Exp:

Love cereal, hate the milk at the end!
Old 11-11-2012, 12:40 AM   #42
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Mints View Post
Not a big cereal eater at all, but this is my favourite. I've had the same box for probably two years:

You can tell you're not a big cereal eater by your bowl. How are you supposed to drink the milk at the end?

I find that I will eat a certain cereal for a couple weeks straight then get sick of it and its type of cereals (ex. corn flakes/frosted flakes). What are some good change of pace breakfast cereals that go well in large quantities?
Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #43
sun
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

sun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #44
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffnstuff View Post
When I was a kid Cookie Crisp was the be all and end all.
My parents never let us have anything sugar filled, so I always would watch Saturday morning cartoons and dream of the day I could buy it on my own.

Fast forward 20 years, and boom they sell the 1.5kg big box at Costco, it was like it was meant to be. Brought it home, and cracked it open on my 32nd birthday. Oh the anticipation...

and it was totally disgusting. Just like those 80's sitcoms you thought were oh so hillarious, time, old age, and taste that plain white sugar can't answer ruins it. Just tasted like a pile of crunchy chemicals.

Too bad too, I really wanted to love it. Those dog and cop cartoon commercials had a hold on me a long time ago, "Can't get enough of that cooookie crisp!" Sigh.
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #45
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Easy dinner tonight. A giant bowl of Life cereal... Soooooo good.

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #46
Hans Landa
Self Lifetime Suspended

Exp:

How did I miss this thread?

I've been eating Quaker Oatmeal Raisins & Spice pretty much every day since I could consume solid food. I eat 3 packs at a time every morning. I only miss out on it while on vacation or, like this week, away from home for work.

Admittedly, I truly believe I have OCD to some degree. I am very particular in how I make it, where I sit to eat it, how I sit to eat it, how I stir it and how I chew it. When my wife sees me doing my oatmeal thing, she walks away (in some kind of denial I'm sure).

For a late night snack cereal, I like the Dorset Cereals, but it's expensive. Holy Crap is also really good mixed with Chocolate Almond Milk. But at $13 for a small sack of the crap it can #### off.
Hans Landa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:05 PM   #47
ricosuave
Threadkiller

Exp:

Old 11-16-2012, 01:20 AM   #48
saskflames69
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Breakfast of champions! One box left!

Connor Zary will win the Hart Trophy in 2027.
saskflames69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #49
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSutterWeTrust View Post
I bought this when I was down in the states earlier this year, good stuff, havent been able to find it in Canada yet.

I bought this by mistake in the States last week when I wanted regular Raisin Bran - tastes like hobo butt. Frickin' awful, and way too sugary.

My dad takes Shreddies down to the USA with him, due to the lack of this vital breakfast product in those benighted lands. Mmm, Shreddies.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #50
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wait till it soaks up all the milk, eat it as a gruel

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #51
North East Goon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

When I was a wee lad Winnie the Pooh Hunny Munch cereal was the go to treat. Sadly I dont think these have been around since the very early 80's.
North East Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:27 AM   #52
North East Goon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator75 View Post
I dislike Shreddies, as you have to shovel them down in 15 seconds before it turns into complete mush.
Cereal should be able to remain somewhat crunchy.
Clarke Griswold is working for you.
North East Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #53
Misterpants
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I've always been big into cereal. It's so sad that the era of the "prize inside the box" is gone though. My son will never get to experience the thrill of opening the brand new box and digging your hand to the bottom to find whatever trinket they were giving away that month. I remember the best giveaway ever was when they were giving away wacky wall crawlers. Oh man that was a happy day in the Pants household.

I also have to give a shout out to the best cereal of all time...

Misterpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:28 PM   #54
KOgear
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I hated Cap'n Crunch cause it would cut my mouth everytime I ate it. Terrible Cereal.

But the greatest cereal back in the day was Flinstones Pebbles Cereal! So goood!
KOgear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #55
Baxter Renegade
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
It's a snowy saturday morning (and a long weekend to boot) -- perfect time for a delicious bowl of cereal.

I admit I'm a cereal nerd. I have 15-20 boxes of cereal in a cupboard that's basically nothing but cereal. There have been times I've had cereal for dinner; other times I'll have a bowl of sweeter cereal (i.e. Frosted Flakes or Cinnamon Toast Crunch) for dessert. Wife thinks I'm weird; I'm pretty sure I've passed the cereal gene onto my 2.5 year old.

Grocery shopping is like buying stocks -- once the price of a cereal drops to a certain point, I know it's time to stock up

My favorite growing up was Honey Nut Corn Flakes; they discontinued that a long time ago, but I was happy to discover that they recently reintroduced it in the US (as "Crunchy Nut - Golden Honey Nut"). I opened the box, unsealed the bag, smelled inside and was immediately transplanted some 20 years. /coolstorybro

Other favorites include Oatmeal Crisp - Triple Berry, and Special K Fruit and Yogurt. Recently picked up Special K Multigrain Oats and Honey (also from the US) which is pretty good too. Lots of milk; sliced bananas as an added treat (but only on rare occasions).

What are your cereal preferences?

+1 for the leftover milk at the bottom of the bowl
***Drool***

The Vanilla Almond Oatmeal Crisp is also incredible... Super Vanilla-ey.

Cereal makes an awesome breakfast, lunch or dinner! Ive also been known to enjoy it as a midnight snack, or anytime the munchies strike.
Baxter Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:08 AM   #56
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

New Cereal bar in Vancouver. Does anyone in Calgary do this?
Waldorf Hotel Cereal Bar
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:56 AM   #57
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
You can tell you're not a big cereal eater by your bowl. How are you supposed to drink the milk at the end?

I actually yanked that image off Google and put it on my own Photobucket account so it wouldn't get shot down for hot linking . . . and I assure you, my bowls are much deeper than the one pictured - they even have a handle!
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:38 AM   #58
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
New Cereal bar in Vancouver. Does anyone in Calgary do this?
Waldorf Hotel Cereal Bar
only a hipster would pay $5 for a "big" bowl of cereal
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #59
homestand
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Don't eat cereal anymore, but when I did I used to mix two or three types to make my own creation.
homestand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:59 AM   #60
Montana Moe
First Line Centre

Exp:

Cap'n Crunch, AKA Horatio Magellan Crunch.

Many varieties. All are acceptable in small doses. Too much of the Cap'n comes in many forms. Physically, the roof of your mouth will be ruined by too much Cap'n Crunch. Nutritionally? Well, let's just say that more is not necessarily better. In fact, assuming there is any value in Cap'n Crunch is a fool's errand.

Per Wikipedia:
This Day in History: May 21, 2009
Quote:
On May 21, 2009, Judge Morrison England, Jr., of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California dismissed the case Sugawara v. PepsiCo, Inc.[28] The plaintiff, Janine Sugawara, claimed she had purchased the cereal Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries because she believed "crunchberries" indicated she was eating real fruit. Sugawara alleged that after four years of purchasing the product she had only recently discovered to her dismay that said "berries" were in fact simply brightly colored cereal balls. The judge commented "In this case...it is simply impossible for Plaintiff to file an amended complaint stating a claim based upon these facts. The survival of the instant claim would require this Court to ignore all concepts of personal responsibility and common sense. The Court has no intention of allowing that to happen."
The idea of adding Crunchberries to Cap'n Crunch was a bold one that seemed to pay off in spades. All berries? Too much.
Overexposure has killed many a successful product. Less is more.

Last edited by Montana Moe; 05-27-2018 at 09:08 AM.
Montana Moe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Montana Moe For This Useful Post:
V