Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-09-2017, 04:11 PM   #101
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
That was a epic game, and the Thunder's first win of the season.

What was the bowler thinking though, he should have pulled a Trevor Chappell

Old 01-16-2017, 09:11 PM   #102
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow, this was scary! You see players losing bats all the time in baseball but I've never seen it in cricket.

Thankfully the wicket keeper Peter Nevill seems to be okay although he is still undergoing testing to determine if swelling in his cheek is being caused by a hairline fracture or a burst blood vessel.
Old 01-19-2017, 09:41 AM   #103
ClubFlames
Posted the 2 millionth post!

Exp:

A great match between India and England.

India was 25/3 at one point but the grizzled veterans Dhoni (134 off 122 balls) and Yuvraj (150 off 127 balls) came through with an epic partnership of 256 runs and India ended up with a score of 381/6. England almost chased it down with an amazing innings by Morgan (102 off 81 balls) but ended up only 15 runs short.

India - 381/6
England - 366/8

ClubFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 11:56 PM   #104
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubFlames View Post
A great match between India and England.

India was 25/3 at one point but the grizzled veterans Dhoni (134 off 122 balls) and Yuvraj (150 off 127 balls) came through with an epic partnership of 256 runs and India ended up with a score of 381/6. England almost chased it down with an amazing innings by Morgan (102 off 81 balls) but ended up only 15 runs short.

India - 381/6
England - 366/8
I just caught the end of it at work this morning. Looked like one hell of an atmosphere.
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Party Elephant For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2017, 05:32 AM   #105
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brisbane loses a super over heart breaker to the Sydney Sixers in the BBL semis to top off a bad day in sports for me

The final is in Perth on Saturday between the Sixers and the Scorchers. Perth is possibly the best T20 team in the world having appeared in 5 of 6 BBL finals.
Old 01-26-2017, 06:33 AM   #106
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another crazy David Warner stat: he has just matched Sachin Tendulkar as the only batsmen in ODI history to have 5 totals over 150. Tendulkar played in 463 ODIs while Warner has played in 93!
Old 01-26-2017, 12:12 PM   #107
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
Another crazy David Warner stat: he has just matched Sachin Tendulkar as the only batsmen in ODI history to have 5 totals over 150. Tendulkar played in 463 ODIs while Warner has played in 93!
That is insane. I'm glad he's getting rested for the Chappell Hadlee series
Old 01-30-2017, 12:49 AM   #108
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party Elephant View Post
That is insane. I'm glad he's getting rested for the Chappell Hadlee series
Looked like an amazing finish today. Nice of the Aussies to let you guys win every once in a while
Old 01-30-2017, 12:58 AM   #109
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Looked like an amazing finish today. Nice of the Aussies to let you guys win every once in a while
You know, I was watching all day and only missed the last 20 or so overs so I figured it was in the bag, but I see this Stoinis kid just started raining 6s the minute I left work. One more and he would've won the game single handedly. He even took 3 wickets!
Old 01-30-2017, 03:13 AM   #110
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You know, I was watching all day and only missed the last 20 or so overs so I figured it was in the bag, but I see this Stoinis kid just started raining 6s the minute I left work. One more and he would've won the game single handedly. He even took 3 wickets!
It was millimeters away from being the greatest comeback ever. Don't worry I would have stopped watching too.

What a performance by Stoinis. It was the highest run score in Australian history, and 2nd highest all time, while also taking 3 wickets. To make it more incredible he was playing in only his 2nd ODI!
Old 01-30-2017, 08:35 AM   #111
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was an epic inning by Stoinis, had he brought it home it would've been the greatest ODI innings ever.

The amazing part was in a 50 run, 10th wicket partnership he didn't even let Hazelwood face a delivery.

What a knock, hate the aussies but was rooting for him to take it home.

Also, was it me or was it a small ground? seemed like 6s were flying off of his bat and way back into the crowd.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:28 PM   #112
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
That was an epic inning by Stoinis, had he brought it home it would've been the greatest ODI innings ever.

The amazing part was in a 50 run, 10th wicket partnership he didn't even let Hazelwood face a delivery.

What a knock, hate the aussies but was rooting for him to take it home.

Also, was it me or was it a small ground? seemed like 6s were flying off of his bat and way back into the crowd.
Yeah Eden Park has pretty funny boundaries, particularly the straight ones which are barely 50m. It's a really awkward orientation since they run the pitch perpendicular to the rugby ground rather than parallel. The next venue, McLean Park in Napier, does the opposite so the longer boundary is down the ground.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:32 PM   #113
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
It was played at Eden Park in Auckland which is a rugby stadium, not a cricket ground. You may remember it was also raining 6s there during the last World Cup.

The distance to the straight boundary is only 55m which is way below the ICC mandate of 64m. They can only host internationals due to a grandfathering clause allowing stadiums which had internationals played prior to 2007 to be exempt from the updated standards.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:50 PM   #114
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
It was played at Eden Park in Auckland which is a rugby stadium, not a cricket ground. You may remember it was also raining 6s there during the last World Cup.

The distance to the straight boundary is only 55m which is way below the ICC mandate of 64m. They can only host internationals due to a grandfathering clause allowing stadiums which had internationals played prior to 2007 to be exempt from the updated standards.
Interesting, I was not aware of that. It's surprising that a city the size of Auckland doesn't have a proper large cricket venue despite 3 large rugby stadiums. And since we're talking about Eden Park I'm just going to post this...
Old 01-30-2017, 07:44 PM   #115
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Interesting, I was not aware of that. It's surprising that a city the size of Auckland doesn't have a proper large cricket venue despite 3 large rugby stadiums. And since we're talking about Eden Park I'm just going to post this...
Yet Wellington, the capital, has a proper cricket ground but not a proper rectangular rugby field. Odd.

That was such an amazing game. Of course South Africa continued their reputation of choking in the World Cup.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:40 AM   #116
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was hoping to watch cricket after the Flames game but for some reason the match in Napier was washed out even though it stopped raining before the start time. To quote Aussie captain Aaron Finch:

Quote:
We don’t have footy boots on. It’s very easy for your feet to slip out from underneath you ... and with standing water there, if someone’s diving, they’re just going to dig into the outfield. I haven’t seen it (a cricket field drain) that slow before
What the hell New Zealand? First ODI at a rugby stadium and second ODI at a swamp. Hopefully they can get it right the third time.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:06 AM   #117
ClubFlames

Exp:

Crazy T20 match between India and England yesterday. India made a total of 202 for 6 in 20 overs. England started the chase well and were 119 for 2 at one point but end up losing 8 wickets for 8 runs in a matter of 18 balls!

Old 02-02-2017, 10:14 PM   #118
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I was hoping to watch cricket after the Flames game but for some reason the match in Napier was washed out even though it stopped raining before the start time. To quote Aussie captain Aaron Finch:

What the hell New Zealand? First ODI at a rugby stadium and second ODI at a swamp. Hopefully they can get it right the third time.
Yep there's talk that they may pull Napier's ODI against South Africa in march. Apparently the pitch has some serious drainage issues and this has happened twice before in recent years so Napier may be done as a cricket venue for a while. Don't worry, the next game is at Seddon Park in Hamilton which is a proper round cricket oval, and the forecast is for sun and high of 28 on sunday!
Old 02-02-2017, 10:16 PM   #119
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubFlames View Post
Crazy T20 match between India and England yesterday. India made a total of 202 for 6 in 20 overs. England started the chase well and were 119 for 2 at one point but end up losing 8 wickets for 8 runs in a matter of 18 balls!
You reckon the England players threw in the towel with the series being already lost?
Old 02-03-2017, 08:56 AM   #120
ClubFlames

Exp:

Quote:
You reckon the England players threw in the towel with the series being already lost?
No, the series was tied 1-1 and that was the deciding game. They were pretty comfortable and I surely thought they would have chased that total down easily.