Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 09:21 PM   #14241
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

While I think the source on the Tkachuk was a totally fabricated rumour, creating a market for a trade for him could yield a huge haul. It’d have to be done in the off-season to offload salaries but for a guy healthy but just unhappy I could see a comparable return to what an injured Eichel may ultimately bring back. Minimum two first rounders and a nice prospect. Works for me. As for the next deal it’d have to be Monahan and he could probably get a first and a prospect. If Treliving could do that and offload some of the veteran salary that would be an excellent start to the rebuild.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2021, 10:05 PM   #14242
Yobbo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chonger View Post
I just dont buy it. Why are we catering to Tkachuk and sending him where he wants to go? There has got to be a better return out there for him than a broken down Tarasenko. If he wants out fine i get it, but then at the same time F what he wants. Even if its the only place hes willing to sign long term you still have to see what other offers are out there.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
I completely agree. It's one reason I told him to take that article with a grain of salt when he sent it to me.
Old 06-23-2021, 08:10 AM   #14243
Pickle Juice
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

The less we continue to hear about the Flames not being rumoured to be in on Eichel the more I think our doctors have advised Tre not to go through with this.
I’m really shocked nothing has been reported with regards to Tre not sniffing around. This is a huge offseason for him and as big of an advocate I am for him, I really think if he doesn’t do something crazy it could be his last.
Old 06-23-2021, 08:17 AM   #14244
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle Juice View Post
The less we continue to hear about the Flames not being rumoured to be in on Eichel the more I think our doctors have advised Tre not to go through with this.
I’m really shocked nothing has been reported with regards to Tre not sniffing around. This is a huge offseason for him and as big of an advocate I am for him, I really think if he doesn’t do something crazy it could be his last.
I'm not an advocate for Tre by any means here, I think his time is done and we should move on into a re-tool/rebuild without him if I had my choice.

But with that said I think its pretty clear that Tre is always in on everything we just never hear about it. Look no further than the Dougie + Ferland to Carolina move just a few years ago, none of us were talking about this and it happened.

I think the Flames would sniff around for sure, and through due diligence maybe they did decide to steer clear based on Doctors recommendation.
With that said we'll certainly know come draft time...
If there's one think I do trust when it comes to Tre is that he is certainly in the know when it comes to moves available to him.
Old 06-23-2021, 08:20 AM   #14245
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Just thinking of the Burke factor…

What about Tkachuk to the Penguins?

Kapanen, Marino…+. I don’t know enough about Pittsburgh’s prospects. They probably have nothing due to trading picks like maniacs.
Old 06-23-2021, 08:23 AM   #14246
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Just thinking of the Burke factor…

What about Tkachuk to the Penguins?

Kapanen, Marino…+. I don’t know enough about Pittsburgh’s prospects. They probably have nothing due to trading picks like maniacs.
This is a joke right?
Kapanen and Marino +? Is the + their next 5 1st round picks?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Royle9 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2021, 08:24 AM   #14247
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royle9 View Post
This is a joke right?
Kapanen and Marino +? Is the + their next 5 1st round picks?

Yeah I was sort of typing out loud and blanked on any premium assets haha. Don’t mind me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2021, 10:03 AM   #14248
Pickle Juice
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royle9 View Post
I'm not an advocate for Tre by any means here, I think his time is done and we should move on into a re-tool/rebuild without him if I had my choice.

But with that said I think its pretty clear that Tre is always in on everything we just never hear about it. Look no further than the Dougie + Ferland to Carolina move just a few years ago, none of us were talking about this and it happened.

I think the Flames would sniff around for sure, and through due diligence maybe they did decide to steer clear based on Doctors recommendation.
With that said we'll certainly know come draft time...
If there's one think I do trust when it comes to Tre is that he is certainly in the know when it comes to moves available to him.
I agree we didn’t hear about the Dougie trade but I’m sure Pierre Lebrun was at the very least suggesting there was smoke there.

Pierre Lebrun seems to be the flames whisper and he already came out with a piece on who he thinks would be involved and the Flames were not in that conversation. I do believe Tre has probably called I just don’t think there is an interest between both sides at this time. Pure speculation on my part!
The Following User Says Thank You to Pickle Juice For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2021, 11:22 AM   #14249
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

LolEklund is saying the Flames are talking to the Sabres about Eichel for a deal centering around Gaudreau++ (also mentions the Flames have interest in Hall).

Come on Eklund a quick Twitter search should show you that you need to change Gaudreau to Tkachuk for your fake rumors
Old 06-23-2021, 11:24 AM   #14250
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Frank Seravalli announced today that he has joined Daily Faceoff. Here is his Top 20 Trade Targets list for the summer: https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/seraval...ummer-of-jack/

He has Gaudreau listed at #8.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:33 AM   #14251
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
LolEklund is saying the Flames are talking to the Sabres about Eichel for a deal centering around Gaudreau++ (also mentions the Flames have interest in Hall).

Come on Eklund a quick Twitter search should show you that you need to change Gaudreau to Tkachuk for your fake rumors
I find it incredible (and sad) that people give Eklund the time of day at all. He's been BSing people for well over a decade, and people still give him attention.

Guess this is why con men exist.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joborule For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2021, 11:37 AM   #14252
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
I find it incredible (and sad) that people give Eklund the time of day at all. He's been BSing people for well over a decade, and people still give him attention.

Guess this is why con men exist.
It's kind of fascinating. I only ever hear Eklund rumours here, and they're usually contextualized with "it's Eklund so it's crap but here is what he's saying!" with a few people posting them as legitimate rumours once in a while.

But like... if Eklund is crap... why post his rumours? Why read them? It's bizarre. It's what keeps the man going.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2021, 11:58 AM   #14253
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

The same reason TMZ and ET still go. It's literally anything fans can get their hands on. Eklund has been tabloid stuff for decades. Accept it. It's something to talk about.
Old 06-23-2021, 12:21 PM   #14254
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has Eklund been remotely close to breaking anything over the last 5 years? As Pepsi said I only hear Eklund rumors here and they are usually pretty far fetched.
Old 06-23-2021, 12:24 PM   #14255
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Frank Seravalli announced today that he has joined Daily Faceoff. Here is his Top 20 Trade Targets list for the summer: https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/seraval...ummer-of-jack/

He has Gaudreau listed at #8.
He should be a target. Whether he is a good person to trade is entirely contract based.
Old 06-23-2021, 12:37 PM   #14256
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

because it's something to talk about. Isn't that why we're here? We are starved for hockey related news, the Flames had a bad year, we're watching other teams play instead of our team and there isn't much else going on to talk about.

Some hockey talk, even if it's completely fabricated but at least gives you something to talk about, is better than no hockey talk.
Old 06-23-2021, 12:48 PM   #14257
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
because it's something to talk about. Isn't that why we're here? We are starved for hockey related news, the Flames had a bad year, we're watching other teams play instead of our team and there isn't much else going on to talk about.

Some hockey talk, even if it's completely fabricated but at least gives you something to talk about, is better than no hockey talk.
I can start making up rumours if you'd like.

Hearing Calgary, Buffalo, and the Rangers are discussing a three-way trade that could see Reinhart and Lindholm both move. Please discuss.
Old 06-23-2021, 12:55 PM   #14258
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post

Hearing Calgary, Buffalo, and the Rangers are discussing a three-way trade that could see Reinhart and Lindholm both move. Please discuss.
It’s basically what everyone does. Everyone on the radio and tv. They look at what teams need, what players don’t seem to be fits (cap or otherwise), and they float ideas around. 95% of the time it isn’t something they actually heard.

It’s basically educated guessing.
Old 06-23-2021, 12:56 PM   #14259
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post

“Saying “hearing” is a little different, no? Now you get the question - hearing from who?

We tend to lump a whole bunch of different stories into “trade rumours”. There are some obvious speculation/armchair GM - just a pundits opinion of what they think would work. Some are actual reporting on what insiders in various clubs have said. Some are planted by agents or GMs. And some is just very waffle stuff intended to get clicks and to make it appear the reporter is on the job.
Old 06-23-2021, 12:57 PM   #14260
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

I did some bad math and figured that a connected legit insider like Friedman may float 20 rumors a year. Eklund goes around 750 a year.

Either he's a fraud (yes) or is the single most connected human being in all of professional sports.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread