its resting under some kind of monument thing. The timer hits zero just as we see a sign announcing "The worlds biggest ball of string"

Suddenly the scene erupts in a Nuclear Holocaust.

We get a slow motion montage

We see Iowa burning
We see the President dropping his drink and watching in slow motion as it spills all over the carpet
We see two homeless guys brawling
A two year old dressed up in a Princess outfit kicking a dog
We see Dion Phaneuf committing yet another brutal give away, then Eliza Cuthbert putting her head in her hands and sobbing about what's happened to her career
We see Bauer snoring drunkenly away on his bed
We see the Icelandic terrorists in a pub made out of confederate era army tents, they raise their glasses of vodka mixed with seal blubber as they celebrate their mighty blow against Democracy
we see the car rental agent pocketing the cash given to him by Bauer and then walking into the night whistling

12:00 turns to 12:01

And then we see credits.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #13
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Will not watch. Can't they think of any new ideas? The last couple of seasons of 24 were garbage.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #14
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I've already written a script

snip

And then we see credits.
It's 24, not 18
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #15
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Saved budget dollars on the 6 hours of sleep

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:21 PM   #16
onetwo_threefour
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm glad they didn't make a movie. Who wants to sit through a 24 hour movie? Or were they going to call it 2?

Since the whole premise of the show was a story that happens over 24hours told in real time...
Old 05-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #17
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

I felt like Homeland was pretty much just a better 24 anyway. I'd watch it though.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #18
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
So excited!
DoubleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #19
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I used to quite enjoy the "Jack Bauer Power Hour", but lost track after season 3.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #20
kipperfan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Last couple of seasons jumped the shark but I would definitely watch again. Along with Lost and the X-Files, one of the only network drama's I've ever enjoyed.

Fyodor Dostoevsky - The Brothers Karamazov
kipperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kipperfan For This Useful Post:

Tags
gougars , previously on 24 , tony almeida rules