Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-09-2013, 11:49 PM   #81
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

So when Topaz was in the room and they allowed the rest of the house to listen in, that was the worst type of manipulation I have ever seen on a show of this type. I couldn't believe they allowed that to happen. If you want the cast to continue talking, why would they make that happen?
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nage Waza For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #82
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage Waza View Post
So when Topaz was in the room and they allowed the rest of the house to listen in, that was the worst type of manipulation I have ever seen on a show of this type. I couldn't believe they allowed that to happen. If you want the cast to continue talking, why would they make that happen?
I was kind of suprised by this as well but it didn't seem to cause her game any permanent damage. She survived the eviction vote.

In the same breath, it was VERY dumb of her to talk out loud. Why, in the BB household, would you do that?
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #83
Flamesoholic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
I was kind of suprised by this as well but it didn't seem to cause her game any permanent damage. She survived the eviction vote.

In the same breath, it was VERY dumb of her to talk out loud. Why, in the BB household, would you do that?
I think it was because in the American BB the conversations with Julie Chen in the HOH room are always confidential (at least from the other houseguests). This was the first time that a conversation between the host and the HOH was broadcast to the other houseguests. Topaz had no reason at that time to believe they would show her talking to herself to the other guests.
That host chick (who is absolutely brutal if you ask me) was also asking Topaz what she was thinking and so was leading Topaz to explain her thought processes out loud for everyone downstairs to hear. Sure she didn't need to talk to herself as much as she did, but she really had no reason to think that the other guests were listening.

Now I know there's not a lot of integrity in shows like this, but this move really bugged me. As a viewer I know production leads the show down paths they want it to take for the best stories, but this crossed the line in my opinion. I really don't think the US version would ever do this to their guests. This is way too much production interference for my tastes.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #84
Nage Waza

Exp:

I saw a blinking blue light in the HOH room during Topaz's chat, I wonder if that is a cue in the game?
Old 04-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #85
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I'm of the opinion that Peter REALLY screwed up last week by not taking Topaz of the block with the POV.

Am I missing something as to why he didnt? Especially with this week showing how basically everyone seems to be against Gilian and Emmet.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #86
D to the iddy
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

My thought is that because Emmett didn't nominate him, Peter thought he was tight with Emmett/Jillian into the final 3 and didn't want to ruffle any feathers. Who knows what he was actually thinking though.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #87
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D to the iddy View Post
My thought is that because Emmett didn't nominate him, Peter thought he was tight with Emmett/Jillian into the final 3 and didn't want to ruffle any feathers. Who knows what he was actually thinking though.
That and he didn't really like or trust Topaz. I think he thought he could play the middle between a Emmett/Jillian vs Andrew/Talla battle going forward but didn't know they had an alliance.

Glad they showed the other houseguests mocking him for making the wrong move. I had high hopes for The Shield but they didn't end up being that great. Hell, most of the big moves they made (or didn't make) looked like it hurt them.

Going after Tom was iffy. As big of an idiot as he was, he didn't really pose a threat to them. In fact he probably keeps his word and they could divide the house while playing both sides. That's a move that might look bad in hindsight, but it's hard to really say how things turn out with him.

But making an alliance with Gary and Topaz only to break it the next week looks bad. Doing so by voting out a "useless" player in AJ and keeping Andrew who right away gunned for them shows they didn't know the house as well as they thought.

Then Alec throwing his competition to Peter made little sense. Would have had a far greater chance of voting out Topaz if it was Peter beside her instead of Alec.

And finally Peter keeping in Andrew over Topaz.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #88
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've seen a lot of stupid things on reality shows, but tonight's finale takes the cake.

Yes, Topaz, you are quite possibly the biggest moron ever.

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Regulator75 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2013, 10:14 PM   #89
Guest1

It looked kinda fake. She was either drunk or she wanted J to win and she just didn't want to look bad for G.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:15 PM   #90
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well that was a very interesting finale. Shame such a good season had to end the way it did. You could feel the awkwardness in the air.

Despite the way it ended, I thought they did a very good job with the show. I was worried it was going to suck but found it to be just as entertaining, if not more so than the American version. Hopefully season 2 goes a little more smoothly.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:42 PM   #91
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

The producers interfered way too much in BB canada
albertGQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:32 AM   #92
Nage Waza

Exp:

I can't stand people at the end who refuse to vote for the person that should win and instead vote simply based on jealousy and venom. Thankfully Topaz was the biggest dummy of them all and messed everything up.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:49 AM   #93
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Peter is a bitter sore loser
albertGQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:08 AM   #94
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, Peter took it all far too personally.

All I could do was laugh at Topaz though.
dammage79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #95
JayP
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post
The producers interfered way too much in BB canada
Yeah it really ruined what otherwise would've been one of the best seasons in awhile.

I hate the idea of bringing back evicted house guests, but to do it after they've been in the jury house for two weeks is completely ridiculous. IIRC, anytime the US Big Brother has brought people back it's before they get the jury house (but are still sequestered). Once people are in jury they're free to discuss every last hidden detail about what's happening in the house openly and it gives that person a massive advantage (along with a two week vacation where everyone else is fighting for their lives).

Good thing Topaz f'ed up or this would've been one of the worst BB winners ever.
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote